• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Generation 2 Post

generalgrievous

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm new to this forum, but I've had super smash bros. since it came out. I got a Wii for Christmas, and immediately got melee. It's been really fun and really improved on the first installment. I feel a little left out because there is all this new stuff like wavedashing that I'm kind of struggling to grasp, but that is beside the point.
Melee's character roster was great. I don't play Pokemon anymore but I played Red through Crystal. In my opinion Pichu will be canned. I'm sorry, but I can't see Pichu with a moveset different other than Pikachu's, because I'm pretty sure it can't be done.

This is to discuss, either ways to revamp Pichu and prove me wrong, or come up with a great pokemon to represent the second generation.

I would like to bring up Feraligatr. No this isn't the most popular of the second generation. However, I'm thinking this would be the best fit. We already have Pikachu with electricity, I can't think of any suitable grass type pokemon, and there are already lots of fire attacks that would put typhlosion out of the question. Also, Feraligatr is bipedal, so that also helps. How does Feraligatr replacing Pichu sound?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yo.

Feraligatr sounds... very mediocre. He doesn't really stand out. Discussing Pokemon reps is pretty hard since there's so many, and nobody is really sure what DOES get a Pokemon in. But I can pretty surely say that types are not something they take into consideration.
Pichu will almost definitely be cut indeed, I hear they want to get rid of clone characters, and Pichu was only added because they ran out of time and needed some clones.

The way I see it, the second generation won't be repped at all... not many second generation Pokemon really stood out ( except for the likes of Lugia, who just doesn't work ), it's kinda outdated, and it already has a representative in Pichu. The few spots in Brawl will probably go to the first generation ( Pikachu at least, probably Jiggly and Mewtwo ) and then maybe a fourth generation and possibly third generation one. Which is already quite a lot...

PS: Furret ftw!

generalgrievous

Smash Rookie
I see your points, but I think brawl won't be as last minute as melee on account of the fact that its been in production so long. I agree with your statement that were no standouts, but I'm pretty sure It'll be represented in some way.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, there are plenty of second generation Pokemon in Pokeballs... Luigi, Ho-oh, Unowns, Togepi, and so on. Most of the famous 2nd gens that don't really work as characters.
I think Pichu sufficed as a rep in Melee. He kind of makes sense for *that*, since Pikachu is the definitive first generation representative, and Pichu is both a different generation in another sense and kind of as if they said "lookit this, the second generation introduced baby Pokemon, how revolutionary" or something.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
well, if they ARE indeed doing this whole "generation rep" thing, I'm not sure if they are, but they might, I imagine it will be like:
1st gen: pikachu, jiggly, most likely mewtwo(although there is a chance he might get cut from the roster, in favor of newer pokemon)
2nd gen: ????
3rd gen: deoxys
4th gen: lucario

I guess if the second gen DOES get repped, it will be a surprising, random, pokemon, like feraligatr or .......sudowoodo!

Top Bottom