• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Fan Art

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Wow, Theres some seriosuly talented artists on this thread.

^ Nidoking above looks epic. There are some mystical shading techniques included in here that I don't understand. Either way you've got me impressed :p

:006: <-- [normally a page break, but it's gone for now. Just pretend theres a charizard tehre :p]

Also, since I promised to eventually share some of my own stuff a long time ago. I guess I'll share one of the first things I drew. Since I'm trying to pick up drawing again.

Sorry if it's kinda big. It came from a tiny phone screen so I don't really understand lol.

If any of you guys have any tips on shading (or anything really) plz share. I'd help a lot :)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Dang, Charmander, that Nidoking looks amazing!

Xiroey, I suck at shading (and drawing in general, for that matter) so I can't really give you any tips, but even unshaded, that Charizard looks great! Reminds me a bit of Dragonite too, though I can't figure out what it is in there that does that.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
With shading, generally, you go darkest first, then work up :3
Also, I spend like 209138012983109x more effort on "lineart", well, not really lineart c:
Maybe I'll post more here, I couldnt find the Fan art page till the update XD
Edit: It's the nose that makes it look like dragonite, it's too blunt, try making it narrower c:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found this interesting thing while searching for Metroid pictures

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Me and Evil-Guy started a collab months ago, but we both got too lazy to finish it. It still looks pretty nice though :D

The original concept was the dive scenes in R/S/E, all the seaweed and mountains and fish pokemon :3
Can you make the top one (with the guy) not have the guy (take out the guy) and it'd be perfect!

JOE!

Smash Hero
Crappy cell pic, but whatever

Canidon

"Ice Fang Pokemon"

Rock/Ice

80 / 117 / 73 / 49 / 75 / 101

A 1) Tapered edge: Physical moves that tear at the opponent, like fang or claw attacks, have a bonus 15% chance to lower the target's defense.
A 2) Sheer Force
Hidden) Final Rush: When at critical HP, all moves have +1 priority.

Theme: Based on the Smilodon, this fossil Pokemon is reanimated using a DNA sample found frozen in a block of ice.

Will color it / touch it up at some point (gonna start drawing my fakemon again) but for now: what do you think of the look?

EDIT:

???

poison type

???

Poison type

traits of both: high defense and attack, low spdef and attack, low speed, high HP.

Based on radioactive material / mutants, as well as the shape of Mushroom Clouds.

(Made quickly in a chatroom doodle)

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Oh, I guess that makes sense. I made his nose blunt like that intentionally tbh~

I thought it'd he'd look cute that way:p

:006:

Oh man, have I been shading wrong... That would probably explain it x_x

Thanks, I appreciate the tips!

Jet300

Smash Ace
Wow, Theres some seriosuly talented artists on this thread.

^ Nidoking above looks epic. There are some mystical shading techniques included in here that I don't understand. Either way you've got me impressed :p

:006: <-- [normally a page break, but it's gone for now. Just pretend theres a charizard tehre :p]

Also, since I promised to eventually share some of my own stuff a long time ago. I guess I'll share one of the first things I drew. Since I'm trying to pick up drawing again.

Sorry if it's kinda big. It came from a tiny phone screen so I don't really understand lol.

If any of you guys have any tips on shading (or anything really) plz share. I'd help a lot :)
Nice art work, Xiroey!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
While your artwork is completely relevant to the topic and everything, linking us to a site where your designs are displayed in the form of a T-shirt sale is leaning toward advertising. If you'd like to share them, it'd be better to post them individually or link to them on a different page.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Moved this to this thread since this is the appropriate place for it.

Just FYI, the Poke Center doesn't have a specific social thread anymore, it was removed when there was a forum-wide removal of social threads outside of regional forums. We've got the General Pokemon Discussion thread for something close to a social thread if it doesn't fit elsewhere, though.

(Oh, and...those make me feel bad, too. I keep telling myself I'm going to go back to Animal Crossing and I'm just too caught up in Pokemon...)

Top Bottom