• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer's (kinda) Chain Grabs?

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Don't know if this works well, did it on my brother, but than again, he was very tired... i was squirtle and started out with a hydrograb, F-throw, and then i quickly did another grab, and started to chain it around 40-50% now to me, it looks like a chain grab, you can barley move within the time you are in the air, and if you DI away, squirtle can catch up.

Next Charizard. What about Charizard's B-throw over and over? the same thing as above happened and if you do DI, Charizard's SPeed and Long Neck will catch up.

Now i actually want to know if they are chain grabs, if so, they will be very,very helpful

Onxy

Smash Lord
I'll look into it, and look at my post, as it also relates to this.

Job

Smash Cadet
Yea when my opponent doesn't di, at low %, you can get Squirtle's fthrow like 3 times until the edge. Charizard's fthrow too I think. But at low % for obvious reasons, the knockback distance.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Squirtle has a genuine Chain Grab!!!! :lick:

*Angels Singing*

This really works best when Squirtle is fatigued (tired). You can Chain F-Throw most characters up to around 50%.
Capt. Falcon gets Chain Grabbed whether Squirtle's tired or not. :bee:

T-Link

Smash Apprentice
I find that when Ivysaur tends to b-throw, people always do a second jump, which doesn't help chain grabbing at all.

Top Bottom