• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pop Quiz: How to be good with Mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersmasher

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2212-8762
I find that once a character is off stage, using the fireball works really well to keep them off. If you're really good you can use the FLUDD to keep people off the map.

I really like the Up-A attack , it's really useful for hitting a group of enemies on a ledge. But it's not strong enough to get someone off the map.

UnsuspectingVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blockyraccoon
3DS FC
0430-8629-1274
I find that once a character is off stage, using the fireball works really well to keep them off. If you're really good you can use the FLUDD to keep people off the map.

I really like the Up-A attack , it's really useful for hitting a group of enemies on a ledge. But it's not strong enough to get someone off the map.
I've found the flood useless. You can get more bang for your buck if you just keep back-airing the person until he's off the screen.

Fludd*

Last edited by a moderator:

supersmasher

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1693-2212-8762
I've found the flood useless. You can get more bang for your buck if you just keep back-airing the person until he's off the screen.
It's probably the case that the FLUDD is pretty useless. But I saw a video where a character was off the stage, and Mario was on the ledge spraying him off. It cast a pretty big area and I was pretty impressed. I tried incorporating it, but logistically it sucks to charge up the sprayer. I guess I'm not pro status yet. As a projectile, I think it's better to keep people off the stage than the fireball, but, much harder to pull off and requires planning or to be a part of your strategy as a whole.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Up Tilt until the opponent bounces off. Use U-Air for everything you do afterwards. Use B-Air and N-Air to edgeguard. If you want to play it safe, use fully charged FLUDD and then spam B-air. Use cape to interrupt recoveries of Ness, Lucina, Mars, Ganon, Mac, and, basically every character in the game not called Duck Hunt, Sheik, Zelda, and Villager. Use U-Smash to kill someone above you. Spam the fireballs to annoy your opponent. Only use Mario's shoryuken for recovery. If you grab somebody, always use D-Throw, if you want to get the opponent off-stage, use B-throw. Now mix everything, and there you go.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Not all characters will be chained by down throw ---> Utilt.

Of course if it works just do it, always use the cape against projectile users such as Pikachu,Robin ect even if they aren't firing anything the chances of a Robin player holding in their fully charged special for a long time is slim.

All of Mario's air moves are good, i'd stick with Dair when going ontop of an opponent or shield pressure, Bair to get easy percentage and gain some space and Nair for easy approach and damage.

Uair is good to combo off and his Fair should be used on characters who won't get gimped by Mario's cape such as Sonic,megaman,Villager,Zelda,Sheik ect. If the cape doesn't work on someone's up recovery may as well try to Fair them off stage.

Fire balls are good,Fludd is useless for the way i play the cape is more than enough.

neutral A combo is solid really good when someone is in your face get some space. I don't use smash attacks since i kill using the cape but if i wanted to kill i'd use a Up smash.

^
That's my opinion honestly rack up damage using Utilt at low percents that's a given.

Last edited:

!BSP

Banned via Warnings
Try using FLUDD on Zelda/Sheik's recovery. If you shoot them when they land, it should push them in the air and make them go helpless.

Also, unless the cape doesn't flip controls anymore, you can cape the startup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom