• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: How do you think PM should continue?

How Should PM continue

• PM 3.6

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • PM 3.02

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • PM 3.61

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • PM Evolution

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Go Back To Melee

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Go forward to Sm4sh

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Squash the bugs (Bug Patch only)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • ambivalence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PurplishBacon

Smash Cadet
Basically the above question. feel free to discuss below

EDIT: added melee, Bugfix, and sm4sh as options in the poll. Also Made votes non-public and allowed viewing without voting.

ALSO this is the "newPMDT's" Straw poll outcome for those of you who would like to know

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
it really should just end on this patch. The more people try to finagle with what version were using, going to use, or try to modify, the more the metagame wont develop. lets just keep it as is, this patch has the best combination of strong characters and well designed characters. even the underpowered characters have lots of options, so this should be the one that we end on.

PurplishBacon

Smash Cadet
personally im split between everything but the 3.02 that's the only thing I don't want.

VenomCB

Smash Cadet
I say we just keep playing v3.6. This is what I had said before about it in another thread.

Every game has to end development at some point. We all know how Sakurai's team was rushed making Melee and because of that Melee has it's own fair share of jank and excluded content. This is nothing different. People still love Melee. So people can still love PM.

Project M has come a long way and is really probably the best balanced game out of all the smash games. Yes it might have jank, and yes it might not get the new costumes or bug fixes... but if the team just decided to stop at v3.6 anyway then we would of all been decently satisfied and accepted it. We would have moved on from expecting all the updates and just played the game.

Just accept Project M for what it is in it's current state. Just keep using the true final product of PM at tournaments. None of the edited crap that will more than likely arise. Don't get me wrong, I personally will make my own edited crap, but I'm not going to bring that to a tournament!

It's best to just respect the PMDT's wishes and keep playing the game we love.

PurplishBacon

Smash Cadet
Yea that's kind of what I'm leaning towards mostly because that is the wish of the pmdt and it is their mod. I'd like to see a completed knuckles and lyn but only for casual play at the house not for the scene as a whole.

VenomCB

Smash Cadet
Yeah. Like yes, I did get a hold of the leaked stuff, but I'm not going to bring that to tournament. I'll just have a second SD card labeled as "For Fun" that has the extra characters and whatever other crazy stuff gets put on it. Then my normal stock v3.6 SD card.

Ultimately I feel like it comes down to people just respecting the PMDT's wishes and for people to stop complaining about bugs, nerfs, buffs, and the like.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
While not asking for the same thing, newPMDT put up a strawpoll on how they should move forward with things. The concepts of PM 3.61 and PM Community Build have been merged so there will only be one further unofficial community release, before moving on to the entirely separate project of Evolution stuff.

It should be noted that the strawpoll does offer options to vote against further work on the 3.6 community build whatsoever, with other options for what it should include if it goes forward (and by extension, what content should be left for the non-PM-related project of Evolution). So whether you are for/against the whole build or specific features being used in the build (textures, bug fixes, balance patching, characters, etc.), this strawpoll is applicable to you, and where you can have an influence on some of the future based off this smashboard thread's ideas. Even if you don't care about whatever newPMDT makes, it will still affect you if it takes off and gets popular, so you can choose to eliminate or minimize the "damage" it could cause based on your preferences/opinions.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Other.

Whatever the community through free and voluntary interaction wishes to do is the way it should continue, if at all.
If it fragments, so be it. If it unifies under one version or another, so be it.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Other.

Whatever the community through free and voluntary interaction wishes to do is the way it should continue, if at all.
If it fragments, so be it. If it unifies under one version or another, so be it.
While the poll options aren't the most fleshed out and agreeable here, you probably should've voted the view results option lol. A neutral stance, unless available as an option, votes through abstinence.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
While the poll options aren't the most fleshed out and agreeable here, you probably should've voted the view results option lol. A neutral stance, unless available as an option, votes through abstinence.
Not at all. What this poll says and what actually happens through the free interaction of people are two entirely different things.

TopOfAllWorlds

Smash Apprentice
This seems like a bad poll because evolution has nothing o do with proect m and you didn't have anything about a bug patch.

D

Deleted member

way to make the poll publicly viewable so anyone actually involved can't give you an honest answer.

10/10

PurplishBacon

Smash Cadet
I'll do that... also added go to melee and go to Sm4sh as options

way to make the poll publicly viewable so anyone actually involved can't give you an honest answer.

10/10
Fixed

This seems like a bad poll because evolution has nothing o do with proect m and you didn't have anything about a bug patch.
Also Fixed

Last edited:

TopOfAllWorlds

Smash Apprentice
Hold actually the only right answer should be to keep it as 3.6 because nythign else will make nintendo **** us in the ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom