• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Change erasing status conditions

Spirithawk

Smash Apprentice
So, I didn't see this topic anywhere else on the PT boards, so I apologize if it was already mentioned.

I'm not sure if what I saw really worked or not, and I can't test to see if its true, but when I was playing my friend's game, I noticed something interesting. We were playing with items ON, for a change, and I accidentally ran into a poison mushroom as Squirtle. Knowing that he dies at low percentage anyways, I decided to change to the heavy Charizard until the affect wore off. But when Ivysaur came out, it was regular sized, instead of also suffering from the affects of the mushroom.

Since I can't test this out myself, since I don't have the game at the moment, can someone confirm for me whether this actually happened? And if so, how does this apply to other affect items, such as stars or metal boxes, or hold items like hammers and ray guns, or most importantly, the smash ball. Also, when the original pokemon is rotated back in, does it still hold the item?

Or I could just be imagining things, making this thread pointless.

Visani

Smash Rookie
All Status effects are completely removed. Metal, Starman, Giant, Small, etc.
Most Held Items will just Drop. Bomb-omb will Immediately walk in the direction you were facing on switch.
Can't Switch pokemon while holding Crates.
Worn Items (Franklin, Screw Attack) will disappear. Bunny Hood falls off.
Smash Ball is transfered Between Pokemon.

Hammer Items prevent Switching.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
All regular status effects that consume the item, including invincibility, Superspice Curry, and growth, disappear when you switch. Flower poisoning will also be cured. You can't do specials while holding a hammer, so that's moot. Ordinary held items like Super Scopes or Home-Run Bats will just drop at your feet automatically if you switch. Dragoon parts and the Smash Ball aura are preserved. A worn Bunny Hood or fused Sticky Bomb/C4 will fall to the ground (and the explosives will stay armed), but the Screw Attack and Franklin Badge will just be gone.

Oh, and if you grab a Metal Box with Squirtle and rapidly switch through Ivysaur and Charizard back to Squirtle again before the timer would have run out, the metal effect won't still be there.

EDIT: Bah, too slow.

Top Bottom