• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer...where is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabassu

Smash Rookie
I imagine that he is one of the more complex characters in terms of creating animations for him. There are many questions about PT that I would like to know, such as if he is in the background all the time. If so, how does that work on moving stages, or when his pokemon jump to a different platform? Does he follow them and jump with them? My guess is that they are not finished solving these problems, so they do not show many pictures yet.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
I imagine that he is one of the more complex characters in terms of creating animations for him. There are many questions about PT that I would like to know, such as if he is in the background all the time. If so, how does that work on moving stages, or when his pokemon jump to a different platform? Does he follow them and jump with them? My guess is that they are not finished solving these problems, so they do not show many pictures yet.
QTF:psycho:

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Character discussion
Stick up your ***.

Anyways, I agree. I wonder if they're having some difficulty rendering him in the background with so many moving stages. I wonder if he'll ride a flying Pokemon or something to circumvent this.

Zek

Smash Ace
Maybe they'll just ditch the trainer and call the character Squirtle Squad, like we all know it should be.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
From the lack of pictures, it's clear that he's been deleted.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
With the exception of the Diddy Kong character update, the Gliding update and the screenshots update, Pokemon Trainer and the Pokemon haven't appeared in any updates that don't involve Pokemon Trainer himself.

We barely saw him/them in the third trailer.

Sakurai is hiding something!

Frogla

Smash Ace
With the exception of the Diddy Kong character update, the Gliding update and the screenshots update, Pokemon Trainer and the Pokemon haven't appeared in any updates that don't involve Pokemon Trainer himself.

We barely saw him/them in the third trailer.

Sakurai is hiding something!
yes sakuria is hiding something, those pokemon nudey magizines under his bed. But other than that Pokemon Trainer has nothing worth hiding. Unless he doesnt want us to see the status bar.

vonfinell

Smash Apprentice
Maybe PT will follow your Pokemon as they run around, so he'll basically move with you in the background, and maybe wait by the ledge if you get knocked off. That would solve the scrolling problem.
Just a thought. Other than that, I'd never really thought about the scrolling stage issue.

Kadian

Smash Apprentice
All the PT really needs to do is imitate a bad Nana. He can just follow the Pokemons around the stage on each platform and such, but just stand slightly in the background so as to not be "fighting" (and not leap off cliffs). That's how I'd move the trainer anyway.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he's hidden; hidden characters (Sonic and Snake) have no pictures beside thier own updates. PT still has some, albeit only a small amount.

I think PT has its own shroud of mystery, much like Kirby and Zelda and even Lucas so far. There are a lot of questions and Sakurai deems it better to just not answer them until the game releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom