• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Tournament on Long Island, NY

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm actually kind impressed by how well written your rul

Hold Item Clause
Banned Items (NOT ALLOWED)
- Damp Rock
- Heat Rock
- Icy Rock
- Smooth Rock
Restricted Items (Allowed to only have 1 on your team)
- Leftovers
- Shell Bell
Nevermind

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you're going to have this thread up about the tournament, you should include information about it in the OP. Otherwise its sole purpose is to link to another place in which to discuss the tournament, it falls under advertising, and I'll have to lock the thread.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
If you're going to have this thread up about the tournament, you should include information about it in the OP. Otherwise its sole purpose is to link to another place in which to discuss the tournament, it falls under advertising, and I'll have to lock the thread.
I only put the link up as an easy access to the rules. I will put the information needed up today.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Here is the full detail for this tournament. PLEASE DISCUSS HERE!!

Registration STARTS @ 12PM
Registration ENDS @ 2PM
First Event Starts @ 2:15PM

Rules for all Events:

All Pokémon Trainers will pay a $5 venue fee. Each event will cost $5 to enter. Prize support depends on the outcome for EACH event. Each pool will be divided to the top trainers! (The exact prize support breakdown will be determined the day of the event.)

All Pokémon Trainers are to bring in their own Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance/DS/DSlite/DSi/3DS with extra batteries and/or their own charger. If any Trainers have Link Cables for the older games, please bring them in!

All Trainers will fill out a Registration form for each of their teams that they will be entering. Full detail of each Pokémon such as Species, Nickname, Nature, Ability, OT Name, their ID No., Move Set with PP, Item Held by Pokémon, and each individual stat. Forms will be handed out day of the Tournament after the venue fee has been paid for. REGISTRATION ENDS PROMPTLY AT 2:00PM. The first event will start at 2:15PM.

Rude behavior, foul language, and any other misconduct will NOT be permitted!! If you are told multiple times that your behavior is unacceptable by the Tournament Organizer (T.O.) or by his referees, you will be disqualified from ALL EVENTS you have registered for with no refund!

The top Trainers will have the privilege to be put on the feature TVs in our Player’s Club! We will have Nintendo 64s, Gamecubes, and Wiis reserved for our top trainers to battle it out for the crowd!

Events

Red/Blue/Yellow:
Level 100 Battle, Team of 6 ($5 Entry)

Gold/Silver/Crystal:

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen:

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver:
Level 50 Battle, Team of 6 ($5 Entry)

Black/White:
Level 50 Battle, Team of 6 ($5 Entry)

Round set up
Each round will be best 2 out of 3 matches, except for finals which will be best 3 out of 5. At the start of the Round, each Trainer will be allowed to set up their team in any order. After each Match, the loser of the match first decides whether or not they want to change their team order (you do not have to change your team order if you do not want to.) After the loser of the match decides, then the winner of the match decides if they want to change their team order. (Again, you do not have to change your order unless you want to.)

Each tournament will be either Single or Double Elimination depending on the outcome of Trainers to the event. Elimination depends on Round loses, NOT match loses.

Disconnection Clause
If any Trainer intentionally forces a disconnection during their match up, they will automatically lose that round in full!

Sleep Clause
You cannot use sleep inducing moves on your opponent’s Pokémon when there’s another Pokémon on your opponent’s team that you have already put to sleep.
Yawn can’t be used to PseudoHaze (make your opponent switch) if you have put another of your opponent’s Pokémon asleep. After the sleeping Pokémon awakens or faints, you are free to use a sleep inducing move. Sleeping caused by Effect Spore or Rest are disregarded from this clause.

Species Clause
YOU CANNOT USE TWO (2) OF THE SAME POKEMON ON YOUR TEAM!
All 6 of your Pokémon have to be different.

Evasion Clause
You cannot use moves or abilities that increases your evasion. Avoid the use of Acupressure, it has 1/7 chance to double your evasion. (Acupressure is from Black/White)

OHKO Clause
NO ONE HIT KNOCK OUT MOVES WILL BE ALLOWED!!!
- Guillotine
- Horn Drill
- Fissure
- Sheer Cold

Game Hacking
You are only allowed to Hack your Pokémon game in effort to obtain hard to receive items such as TMs and Hold Items. HOWEVER, you are prohibited to:
- Hack parents to breed
- Hack Pokémon to enhance their stats or their abilities
- Generate Pokémon from PokéSav
***ALL TEAMS WILL BE INSPECTED AT ANY GIVEN POINT BY THE TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER (T.O.) AND/OR HIS REFEREES. TEAMS ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO MULTIPLE INSPECTIONS AT THE T.O./REFEREE’S DISCRETION.***

Mean Look + Perish Song
This moveset combination is Restricted. You are only allowed to have Mean Look and Perish Song on one (1) Pokémon. Both moves have to be on the same Pokémon.

