• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Portable Sega Genesis

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
Hmm...there seems to be a portable variant of all 4th-gen consoles except the Neo-Geo AES...maybe I should combine this idea with a minicade!
Before I do that, though, maybe I should get the portable versions of the others...let's check the prices...
SupaBoy...............................$79.99
TurboExpress.....................$313.20

Okay, now I already know the price of the No---WAIT WHAT THE HELL

There are four portable Genesis-es?! But I don't know which one to get!
From my understanding, there are at least four portable clones of the classic Sega Genesis from 1989:
-Nomad
-GenMobile
-RetroGen
-Retrobit

My question is, which one is the best? I'm looking for one that uses actual Genesis cartridges, has decent sound quality (*cough* AtGames Genesis Classic Game Console *cough*), doesn't run through batteries like a cheetah Sonic on caffeine, and costs less than the NEC TurboExpress.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
The Nomad is as close as an official Sega Genesis portable as you could possibly get despite battery concerns.
Genmobile is not worth it unless if you want to get finger cramps (Seriously, that button layout looks horrid.)
RetroGen & Retrobit aren't portable at all. Well, unless you got a Supaboy(SNES portable) plus Retrobit, you could definitely play Sega Genesis games on your Supaboy, at least its it should.

My recomandations is just get a different portable like the Dingoo or the GCW Zero(just be aware of them issues in terms of buttons), those play Sega Genesis games quite well.

Top Bottom