• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Baba

Smash Journeyman
It'll be Eggman
I guess Eggman would be his main competition. It depends on who's hanging out in DK's treehouse lmao.
I think Porky is more likely than Eggman but I guess we just have to wait and see.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
I guess Eggman would be his main competition. It depends on who's hanging out in DK's treehouse lmao.
I think Porky is more likely than Eggman but I guess we just have to wait and see.
No way Porky is more likely than Eggman since Mother is a dead series whose games aren't even on the library. Eggman can promote Sonic Colors Ultimate.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
No way Porky is more likely than Eggman since Mother is a dead series whose games aren't even on the library. Eggman can promote Sonic Colors Ultimate.
So far none of the DLC characters in the second pass have been promoting a game that released recently, so I don't think we'll suddenly get a promotional character, it could happen but I don't think it'll be the case.
But if we are talking promoting, Mother 1 + 2 on the NSO could be a possibility.

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
I disagree!
See, a character's relevancy has absolutely nothing to do with them being a viable character for Smash Bros. We've seen countless examples of this in the DLC packs already!! Alot of the fighters chosen we're announced years even decades after they're games released! (Terry Bogard comes to mind instantly!)

Calling Mother a "dead series" is a bit un-neccessary, yknow..? The franchise itself is still being loved and played to this day, along with projects such as Hobonichi creating new merchandising and items for fans to enjoy!! Infact, Hobonichi are planning to release Pollyanna2, the 2nd volume of the Mother/Earthbound manga next month !!~ The Mother series is far from "dead" !!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I disagree!
See, a character's relevancy has absolutely nothing to do with them being a viable character for Smash Bros. We've seen countless examples of this in the DLC packs already!! Alot of the fighters chosen we're announced years even decades after they're games released! (Terry Bogard comes to mind instantly!)

Calling Mother a "dead series" is a bit un-neccessary, yknow..? The franchise itself is still being loved and played to this day, along with projects such as Hobonichi creating new merchandising and items for fans to enjoy!! Infact, Hobonichi are planning to release Pollyanna2, the 2nd volume of the Mother/Earthbound manga next month !!~ The Mother series is far from "dead" !!
Welcome to Smashboards, Angie! Nice day you chose to start posting with the direct just around the corner!

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
Welcome to Smashboards, Angie! Nice day you chose to start posting with the direct just around the corner!
Awwwee!! Thank you so much for the warm welcome!!~ >//w//<

Perfect yet.. unexpected timing!! ahaha!! xD I've been a huge Porky supporter for years (since my early Brawl days if I re-call correctly!), but I've only just got around to makin' a smash boards account!!~ It's awesome to finally be able to join in!!~ o:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
I think Sephiroth already stole Porky's spot as the final boss villain archetype. Sephiroth and JENOVA parallels Porky and Giygas and you can't have both of them. Also, according the DLC Speculation thread, Earthbound is a dead series.

Porky is not getting in as DLC lol, his only hope is main roster. Look at the DLC characters so far. All of them are either from recent, successful games or are third-party picks from highly popular series, or both. This is because DLC characters need broad appeal to sell copies. Somebody niche like Porky can get in on the main game roster, where Sakurai has more space to include some niche characters, but is never ever getting in as DLC.

Last edited:

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
I think Sephiroth already stole Porky's spot as the final boss villain archetype. Sephiroth and JENOVA parallels Porky and Giygas and you can't have both of them. Also, according the DLC Speculation thread, Earthbound is a dead series.
Although I see where your coming from here, alot of aspects in Smash Bros parallel eachother (with the existence of Echo Fighers for example!). This is also seen in Spirits, Where Claus is pictured as himself and the Masked Man simutaneously! Just because they're stories parallel eachother doesn't mean Sephiroth "stole his spot".

...Just because the thread made that statement, does it mean its truthful? factual? No!! Of course not! In my honest opinion, I feel like that statement was made just to spite on people who want another Mother/Earthbound rep, and it's honestly really disrespectful and unnecessary.. As I mentioned before, The Mother series is far from "dead", and is still being kept alive by not only the fans, but projects such as Hobonichi too! Theres even a considerable demand for EarthBound to be ported to the NSO, exactly like the demand people gave to get EarthBound and Mother 1 (EarthBound Beginnings) onto the Wii U!!

Even if Porky is a "niche" character to you, that doesn't give you the right to shove "He's not getting in as DLC" down others throats, ones who are clearly passionate about this character and want him in Smash Bros. Let people speculate, have fun and be kind! Even if your belief is completely different to others! c:

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Although I see where your coming from here, alot of aspects in Smash Bros parallel eachother (with the existence of Echo Fighers for example!). This is also seen in Spirits, Where Claus is pictured as himself and the Masked Man simutaneously! Just because they're stories parallel eachother doesn't mean Sephiroth "stole his spot".