NO UBERS
UBER Pokémon are Overpowered Pokémon! Below are the Uber Pokémon from each Generation:

RED/BLUE/YELLOW
- Mew
- Mewtwo

GOLD/SILVER/CRYSAL
- Celebi
- Ho-Oh
- Lugia
- Mew
- Mewtwo

RUBY/SAPPHIRE/EMERALD/FireRed/LeafGreen
- Deoxys
- Deoxys-A
- Deoxys-D
- Deoxys-S
- Groudon
- Ho-Oh
- Kyogre
- Latias
- Latios
- Lugia
- Mew
- Mewtwo
- Rayquaza
- Wobbuffet
- Wynaut

DIAMOND/PEARL/PLATINUM/HeartGold/SoulSilver
- Arceus – Bug
- Arceus - Dark
- Arceus - Dragon
- Arceus - Electric
- Arceus - Fighting
- Arceus - Fire
- Arceus - Flying
- Arceus - Ghost
- Arceus - Grass
- Arceus - Ground
- Arceus - Ice
- Arceus - Normal
- Arceus - Poison
- Arceus - Psychic
- Arceus - Rock
- Arceus - Steel
- Arceus - Water
- Darkrai
- Deoxys
- Deoxys-A
- Deoxys-D
- Deoxys-S
- Dialga
- Garchomp
- Giratina
- Giratina-O
- Groudon
- Ho-Oh
- Kyogre
- Latias
- Latios
- Lugia
- Manaphy
- Mew
- Mewtwo
- Palkia
- Rayquaza
- Salamence
- Shaymin-S
- Wobbuffet
- Wynaut

BLACK/WHITE
- Arceus – Bug
- Arceus - Dark
- Arceus - Dragon
- Arceus - Electric
- Arceus - Fighting
- Arceus - Fire
- Arceus - Flying
- Arceus - Ghost
- Arceus - Grass
- Arceus - Ground
- Arceus - Ice
- Arceus - Normal
- Arceus - Poison
- Arceus - Psychic
- Arceus - Rock
- Arceus - Steel
- Arceus - Water
- Blaziken (with Speed Boost)
- Darkrai
- Deoxys
- Deoxys-A
- Deoxys-S
- Dialga
- Excadrill
- Garchomp
- Giratina
- Giratina-O
- Groudon
- Ho-Oh
- Kyogre
- Lugia
- Manaphy
- Mewtwo
- Palkia
- Rayquaza
- Reshiram
- Shaymin-S
- Thundurus
- Zekrom

More In Depth Rules:
Hold Item Clause
Banned Items (NOT ALLOWED)
- Damp Rock
- Heat Rock
- Icy Rock
- Smooth Rock
Restricted Items (Allowed to only have 1 on your team)
- Leftovers
- Shell Bell

Moody Clause
A team cannot have a Pokémon with the ability Moody (Black/White)

Drizzle + Swift Swim
Using both a Pokémon with Drizzle and a Pokémon with Swift Swim on the same team is NOT ALLOWED! (Black/White)

**********************DISCLAIMER***************************
All rules for our Pokémon Event were determined with the use of Smogon.com. If there are any questions about and/or suggestions to change the ruleset, please speak to our Pokémon Master theDuL0R.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Absolutely not lol

The rules that he highlighted are absolutely scrubby and terrible rules lol.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Absolutely not lol

The rules that he highlighted are absolutely scrubby and terrible rules lol.
I don't see how it is scrubby/terrible. I made this tournament as more of tournament for fun. Being that its every generation of Pokemon, I made this tournament for everyone. If you would like to clarify why these are "scrubby/terrible" I'll be more then willing to listen. This is my first Pokemon tournament that I am hosting. And I had issues in looking up a specific set of rules for Pokemon tournaments.

