• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pokemon yellow rmt

Holyknight_127

Smash Rookie
This is my team:

Gyarados:
Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam
Body Slam
Thunderbolt

Dragonite:
Thunder Wave
Body Slam
Hyper Beam
Blizzard

Mewtwo: Is a mewtwo tank a good idea?
Amnesia
Barrier
Psychic
Recover

Mew: Sweeper
Earthquake
Blizzard
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Alakazam:
Psychic
Reflect
Recover
Psybeam - What should I replace psybeam with?

Snorlax - Would a reflect, amnesia, rest, toxic be bad?
Body Slam
Hyper Beam
Earthquake
Self-Destruct

Is confuse ray banned in tournaments? Wouldn't a defensive snorlax be better?
Thanks alot. I appreciate your advice.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
For Gyara, I would replace Hyper Beam with Fire Blast or Ice Beam. Unless you were planning on using Hyper Beam as a finisher. If I remember correctly, Hyper Beam doesn't have to recharge if you KO the opponent. If I'm wrong, and you do need to recharge even when the opponent is KO'ed, you should replace it. You should probably go test that right now.

Dragonite's movepool is bad in this gen because he can't really put his high attack to good use. Thunderwave/Body Slam seems repetitive, but if you replaced thunderwave, you're only other options would be a special attack like Thunderbolt/Fire Blast. I guess it's up to you whether or not to keep TWave. That whole "whether or not hyper beam needs recharging" applies to this guy too.

In this Gen, yes Mewtwo as a tank is an ok idea. Barrier blocks all the physical attacks, Amnesia boosts it's special attack and special defense, psychic gets STAB and is resisted by next to nothing in this gen, and recover heals you. This set looks like it could work awesome.

You might want to consider Softboiled on Mew over Blizzard. Psychic,EQ, and Tbolt should be able to take care of everything, so it would be nice to have a recovery move.

I would use Seismic Toss or Mimic in the last slot. Seismic Toss would be good to use against other psychics and with Mimic you might get lucky and get something awesome.

I personally like that Reflect/Amnesia/Rest/ Toxic moveset for Snorlax. It could pretty much stall anything to death.

I believe Confuse Ray is tournament legal, although I'm not 100% sure about R/B/Y rules.

Hopefully I helped you out and it's cool to see that people still play the old games. Also, thanks for reminding me about how broken the old gens are. I don't think anyone can complain about D/P compared to the first gen.

ss118

Smash Master
Seismic Toss would be a good move over Psybeam. It helps to wear down Chansey(surprisingly), Starmie, and opposing Alakazam.

Top Bottom