...Just because the thread made that statement, does it mean its truthful? factual? No!! Of course not! In my honest opinion, I feel like that statement was made just to spite on people who want another Mother/Earthbound rep, and it's honestly really disrespectful and unnecessary.. As I mentioned before, The Mother series is far from "dead", and is still being kept alive by not only the fans, but projects such as Hobonichi too! Theres even a considerable demand for EarthBound to be ported to the NSO, exactly like the demand people gave to get EarthBound and Mother 1 (EarthBound Beginnings) onto the Wii U!!

Even if Porky is a "niche" character to you, that doesn't give you the right to shove "He's not getting in as DLC" down others throats, ones who are clearly passionate about this character and want him in Smash Bros. Let people speculate, have fun and be kind! Even if your belief is completely different to others! c:
We'll see who's right.

SirRascal

Smash Rookie
We'll see who's right.
It's nothing to do with being right! At the end of the day, it's impossible to truly dispute what the next fighter will be. It's simply fun to gather evidence that supports our most anticipated character. Admittedly some of the points you've brought up don't make much sense, such as Mother being considered a dead game, despite Banjo and Kazooie getting in, with their last game being released in 2008. Only 2 years after Mother 3.

All we can do is hope and pray that Nintendo delivers tomorrow.

kumie

Smash Rookie
Been a while since I posted here but I have been lurking. This is the last fighter and I haven't given up since the start of both passes. I'm really hoping for the best here. If we don't get Porky, well it was fun serving with all of you on this hype train, Pigmask comrades. But who knows? maybe someone could ask Sakurai about Porky's absence in an interview or something.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Been a while since I posted here but I have been lurking. This is the last fighter and I haven't given up since the start of both passes. I'm really hoping for the best here. If we don't get Porky, well it was fun serving with all of you on this hype train, Pigmask comrades. But who knows? maybe someone could ask Sakurai about Porky's absence in an interview or something.
I think it's probably best if we accept the capsule of Porky at this point.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
With less than potentially five hours left until the last character is revealed, I appreciate you guys sticking with the Pig King until the end.
True, with how the DLC has been going, and which characters they decided to add as DLC in both passes, Porky seems like an oddball, if not straight-up unlikely to happen. However with the circumstances of his absence still being inexplicable (the initial reactions for many people when the game was leaked were all "Where's Porky? DLC? Cut Boss?") three years later might suggest they decided on a surprising final DLC character that sets itself apart from the norm with a relatively irrelevant character nowadays, albeit from a series that's still extremely liked nowadays and with a game whose localization is still clamored by many fans around the world.
No matter if the last charact is Porky or not, it was a cool ride overall, and I'll support the character until Ultimate is really done. Let's do it!

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
With less than potentially five hours left until the last character is revealed, I appreciate you guys sticking with the Pig King until the end.
True, with how the DLC has been going, and which characters they decided to add as DLC in both passes, Porky seems like an oddball, if not straight-up unlikely to happen. However with the circumstances of his absence still being inexplicable (the initial reactions for many people when the game was leaked were all "Where's Porky? DLC? Cut Boss?") three years later might suggest they decided on a surprising final DLC character that sets itself apart from the norm with a relatively irrelevant character nowadays, albeit from a series that's still extremely liked nowadays and with a game whose localization is still clamored by many fans around the world.
No matter if the last charact is Porky or not, it was a cool ride overall, and I'll support the character until Ultimate is really done. Let's do it!
YEAH!!!~ thats the kinda spirit I absolutely love to see!!~ <3

Nah, if he makes it in, great! But if he doesn’t then it is what it is
Absolutely!!~ <3
(aahh forgive me for asking at such a late notice but.. is that Porky cosplay on your pfp yours, Ping pong? o :

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Just a few hours left until it is confirmed that the Absolutely Safe Capsule is indeed Porky the entire time. <-----This statement will age like fine wine.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
O
Just a few hours left until it is confirmed that the Absolutely Safe Capsule is indeed Porky the entire time. <-----This statement will age like fine wine.
Okay I’ll bite, even if Porky doesn’t get in as a fighter, it doesn’t really confirm he’s in the capsule.
Just means he’s not a playable character, nothing more nothing less

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
Yup! A couple years back I cosplayed as the pig king himself.
I’m pretty happy with how it turned out
OH. MY. GOD. THATS ADORABLE!?!! You even have a lil' Mecha-Porky plush?!! ahaha thats amazing!!! you look lovely!!~ What I'd do to meet you at a con!! >///<

Funnily enough, I have a Ness cosplay myself!! (I'm just missing the back-pack and my Mr Saturn plush I'll be getting soon!) - It's what originally inspired my pfp, too!! - I'm planning on taking my Ness cosplay to a con hopefully sometime next year!! (im in the UK specifically so cons are a lil' hard to comeby unless its a massive one like MCM for example!)