So yeah, think what you will. But I would like a more positive feedback on the matter. Thanks

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
1. "All rules for our Pokémon Event were determined with the use of Smogon.com". That did not happen. You failed to ban Brightpowder and Lax Incense, and you did not specify the illegal useage of unobtainable items such as Soul Dew and various berries, while banning six items that have never been considered banworthy, with the exception of Damp Rock for about a month or so two years ago in a tier like two people still play. You clearly said you followed a set of rules, and then completely alter them in one area without explicitly saying so or giving a reason for the changes. There is no "positive feedback" required here. You should just follow the rules that your post said you would. If you want to make ridiculous changes, just say so and give out some "reasoning". I feel disappointed, betrayed, disheartened. It's not every day that I see a real-life tournament that advertises Smogon rules, you know. But when I do see one and then see the rules marred by banning Icy Rock... that's just depressing.

2. You justify the absurd rules after the fact by saying it's just "for fun". But how does banning items make a tournament more fun? If anything, stiffling creativity is the exact opposite of fun.

3. There is no discernible reason to ban Leftovers. Doing so limits the amount of possibilities the player can pursue, which does not a "tournament for fun" make.

4. There is even less of a discernible reason to ban Shell Bell. Hell, there's probably not even an undiscernible reason to ban it. Banning Shell Bell is like banning the use of Poison Jab on Choice Specs Machamp. The only people who care about it are the ones who play "for fun", and I'm sure that won't make them happy. Not like they'd win the tournament, anyway, but that's another story.

5. Heat Rock banned, seriously? Drought Ninetales sees relatively little play in BW OU tier, EVEN THOUGH IT'S LIKE FIFTY POKEMON WITH HEAT ROCK COMBINED INTO ONE POKEMON. In what universe does it make sense to ban an item that must be used on two or three Pokemon and is strictly fifty times worse than a Pokemon that is only the 29th most-used Pokemon in OU?

6. Mother of god, Drizzle isn't even completely banned, and you ban Damp Rock? Aldaron's Proposal was not a unanimous decision, and Drizzle itself isn't even close to getting banned. Sure, maybe if you specified a certain tier and a certain generation, you could make a case (however weak) for banning Damp Rock. This aside, the best Swift Swim users aren't even that good. Kingdra is hard countered by the most-used wall in the entire game. In fact, I can't think of many Rain Dance sweepers who aren't completely shut down Ferrothorn or even Tyranitar. Poliwrath, maybe, but without a good STAB Fighting move, it'll just be hurting itself on Iron Barbs and taking Sandstorm damage. You 2HKO specially defensive Ferrothorn, but physically defensive ones will take 3 Brick Breaks.

7. Do you even know what Icy and Smooth Rock do? Banning Icy Rock and Smooth Rock is like banning people from bringing only five Pokemon in their party. Who in their right mind would do that? "Icy Rock Abomasnow" is a near-meme for a reason, you know.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I did say this was my first Pokemon tournament, lol. And I did search Smogon up and down for an official ruleset, and did not find one. I found rules here and there on Serebii and Smogon, but no official tournament ruleset. If you guys just wanna sit there and bash a tournament, I can care less. But in actuality I want to make this tournament as legit as possible. And I did make this for fun, hence why its a tournament for every Pokemon game. Maybe I worded things incorrectly because of the generalization of the rules. I am not a competitive Pokemon Player, but I'm willing to learn. But if everyone is just gunna act like Trolls, I could really care less.

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Did you even read what Wave posted lol? He is not sitting there and bashing the tournament, but he's actually giving legit issues with the rules which should be changed. He might have used a ton of sarcasm, but the point is, limiting Leftovers / Shell Bell and outright banning Damp Rock, Heat Rock, Icy Rock, and Smooth Rock is just ridiculous because all of those bar Leftovers are terrible items most of the time, and Leftovers are a crucial item for most Pokemon for a good reason, which makes it stupid to limit it to only one mon per team. Instead of assuming that everyone who uses sarcasm is trolling, how about you actually take the criticism and do something about it?

Also, I think the perish trapping rule is unnecessary for gens other than gen 2 since perish trapping isn't even that good nowadays, and even in gsc it's really just perish song + mean look + sleep move which is banned (iirc). At the very least, only restrict it for gen 2 since it's really just limiting people unnecessarily for other generations.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Alright, I did say this was my first Pokemon tournament, lol. And I did search Smogon up and down for an official ruleset, and did not find one
Then you might not want to say that you are using the smogon ruleset.

Top Bottom