• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popo Uthrow>Nana Footstool>Popo buffered turnaround ice block lock>Popo regrab

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
(With popo beeing the main ice climber)

This CG is quite easy to perform, and happens in place, meaning it could be an easy 0-death (ending with a F/Usmash for example).

How to perform:

1. popo grabs the opponent
2. Nana jumps (just mash X/Y)
3. Popo Uthrow
4. Nana footstool (just keep mashing X/Y)
5. As the opponent will land behind popo, one needs to buffer turnaround an ice block to lock the opponent and force a standup.
6. regrab
7. start again from step 1.

This is quite easily performed once you get the hang of it.

(I tested this on an opponent Link.).

Opinions?

EDIT: here is the video I made demonstrating this CG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APySQsr-tM8

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I've done it before, but I found it more difficult than the other ones I've been using. I can't consistently get the footstool off.

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
I've done it before, but I found it more difficult than the other ones I've been using. I can't consistently get the footstool off.
I dont find it that hard to do, and with even more practice, this can easily be done consistently, meaning a pretty easy 0-death CG on link (and I think all other charaters too.)

Also, here is the video I made demonstrating this CG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APySQsr-tM8

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
Your not the first to do it... however i dont think its a very practical chaingrab... it has much tighter timing than other footstool chaingrabs and chaingrabs in general.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
This is neat, although I don't see any reason why I would ever want to do it aside from showing off in friendlies.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I've done this before and also mentioned this on other threads; though, I can only do it on Marth. xD

PartyHatPikaChu said:
2. Nana jumps (just mash X/Y)
3. Popo Uthrow
4. Nana footstool (just keep mashing X/Y)
I don't think that's going to work against the whole cast. I performed this against Marth and luckily it did work, BUT for the other characters, I think you need a different timing so mashing the jump button isn't going to work much. o-o

Kage Me said:
...U-throw made useful? o_0;
Lol, yes. : D

PartyHatPikaChu

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that's going to work against the whole cast. I performed this against Marth and luckily it did work, BUT for the other characters, I think you need a different timing so mashing the jump button isn't going to work much. o-o
True. It could be that each character has a different timing, or that each 'fall speed group' has its different timing (floaties other timing than fast fallers etc.), but against link, the method I explained in the OP can do the trick though;)

Top Bottom