• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polkka's SSB4 ideas

Ievan_Polkka

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=3958]Polkka's SSB4 ideas[/drupal]

First, the all-important roster. This is all most everyone seems to care about, so I might as well start with it so people who don't care about the rest at least pay attention to something lol.

MARIO SERIES
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
+Toad
+Bowser Jr.

Mario needs more characters, and Toad and Bowser Jr. are by far the top 2 most wanted. With all the fancy transformations Zelda and Pokemon has, Mario really should get both so it doesn't have so few characters compared to the other 2 big series. Toad could use moves from Mario 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii, as well as his super mushroom from Mario Kart for a final smash. Bowser Jr. could use his paintbrush to be more different from Bowser, and a mech like one from SMG2 as a final smash.

LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
+Toon Zelda/Tetra/Phantom Zelda

Yay we need a new Zelda rep, and what better one than to get 3 in one after transformations, and a new female (or 3) added all at once. How is that not fun? And it's not impossible seeing as Toon Zelda was part of the forbidden 7.

POKEMON SERIES
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard
+Meowth
+Zoroark (replace with 6th gen pokemon if 6th gen comes out in time)

Zoroark is the new Lucario who gets his new moveset. We pretty much need to have a newest gen pokemon every smash. And Meowth is just popular and would make a very good character. He can cut stuff up with claws, bite, and throw coins.

MARIO SPIN-OFF SERIES
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wario
+Diddy and Dixie Kong
+King K. Rool

Adding Dixie was planned for brawl, and I'd still like to see it happen. It would sneak another female into the roster without having to use up a slot. They wouldn't be too terribly like ICs since you can change the leader and the two are only luigified versions of each other, not clones.

K. Rool is by far one of the most wanted villains, challenged only by Ridley. With shooting cannonballs, jumping, throwing his crown, and much more, he'd easily have a unique and exiting moveset.

Yoshi and Wario don't really need more characters since they're really Mario spin-offs, and neither of their series alone has all that much popularity, and neither has any characters most people want all that badly.

KIRBY SERIES
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Doesn't need any more characters.

STARFOX SERIES
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Really doesn't need any more characters. Shouldn't even have had 3 in brawl, but now that it's got 3, it's probably not going back down.

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES
Marth
Ike
+New FE Lord

We got Ike when he was new, and should keep up the getting of a new FE character. I obviously can't say much about the new character since he/she doesn't exist yet, but his/her final smash should be whatever his/her master ability is.

Ike is so popular now because of brawl that there's no way he's going away. If another FE game doesn't come out in time, it'd be Lyn, Caeda, or Sigurd instead, depending on whose game is remade the most recently at the time.

KID ICARUS SERIES
Pit
+Medusa

Yay, the best way to increase the tally of females and villains at the same time. She'd easily be a fun and different character who could take most of her moves from Uprising, hopefully. Palutena isn't as good since she...doesn't ever seem to appear outside of story/background much. What would she even be able to do? She's also part of Pit's final smash, and then it'd be easy to think up a corresponding final smash for Medusa, but if Palutena is added, then there doesn't seem to be much left for pit to do as a final smash. Oh and Eggplant Wizard really should be an assist trophy, as he's really known for a whopping 1 attack, which is perfect for an AT.

RETRO SERIES
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
R.O.B.
+Little Mac
+Sheriff

Yeah, I know, some people say Little Mac doesn't count as retro, but he's not that far from it. He could have lots of punching attacks.

Sheriff is important in Nintendo history and we need a character like him after we've had Mr. G&W and ROB.

EARTHBOUND/MOTHER SERIES
Ness
Lucas

For a series with a whopping 3 games, this doesn't need any more characters. If it got one, it'd be the masked man.

F-ZERO SERIES
Captain Falcon

A racing series with no games since 2004, and we're in 2011. Why do so many people include more characters here? Has Black Shadow even been in that many games? Maybe I can update this if we get a new F-Zero game soon, but for now, I've already added plenty of villains, all of which I'd rather have over Black Shadow or Samurai Goroh.

METROID SERIES
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
+Ridley

Ridley is an obvious addition, and size matters not, since in the land of the trophies, characters can be re-sized. There is seemingly no other argument against him, so he's in. He can shoot fireballs, tailwhip, etc.

OTHER SERIES:
Olimar
+Isaac
+Starfy

Isaac is pretty much a must add. Golden Sun is a very popular series, and still doesn't have any characters. Isaac is by far the best choice. Only other characters I've seen suggested much are Felix, who is basically an Isaac clone who is far less important to the series, and Matthew, who has the same problem but he's only even been in 1 game. Isaac could use specials like Quake Sphere, Gaia, Ragnarok, and Clay Spire, with a final smash of Judgment.

Starfy is also very popular and next highest on the list of series of to add. I don't know much of what he can do but I've heard he can do plenty in his games to be a very good character.

THIRD PARTY:
Sonic
Snake
+Megaman

With all the news about someone from Capcom trying to get a Nintendo vs Capcom, I really feel Megaman has a super high chance to get added here. The other 2 can probably stick around, too. Megaman could copy his opponent's side B moves and then use them instead of his buster for side B for a while. A lot of the rest of him would probably be very similar to what he does in xxx vs Capcom games.

Adventure mode:

1. More areas that only 1 character can reach. This would make players think and have to solve real puzzles.

2. Areas themed after different series. Generic places with generic enemies in brawl was pretty disappointing.

3. Areas should have hidden exits that lead to hidden areas. SSE is much too linear.

4. More bosses that aren't made up. The final boss can be a smash character who's causing all the trouble, but the rest should all be ones we've seen in other games before.

5. Make the characters talk. It's just probably not going to make much sense again if they don't.

Gameplay ideas:

1. Fix the items. They were fine in the first 2 games, now they either do a whole lot or virtually nothing in brawl. We need more items that have a high chance of doing you small amounts of good.

2. Make the game faster and less defensive. I think it'd be especially nice if you had a smash meter that went up when you hit someone, even if they blocked or dodge your attack. That way, if someone played defensive all the time, you'd eventually get a final smash. I don't like the smash balls that much and they're pretty unfair to a lot of characters who aren't good at getting them.

3. More options! We need group mode rules where the first person to hit with 30 non-projectile attacks wins. Or the first person to get a KO with a pokeball or assist trophy wins. Maybe even the first person to get bonus x wins. Yes this means I want bonuses back. We need options that actually makes people play significantly differently. We also should have the options to set up the scoring however. E.g. each coin you have at the end is 1 point, a KO is worth 5, a fall is -50 and a SD is -25, or whatever else like that we want. We should be able to change the appearance rates of each item, each pokemon, and each assist trophy character, not just turn items on or off. Of course, options like this would have to be earned through much playing, but still the end result would be so much more fun than how brawl is.

4. Way more parts for the stage builder. How do we not have water, destructible blocks, and lots of other things like that? Oh and stuff needs to be able to be placed closer together.

More to come and maybe some alterations when I get around to it. I want to eventually have much better descriptions about the movesets of the new characters and have more ideas for new features.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Wait, is Smash seriously too much of a good guy sausage fest, or is there any other reason that people seem intent on having more females/ villains/ female villains?
But yeah, the character list is pretty much the same old thing lol.

I think an Adventure mode would probably benefit more from a reverse of the SSE tbh, so existing characters as generics, such as Goomba's, Waddle Dee's etc. but more original bosses, like Tabuu. Some game variations are cool, characters should have text boxes when appropriate during the story, and stage builder is crap for making non gimmicky stages.

Top Bottom