• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer Has Something Up His Sleeve

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
You don't look into the southwest threads very much do you? im done with this conversation as it has gotten off topic. you can pm me about it if you wonder why i said that.

back on topic: anybody tried to see if anybody can either:
1. get out while sliding
or
2. see if you can force yourself off the edge and jump off (if anybody knows what im talking about).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You don't look into the southwest threads very much do you? im done with this conversation as it has gotten off topic. you can pm me about it if you wonder why i said that.

back on topic: anybody tried to see if anybody can either:
1. get out while sliding
or
2. see if you can force yourself off the edge and jump off (if anybody knows what im talking about).
Theoretically, you can get out before you slide to the edge, but you have to be really, really fast with your button-pressing, and you have to be at a low percentage.

Squirtle's pummel doesn't allow for time in-between, so you're pretty much forced to drop down if he keeps pummeling.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
it's not like hydrograbs are particularly difficult to land. even if squirtle doesn't get all the way to the edge, he still has a guaranteed jab out of it, putting you in a bad position.

i don't know if falco can camp platforms very well against squirtle due to his aerial mobility.

anyway falco shouldn't die to the footstool itself but you can get edgeguarded easily from this setup.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
unless im doing it wrong, if falco stands in the middle area of smashville, he gets near the ledge but just gets a guarenteed jab attack and falco would fall off. same with battle field.

There maybe diff degrees of it? cause sometimes when i do it, falco does get grab released off.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
that's probably variations in your timing, typ.
how many different variations of it are there? so far i have found these variations of the hydrograb: pivot, regular, one to the very edge, and one pretty close to it.

any other ones i should know about?

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
hm, ill worry about such things when i get there than. maybe ill get at least one stocked by the surprise.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Bumping the thread to let everyone know that if you don't try to mash out, you'll fall off the edge normally and Squirtle is left standing on the stage thinking about the footstool that could have been.

Squirtle will get an extra few pummels in, though. Up to you whether or not you want to take the risk.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Bumping the thread to let everyone know that if you don't try to mash out, you'll fall off the edge normally and Squirtle is left standing on the stage thinking about the footstool that could have been.

Squirtle will get an extra few pummels in, though. Up to you whether or not you want to take the risk.
I forgot about this thread.

Yeah, this is the case.

Still, it's not the greatest situation to be in either way, so don't get grabbed to the edge, heh.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Let's all thank Reflex for being amazing and sharing information with the class.

Thank you, Reflex.
Psychology dictates that it'll still happen when a person is severely pressure, so DON'T EFFING PANIC against Squirtle. :bee:

Hence

Smash Ace
Guys, if you're ground released near the edge of the stage by ZSS, you're dead. You slide off and have to use your firebird - easy edgehog.

Top Bottom