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
OH. MY. GOD. THATS ADORABLE!?!! You even have a lil' Mecha-Porky plush?!! ahaha thats amazing!!! you look lovely!!~ What I'd do to meet you at a con!! >///<

Funnily enough, I have a Ness cosplay myself!! (I'm just missing the back-pack and my Mr Saturn plush I'll be getting soon!) - It's what originally inspired my pfp, too!! - I'm planning on taking my Ness cosplay to a con hopefully sometime next year!! (im in the UK specifically so cons are a lil' hard to comeby unless its a massive one like MCM for example!)
Haha thanks! Glad you liked it, that picture was actually taken at MCM coincidentally.
But with five minutes remaining this might be the end of smash speculation, see ya on the other side guys and gals

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Some people forgot this is the thread to support Porky, not bring him down, for that you have to join Lucas and friends in his quest.
I lost my faith in Porky like, what, a year ago? That doesn't means I am not going to support him until the very end! His chances are minimum but still not zero! We must not give up until the very end!
And now, here we are... the beginning of the end... the end of Smash Ultimate.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Some people forgot this is the thread to support Porky, not bring him down, for that you have to join Lucas and friends in his quest.
I lost my faith in Porky like, what, a year ago? That doesn't means I am not going to support him until the very end! His chances are minimum but still not zero! We must not give up until the very end!
A 1% chance is still a chance! :mybodyisreggie:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
LMAOOO EVEN F ZERO GOT ANOTHER GAME ON THE SWITCH BEFORE ANY OF THE MOTHER GAMES. I guess Nintendo doesn't care about MOTHER at all. His chances have reduced to -50% now. I guess Mother fans are the easiest fanbase to poke fun at she was right
If by “another” game you meant port of an old game then... sure I guess

Last edited:

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
LMAOOO EVEN F ZERO GOT ANOTHER GAME ON THE SWITCH BEFORE ANY OF THE MOTHER GAMES. I guess Nintendo doesn't care about MOTHER at all. His chances have reduced to -50% now. I guess Mother fans are the easiest fanbase to poke fun at she was right
If your just gonna pop by this thread to act like a brat and think your superior just because you hate this franchise, stop wasting your time and grow up. Like Zeox said, this is a thread to support Porky, its certaintly not a free-pass for you to constantly be spiteful to Mother fans for simply wanting a character in smash. Your not special for doing so.

Since you consistently quote other users and those threads you seem to latch yourself onto, why don't you do us all a favour and go back to them AND STAY THERE. Leave us alone.

Last edited:

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
Haha thanks! Glad you liked it, that picture was actually taken at MCM coincidentally.
But with five minutes remaining this might be the end of smash speculation, see ya on the other side guys and gals
(aaa apologies for my late reply to this one oopsies.. I-I gotta little carried away up there!! ^)

HOLY- YOU WERE AT MCM?! o__o;; am I truly encountering a local Mother fan?!!?! w-who cosplays Porky?!!
ohh gosh forgive for freaking out ahaha- I'm stumped!! I truly didn't expect this!!! This has truly made my night along with the direct, I'm so happy!!! >///<

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
(aaa apologies for my late reply to this one oopsies.. I-I gotta little carried away up there!! ^)

HOLY- YOU WERE AT MCM?! o__o;; am I truly encountering a local Mother fan?!!?! w-who cosplays Porky?!!
ohh gosh forgive for freaking out ahaha- I'm stumped!! I truly didn't expect this!!! This has truly made my night along with the direct, I'm so happy!!! >///<
I’ve seen a few Ness and Lucas cosplayers and one Kumatora but never another Porky aside from myself.
If we do get Porky in a couple weeks,I’ll shelf my current cosplan and go as Porky again for MCM to celebrate haha

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Reasons I always come back to this thread.

Friends, it’s cliche and it’s been said before, but this has been quite the ride. Our end goal may seem distant, but that could all change in the next week and a half. I look forward to what awaits.

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Just a hot take. I think Ness and Lucas will be removed from the next smash game if a new director happens. There lifetime sales is sub-million which makes it a very small series.
Reasons I always come back to this thread.

Friends, it’s cliche and it’s been said before, but this has been quite the ride. Our end goal may seem distant, but that could all change in the next week and a half. I look forward to what awaits.
I'm kinda looking forward for Sakurai to confirm Porky's situation. Most likely in the capsule.

