• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Evolution..

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I realize that there have been many threads on the introduction of new individual characters, but what if [much like Shiek/Zelda] pokemon would be able to "evolve", but then would not be able to "devolve". Pichu could evolve into Picachu, and Picachu could evolve into Richu, but it would not be able to be done in reverse. Perhaps an altering moveset from shift-->shift.

ie- DownB would cause Pichu to turn into Pikachu.. Pikachu would be strong, slower, different attacks ect.. but if DownB was pressed whilst Pikachu would turn into Richu.. Richu would not be able to further evolve, but would instead have a thunder atk. Comments.. Questions.. Concerns..

Discuss.

Good Day Sirs.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Maybe have an item or something that could temporarily power up characters, but when a Pokemon player got the item it could evolve them (if they have an evolution or whatever). It would be a better idea than adding more Pokemon to the roster...who knows.

darkshy

Smash Ace
I like tha idea. It has come across my mind a few times as well. How about when you dide you would have to evolve all over again or something.

link00678

Smash Rookie
I dont like the item idea then all pokemonwho made it would be able to use it to evolve.
Say machop made it. fine and cool if he evolves into a machoke then I would personally stop there.
If machoke got the item to evolve he would turn into the four-armed beast, machamp.
Thinking about it gives me nightmares.

I think certain pokemon could evolve but the item idea lets em all evolve. I think it should be nintedos choice to decide who evolves and who douesnt. now I will hide behind a computer desk from all the pokemon people who would like to killme.

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I actually like the idea of keeping the pokemon clones and just altering the characters a bit.

For example Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu would all be available in the game. They'd play similiarly to Pikachu because to me it's logical for the characters to be clones of the original, but they would be Luigified. Their playing style would be a bit different too. For example, Raichu would be stronger and slower then Pikachu, while still having a few unique moves. They could do the same with Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, and Wigglytuff. It's a relatively easy way to add to the roster, and it makes sense.

The only problem with this is how accepting people are of clone characters.

Another Pokemon evolution idea I had involved Eevee. I think it would be cool if Eevee appeared in the game (a simple character like a goomba or re-dead who wouldn't take up character space), and if beaten up a certain amount of times it evolves into a Fighting type Eevee that would challenge your character and then be unlockable. It'd make it's first official appearence in SSBB, and could be traded back into future pokemon games.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
I have to say no to the idea, I think that the idea just makes it so that other characters can't do so and gives the poke'mon an advantage, the item idea doesn't work out either because they already have an item that makes you bigger and stronger, the Mushroom! Maybe the mushroom could evolve a poke'mon maybe? I don't think this whole thing happens.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
exactly, but if everyone could do that, sheik/zelda wouldn't be likely too be in brawl anymore and it would make me Mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad, just really mad :/ but still it would be cool, and if they make zelda better,(if she is still in wich she better be) and if she is better then she would be reallly hard to beat, wich would make her much more awsome than she is now :)

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
No. If you take into consideration the fact that we're talking about Pokemon evolution, then each evolution would be better than the last in every single way; there'd be no point in not evolving to the final form as soon as the battle starts.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Evolving wouldn't nessesarily make your "more powerful".. it would mearly change your speed/damage/knockback/ect.. picture Falcon "evolving" to Ganon.. who would do that... who wouldn't do that..

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
I would think instead of using a down B move to evolve the pokemon in question... throughout the match as the pokemon racks up kills / damage percentage on either himself or the opponent it would act as leveling up and eventually throughout the match the pokemon would evolve depending on how good they were battling.

Therefore the last evolution [ raichu ] could act as a kind of handicap for really good players being so slow.

I thought of that junk when melee came out the firts time.. but now that i come to think of it... i believe pokemon shouldnt be able to evolve purely on the notion most people pick the pokemon to battle with because they like THAT pokemon... they wouldnt want to evolve it / have to evolve it to get it to where they want.

We can see that your a general pokemon enthusiast Chuck Noris but.. other people just like.. pikachu on his own, k? Oh and i dont think theyre going to let zelda have the ability to transform in the next installment of smash bros. so why would they any other character?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There are two solutions to Pikachu’s mediocre performance in melee.

1. Find a happy medium between the original Smash Pikachu and the watered down Melee Pikachu.
2. Work in an evolution mechanic. Pikachu starts at Pichu. Pichu is faster, but weaker in all other stats and hurts itself. Once it goes over a percentage it evolves into Pikachu. Pikachu is slightly slower with more lag after attacks like in previous games, but is better in all other stats. It does not hurt itself. Once Pikachu hits another set percentage it evolves into Raichu. Raichu gains power, weight, and range but is slower with more lag. Thus the character Pikachu could become heavier and more powerful then the other versions, but also can be gypped by an earlier knockout once in Pichu mode. This vibes well with the character’s hit and run strategy. (Pichu and Raichu would be clones of Pikachu)

Top Bottom