• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pop/Soda Can Armchair

Link to original post: Pop/Soda Can Armchair

I'm making a pop/soda can armchair. The seat it self will be about 4 cans high and 6 can diameters deep and across. Around the seat will sit an extra row of 2 cans and I'm undecided how high above the seat position I want this row to come up. It's being held together with strips of duct tape.

Anyone have any ideas how I might pimp out this armchair even further?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Would be easier to understand if you used units of squirtles instead of cans.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
They're Soda cans.

Lady Gaga doesn't make cans.

Here's a bit of an update. Decided to go with 3 cans high for the seating area, 24 cans across, and about 9 cans deep. Still need to double its length and get some cushions or something.

ook

Smash Lord
Lookin good. I really like making functional stuff like this.

Although one has to wonder: if you drink that much pop, will the chair be able to support you?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
yeah, I can see it being made of full soda cans, but empty ones... seems dangerous for even someone who's light. Don't play smash in it, your excited gyrations may cause it to crumple!

Where did does it say I drank all of it ;p You get about a 12-pack that lasts you about 2 weeks and get 5-6 other people helping you to do the same along with some recycling scavenging, and you get about 350 cans in 2 months. No ill side effects.

Cans can hold up to weight pretty well when spread across a lot of them like this. 4 cans can hold about 180 Lbs without any issues while a single can just crumples.

And duct tape does everything.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
They're Soda cans.

Lady Gaga doesn't make cans.
There are some people who call it pop instead of soda. Correcting people on that is a little unnecessary and pointless.

Top Bottom