Last edited:

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
Good Luck guys. Porky is definitely my most wanted character
WOAH! Fourside!! Hellooo!!! long time no see!! It's great to have you here!!~ <3

I’ve seen a few Ness and Lucas cosplayers and one Kumatora but never another Porky aside from myself.
If we do get Porky in a couple weeks,I’ll shelf my current cosplan and go as Porky again for MCM to celebrate haha
(aaa apologies for my late reply again!!)

Ohh Ive seen plenty of them too no doubt haha!!! - I'd be lying if I said I never thought of cosplaying Porky myself!! (And Lil' Miss Marshmallow too!)
I was at, one point, thinking of making a cosplay similar to this fan-render below, where he has mini spider legs/arms on his back along with his tux!! If Porky gets revealed I may invest in actually making those lil' spider legs!! Ive always thought of it as a neat lil' idea of him having mini-arms/legs he can control as an alt instead of being in a mech!!~

YOO?!! You would?!! Ohh my gosh, if you plan on going to MCM London specifically I think I might cry of happiness ahaha- that would be AMAZING!! <3

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
(aaa apologies for my late reply again!!)

Ohh Ive seen plenty of them too no doubt haha!!! - I'd be lying if I said I never thought of cosplaying Porky myself!! (And Lil' Miss Marshmallow too!)
I was at, one point, thinking of making a cosplay similar to this fan-render below, where he has mini spider legs/arms on his back along with his tux!! If Porky gets revealed I may invest in actually making those lil' spider legs!! Ive always thought of it as a neat lil' idea of him having mini-arms/legs he can control as an alt instead of being in a mech!!~

YOO?!! You would?!! Ohh my gosh, if you plan on going to MCM London specifically I think I might cry of happiness ahaha- that would be AMAZING!! <3
Oh awesome, a Ms marshmallow cosplay could be cool as well as the doc ock style Porky, I might try and attempt it one day as well but idk how well his mecha legs will be able to stay up while I’m moving around haha.
MCM London October? Yeah I’ll be there, hopefully as Porky if he’s the final character

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
Oh awesome, a Ms marshmallow cosplay could be cool as well as the doc ock style Porky, I might try and attempt it one day as well but idk how well his mecha legs will be able to stay up while I’m moving around haha.
MCM London October? Yeah I’ll be there, hopefully as Porky if he’s the final character
Yesss!!! If Porky gets in, I'll go for it!! Mark my words!! (Granted, I'm not entirely sure if I'll be able to make the October one specifically, but I'll try my best for you, Ping-Pong!!)

Ive always imagined Porky's spider legs (like the render I sent) to be attached to a box-like back, that way they'll connect to that box and wont fall off, kinda like a cute mechanical portable back-pack..thingie!!~

I quickly decided to doodle a lil' drawing to give a better look/insight!!~ (OHH I completely forgot to mention here, but I'm an artist who's drawn Porky several times, along with alot of other Mother/Earthbound related stuff!! I can show more of my Porky works if you lovelies are curious to see them <3!!)

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Yesss!!! If Porky gets in, I'll go for it!! Mark my words!! (Granted, I'm not entirely sure if I'll be able to make the October one specifically, but I'll try my best for you, Ping-Pong!!)

Ive always imagined Porky's spider legs (like the render I sent) to be attached to a box-like back, that way they'll connect to that box and wont fall off, kinda like a cute mechanical portable back-pack..thingie!!~

I quickly decided to doodle a lil' drawing to give a better look/insight!!~ (OHH I completely forgot to mention here, but I'm an artist who's drawn Porky several times, along with alot of other Mother/Earthbound related stuff!! I can show more of my Porky works if you lovelies are curious to see them <3!!)

Ooh it looks cool! Feel free to share your art, any new Porky content is greatly appreciated

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Please! Share it! Any and all EarthBound art! I love seeing what this fan base/community comes up with.

Angie Fuzzball

Smash Rookie
Awwee!! you guys are too sweet!! >///<

Okay!! I'll start off by showing this one!!~ Although its still a biiit of a work in progress, I'm currently re-drawing Porky's SSBB render in my style, using his Trophy from Wii U as a reference for the posing!! (since it's also my favourite trophy eehee) - Ive only rendered the spider mech and one of the Mecha-Porky's so far, but it's turning out to be one of my absolute favourites!!~ I'll definitely send the final thing when it's complete!!~

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Awwee!! you guys are too sweet!! >///<

Okay!! I'll start off by showing this one!!~ Although its still a biiit of a work in progress, I'm currently re-drawing Porky's SSBB render in my style, using his Trophy from Wii U as a reference for the posing!! (since it's also my favourite trophy eehee) - Ive only rendered the spider mech and one of the Mecha-Porky's so far, but it's turning out to be one of my absolute favourites!!~ I'll definitely send the final thing when it's complete!!~

Looks awesome so far!
I love the colouring on it

Top Bottom