• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Given Brawl's online functionality, do you plan to buy Mario Kart?

GenericKen

Smash Cadet
The question's in the title: given your experience with Brawl's online implementation, do you plan on buying Mario Kart?

I was on the fence earlier, but given how extrodinarily poorly brawl's online was put together, I honestly can't think of another Wii game that I would ever want to buy. My family doesn't play, my local friends don't play, so what's the point for me?

There's no poll functionality on these boards, so just copy the guy above you and update:

0 - I plan on buying Mario Kart.
1 - I'm not buying Mario Kart, based on my experience with brawl.
0 - Makes no difference to me.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
1 - I plan on buying Mario Kart.

I plan on buying MK because SSBB's online works just fine apart for the "with anyone" stuff. Sure the interface sucks and the whole thing is lacking but the point is I get to play people halfway across the world and it works with just a hint of lag.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to decide just yet. But I'll let you guys know that I played someone in the same city as me with Brawl's online and it was completely unbearable! And it still shows a green light because it was considered a good connection! Why didn't Nintendo choose to go with a good online system!?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Mario Strikers Charged has much better online play than Brawl. There's no reason to think Mario Kart won't be better as well. I'll be buying Mario kart. It would be stupid not to just because Brawl's online is ****.

2 - I plan on buying Mario Kart.

Frames

DI
Actually there are polls on these boards, you just don't have access to them yet.

As for Mario Kart, I'll get it, but not because it's online. Brawl has completely turned me off from Wii online, and if Mario Kart isn't significantly better in terms of their online, I won't bother with it, i'll just race offline.

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
Yeah, I'm gettin' it. Brawl's online don't bother me cuz I ain't got no friends on it really. I have two to be exact, one's not registered and I can't ever catch Youko when he's on so. I'm definitely gonna get Mario Kart anyway cause I like the game. lolz.

3 - I plan on buying Mario Kart.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
*Moves to Lighthouse*

Mario Kart has Online Leaderboards, downloadable ghosts and the potential for official Nintendo contests.

Regardless of that, I'm getting it because I love Mario Kart in general.

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
*Moves to Lighthouse*

Mario Kart has Online Leaderboards, downloadable ghosts and the potential for official Nintendo contests.

Regardless of that, I'm getting it because I love Mario Kart in general.
Why couldn't brawl have these online features?

Corimon

Smash Apprentice
I've truthfully never really been into the Mario Kart 64 enough to be hyped about it's sequel on the Wii. But with it's online capabilities, it makes me consider borrowing it from a friend when it comes out. It makes it sound more appealing and so far, I've had minimal problems with Brawl's Wi-Fi.

I may give it a shot one day.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Why won't I get Mario Kart? Just because the online might suck, it doesn't mean that the game won't. All the Mario Karts are good, so hopefully the trend won't end with this one.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
You forgot one;

Option 4 - BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

No, seriously, I'll give it a rental and see how it looks before I make any decisions. I have the "advantage" of being broke at the moment, so I won't really have to worry about game purchase decisions. Unfortunately, that comes the with unavoidable side effect of making it hard to pay bills, but at least I'm saved from indecision, right? :p

Sam Gwosdz

Smash Rookie
I plan to buy Mario Kart sometimes in spite of the Wi-Fi Connection. That doesn't really matter to me.

AJ-Lo

Smash Cadet
4 - I plan on buying Wario Kart.
1 - I'm not buying Wario Kart, based on my experience with Melee.

YEAH I've already reserved my copy of Mario Kart! Honestly, even if Mario Kart didn't have online capabilities, I'd STILL get it. I mean, come on. It's Mario Kart! You can't go wrong!

karterfreak

Smash Cadet
5 - I plan on buying Mario Kart.

Hopefully nintendo doesn't screw up the online leaderboards. I still have a feeling that the main place to get legit times is going to be the player's page, but meh. Downloadable ghosts however is going to be a significant plus for proof issues though :)

Link_in_park

Smash Ace
6 - I plan on buying Mario Kart.

I definitely plan on getting the new Mario Kart game! Also, I'm pretty sure that the online is going to be significantly better than that of Brawl's. According to the latest "Iwata Asks" interview, one of the game's main developers is an online gamer who also took charge of Mario Kart DS, which is probably the DS's most popular online game.

Top Bottom