• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pokemon trainer rule

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Pokemon Trainer is LITERALLY a pokemon trainer. Like in the games, you have your pokemon team, you face opponents and like in the game you cope to different strategies/opponents. If this is just a switch-out issue, I could care less my timing for switch-out is mediocre. Just like in the game, you switch out you are open for an attack by your opponent. So from perspective, PKT is quite accurate with how he is designed. (PK stamina, switch-out, PKT's placement on the battlefield, etc)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The SBR has said they plan (at this stage) to rank PT at one character due to the fact you're forced to switch between stocks, plus Stamina.

ctrlaltdestroy

Smash Cadet
kitamerby pretty much hit it right on the dot as im concerned.

and bomber7, thats exactly right
i know pokemon is a completely different game from brawl
but, on pokemon, you create a team that balances each other.
if your battling your friend, you have out a charizard, and he brings out a squirtle of similar level
it would be pretty foolish to keep charizard out, with his obvious weeknesses, rather, switch to a different pokemon that could handle his squirtle better.

the same rule applies
except with fighting styles
you run into a fox that likes to get up and close, you pull out ivysuar and keep him distanced.
a bowser would easily outdistance an ivy with his flames, but would a squirtle's maunverability prove more effective?

nobody is telling anybody how they play, if using bullet seed over and over is your thing, then ok, go on
but for competitive play, its more of guidelines
the fatigue doesnt seem that much sometimes, but it puts you at more of a disadvantage.
and in a tournament you need to avoid putting yourself at a disadvantage, its just pointless to compete, and then hinder yourself.

its like, i think edgehogging is cheap, and dishonerable, so if im just playing casualy, i probebly wont do it. but if its a tournament and thats what i have to do to win, im gonna do it.
so in casual play, spam your bullet seed 3 minutes into fatigue, more power to you
but if you want to compete, you do what you have to, which is to use all three, and use them well

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
The SBR has said they plan (at this stage) to rank PT at one character due to the fact you're forced to switch between stocks, plus Stamina.
Thank you Mic. Can we now end this stupidity of having different tier spots? Just learn to be good enough with each pokemon so you can get the chance to switch to the pokemon you are most comfortable with.

Top Bottom