• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokken Tournament Gets Some Additions

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I hope each type gets some sort of representation. As for Pokemon, I'd like to see any of the following:

Gengar (ghost/Poison)
Toxicroak (poison/fighting)
Emboar (fire/fighting)
Charizard (fire/flying)
Hawlucha (fighting/flying)
Shiftry (Grass/Dark)
Zoroark (Dark)
Aegioslash (Steel/Ghost)
Barbarnicle (Rock/Water)
Greninja (Water/Dark)
Pyroar (Fire/Normal)
Meloetta (Normal/Psychic)
Bisharp (Dark/Steel)
Beartic (Ice)
Haxorus (Dragon)
Galvantula (Bug/Electric)
Gothitelle (Psychic)
Krookadile (Ground/Dark)
Scolippede (Bug/Poison)
Conkeldurr (Fighting)
Gigalith (Rock)
Zebrastrika (Electric)
Rotom (Electric/Ghost)
Magmortor (Fire)
Abomasnow (Grass/Ice)
Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)
Lopunny (Normal)
Tortererra (Grass/Ground)
Latia (Dragon/Psychic)
Latios (Dragon/Psychic)
Deoxys (Psychic)
Absol (Dark)
Aggron (Steel/Rock)
Hariyama (Fighting)
Sceptile (Grass)
Heracross (Bug/Fighting)
Feraligatr (Water)
Jigglypuff (Fairy)
Meowth (Normal)
Alakazam (Pyshcic)
Hitmonlee (Fighting)
Hitmonchan (Fighting)
Scizor (Bug/Steel)
Mewtwo (Psychic)

I kind of typed Pokemon I wanted but then did it in generation reverse.

However, of that massive list, I would like to see the most:

Garchomp, Alakazam, Gengar, Toxicroack, Hawlucha, Pyroar, Galvantula. Scolipede, and Rotom as they would be very interesting additions to the roster.
I'd prefer Scyther to Scizor personally.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
I'd call bull**** if both Scyther and Scizor don't get in.

Half of the fun in Pokken is trying to guess which of the... I dunno, 800? I lost count after DP. Anyway, guessing which pokémons are going to get in, since people can feasibly think about movesets for most pokémons.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I'd call bull**** if both Scyther and Scizor don't get in.

Half of the fun in Pokken is trying to guess which of the... I dunno, 800? I lost count after DP. Anyway, guessing which pokémons are going to get in, since people can feasibly think about movesets for most pokémons.
There are 721 Pokemon.

Apple Pie

Smash Rookie
NNID
pkmnabcd
3DS FC
2852-8305-3350
I can't wait! I hope it comes to wii u!

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
Crossing my fingers for Jolteon being playable.
Me too. Despite the fact that it will be hard to juggle all the characters I'll be playing. I already plan on playing everyone currently released except for Machamp. It's going to be fun just going around counter-picking everyone in tournaments.

Fig Newton

Smash Cadet
NNID
Figglypuff
I really liked the additions of Pikachu, Gardevoir, and Suicune being playable for Pokkén Tournament. They allow to have more variety than just having Fighting-Type or Humanoid Pokémon to be only playable as I first imagined. And speaking of the Pokémon, I really like their color palettes if both players were to choose the same Pokémon as their fighter.

Obviously I expect for Blaziken to be officially confirmed to be as a playable character for Pokkén Tournament as he was teased alongside Lucario during the teaser screenshot and brief clip trailer. Personally I would like to see Hawlucha as a playable Pokémon since it makes sense for it be part of the game as a fighter due to its background, but only time will tell.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Me too. Despite the fact that it will be hard to juggle all the characters I'll be playing. I already plan on playing everyone currently released except for Machamp. It's going to be fun just going around counter-picking everyone in tournaments.
There are no high low mix ups, so that's why Pikachu is able to be juggled the same as say, Lucario.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
There are no high low mix ups, so that's why Pikachu is able to be juggled the same as say, Lucario.
You seem to have misunderstood my post. I wasn't talking about juggling as in comboing, I was talking about juggling as in maintaining a high level of play with all the characters I'll be using.

Also, I'm not sure, but wasn't high-low mixups possible in the close range mode?

Marthmario

Smash Lord
You seem to have misunderstood my post. I wasn't talking about juggling as in comboing, I was talking about juggling as in maintaining a high level of play with all the characters I'll be using.

Also, I'm not sure, but wasn't high-low mixups possible in the close range mode?
About the mixups... No. If there were high low mixups, characters like Pikachu would be similar to Yoda in Soul Calibur.

D

Deleted member 278362

[ removed ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom