• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Breeding: Charizard

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Okay sometimes we all need a fresh start, so that's why i'm making this Thread, Pokemon Breeding. This is where we spend one week, Just talking about Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. This is everything that is with them, AT, Combo's, Strategy. EVERYTHING Relating To the Character. However, I want to Separate The Three Pokemon Currently and Just Focus, on the one pokemon.

First Up is Charizard. Right now i'm to tired to give anything, but i will... when i'm not sleepy.... :(

But I would like to say something. Is F-tilt kinda pointless since we have Down Tilt? Down Tilt has More Range, Damage, and Knock Back. Forward Tilt does less damage, less range, less knock back, however has a fire element SS, and you can aim it In Front of you, and Behind you.

Discuss

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
has problems with people who outrange him. otherwise he's usually a pretty solid character. few x4 disadvantages.

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
The stuff Zard can do with his jabs is just too good. He can cover himself instantly on either side, chain into a grab, chain into a dtilt, you name it.

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
Dsmash was originally dismissed as a useless move, but is actually a fierce anti-roll smash with decent range the comes out fast.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Up Smash is Great Against Floaty Characters.

D-tilt Kills at about 100% when SS

bah still tired XP

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
Charizards forward-tilt is not pointless. It actually does have more range than d-tilt, but it's barely noticeable. D-tilt has only slightly more knockback than f-tilt. F-tilt can be angled upwards and downwards, making it an excellent move to edgeguard with while staying safe. (F-tilt has more range than f-smash when using it off the edge!) Lastly, f-tilt angled upwards works wonders when your ooponent is trying to approach via short hop. Try it the next time a Game and Watch tries to back-air you.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Flamethrower and Rock Smash are good at racking up damage.
Grab game is excellent.
Lacks a decent attack to spam (outside of flamethrowering someone who is recovering, that is just plain awesome)

Toby.

Smash Master
F-tilt can be angled upwards and downwards, making it an excellent move to edgeguard with while staying safe <stuff> Lastly, f-tilt angled upwards works wonders when your ooponent is trying to approach via short hop. Try it the next time a Game and Watch tries to back-air you.
QFT

One of the most satisfying things to do with charizard is wait in ftilt SS range when the opponent is on an edge. He can cover a lot of of usual fairs/jumps/whatever from that position quite nicely.

You use dtilt and ftilt for different reasons. Dtilt is a more reliable killer thanks to its superior speed and so forth, but when the opponent is in the air ftilt becomes very nice indeed. Just watch out for ending lag.

Also, grab release games are really, really cool. Grab attack -> 2 Jabs -> Dtilt/Grab is fun.

Grab attack to regrab is pretty cheeky as well. Speaking of cheekiness, it can be fun to use bair father than the usual fair or dair at the end of the bthrow -> fthrow chain. Typically I do that the second time to take advantage of their instinctive airdodge. It doesn't kill them, but it hurts :)

Oh, the possibilities...

So what do you guys like to do with your grab time?

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
Up Smash is Great Against Floaty Characters.

D-tilt Kills at about 100% when SS

bah still tired XP
when SS? What does that mean? It just might be slipping my mind because it is midnight but I cant think of what the hella that is abbreivated for...

Fearmy

Smash Ace
what the? ONYX THATS MY TAUNT WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT IT?!? and the other Tactical Discussion is kinda dead D=

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
You could of course just... post in it?

I'm saying this because we already have some pretty good information in there, and it's kind of weird to have to look between two different threads to get all of the discussions we've ever had about Charizard.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
well we need something to discuss about then. How about general uses for Gliding, Where to use it, when to use it, and that blah blah blah, and why not list some comboez? sorry for trying to help PT out of this dark spot :<

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
Glide can edge grab. (for the few who didnt know) I know that that little piece of info helped my edge game a lot. You can glide way low, and then swoop up to hit and grab the edge. You fly pretty fast too so if they come out after you too hastily you can just go under them and then possibley edge gaurd them.

Top Bottom