• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon comic?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Does anyone remember the idea for a pokemon comic that sort of surfaced and then quickly died?

Well, I'm going to attempt to get it off the ground this time. If any writers are interested please post here or send me a pm. I think I'm going to do this regardless of if anyone helps me but I'd rather have a small team (even if it's only two people) dedicated to this.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I are devoted. Haha, I'd be happy to be the artist for this. That's why I'm kind of eager to start this, the art I'm doing for school is sort of a drain. I figured if I had this on the side it would help to "refresh" me and I could put what I'm learning to use.

finalark

SNORLAX
I am certainly interesting in reviving the project, I'm just hoping we can get it to work this time.

Anyway, if anyone is interested the opening post in thread I linked gives a vary bare-bones version of my idea for the comic.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't think Smashboards is ideal for a place to create or showcase a webcomic, honestly.

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't think Smashboards is ideal for a place to create or showcase a webcomic, honestly.
It probably isn't, but my ties are strong here and it's much easier to convince people to help you work on a web comic when you have 2,813 posts than it is to go to a whole new forum and try to convince people with ten posts.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It's not the community, it's the fact that this is a forum, which makes it pretty meh when it comes to showcasing and archiving comics, navigating between them, stuff like that. And it's a pain to communicate over the forum when instant messaging would be much more convenient.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Hah, maybe I'll actually read this one if you guys manage. :]

If you want any kind of artistic help either, hit me up. I'm willing to lend a hand. ^^ My deviantART is http://pokebreeder123.deviantart.com if you want to see some examples.

I generally avoid reading Pokemon webcomics (except Nuzlocke and Super Effective, that stuff's pro) like the plague. They're mostly cliched, irritating, and all the same, despite what my friend insists. Then again, I dislike a large amount of fanart in general.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
It's not the community, it's the fact that this is a forum, which makes it pretty meh when it comes to showcasing and archiving comics, navigating between them, stuff like that. And it's a pain to communicate over the forum when instant messaging would be much more convenient.
The comic wouldn't be displayed on smashboards. This thread is just for gauging interest and organization. There's no need to communicate through the boards either. Everyone and their mom has AIM.

Hah, maybe I'll actually read this one if you guys manage. :]

If you want any kind of artistic help either, hit me up. I'm willing to lend a hand. ^^ My deviantART is http://pokebreeder123.deviantart.com if you want to see some examples.

I generally avoid reading Pokemon webcomics (except Nuzlocke and Super Effective, that stuff's pro) like the plague. They're mostly cliched, irritating, and all the same, despite what my friend insists. Then again, I dislike a large amount of fanart in general.
I agree, it's why I wouldn't want this story to focus on characters we already know. It's also why I don't want to be the one to create the story. I'm not a very talented writer but I am capable of spotting a bad idea when I see it. That said,I'm not looking to create anything ground breaking either I'm mostly just using this as an excuse to draw stuff.

Life

Smash Hero
Freewebs. (More specifically: I don't see why you can't organize it here, and then use one of those free hosting sites as somewhere to put the whole thing. Or DA.)

(I'd be of no use for this, I just thought I'd chime in.)

Top Bottom