• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White Legendaries! DRAGON-TYPE!

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman

I'm liking them so far. They're both part Dragon Type, but Zekrom(The Black one) is said to possibly be electric as well, but that's just a rumor. Zekrom will be on the cover of Pokemon White, and Reshiram will be on the cover of Pokemon Black.

IMO Zekrom is cooler. He looks kinda like the **** yeah guy.

RJsHouse

Smash Apprentice
White one has a big furry ****.
It's tail is the Statue of Liberty's torch.

Reshiram = HI RES RAM

BBQ°

Smash Champion
the black one looks like a black mewtwo with wings.

we need to turn this thread into a racist thread.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
****, as soon as I saw this thread, I was like "I hope nobody said Digimon so I can say inb4Digimon" but... haha

yeah, when they were first revealed, there was a pretty big **** storm but I think people are starting to warm up to them. maybe.

edit : according to serebii, it was leaked that Zekrom is Electric/Dragon. Also kinda supports the theme of technology vs nature I guess, if that's what they are doing.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Zekrom is going on Pokemon Black, Reshiram on White

They both have turbines for *****. I actually like them

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah Yiff is right. They're on opposing games. Just seemed to make sense to me and I read incorrectly

Dragon/Electric just seems like an unproductive typing...not very defensive at all. Dragon/Fire is similar. Oh well, we'll see what happens. So far I'm liking the Pokemon in 5th gen minus the starters

Reshiram looks like he has a turbine for an ***, which is kind of cool

Vts

Smash Champion
good i wanted to play white anyways **** blacks... i mean...

run away :D.

jokes off

they need to add better electric and better poison.

plus more swift swim ppl cus i love that double speed lol

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Dragon/Electric just seems like an unproductive typing...not very defensive at all. Dragon/Fire is similar. Oh well, we'll see what happens. So far I'm liking the Pokemon in 5th gen minus the starters
Umm, they ARE productive. The main counter to Dragons has and will always be Steel Types, or other dragons, with some bulky waters scatterd about. Their type is the perfect remedy to those counters. Even more, I'm interested to see what a Lighting and a Fire type would add to the Uber Metagame. It will make Kyogre and Groudon teams THAT much more powerful, and if it they don't have levitate as an ability, then we would see more earth moves being used.

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
When I saw these legendaries, they didn't really feel like pokemon to me. More like Digimon like a couple others are saying. Not too hyped up about these legendaries or the starters.

I want to walk in those huge cities :)

Rayku

Smash Lord
I meant as a defensive typing, Crashic. Weak to Ground/Dragon/Ice is kind of harsh. I don't give two ****s about the metagame of Pokemon as long as Stealth Rock is still legal

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Stealth Rock isn't as frequently used in Ubers though.
Ground is rather non existent in Ubers play, and Dragon being weak to Dragon is kind of silly since you won't be switching in against Dragon unless you're Palkia and Dalgia, but now its riskier than ever with a Fire Dragon and Lighting Dragon running around.

I do hope that these Pokemon don't have levitate but an original ability. After all, they light and darken the skies with their arrival. Perhaps we'll get some new interesting weather effects, maybe a Night and Day, which would finally separate Moonlight and Synthesis.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I just wish they'd add a new type or two. Light type -needs- to be implicated :( Aura type would have been cool, too...

I always put ground on my guys because Dialga/Metagross end up mowing me over. At least the fire/dragon won't be turbo-scraped by ice

OverLade

Smash Hero
Zekrom looks too much like a digimon.

Reshiram is sorta cool, I'll prolly get black version.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
errr bump? LOTS of new pokemon were revealed today, check Serebii.

The Dragon Legends have been confirmed. White one is Dragon/Fire and Black is Dragon/Electric as predicted. I am happy with that.

I don't really like most of the new pokemon I've seen. Crocodile could be cool depending on it's evolution.
Also, Gamefreak really just made a new Fire Monkey. After Infernape. Really.

D

Deleted member

From the link, it looks like they have added yet another normal/flying generic prick bird pokemon ripoff of Pidgeot...:mad:

An electric ponyta ripoff... A normal looking mouse pikachu ripoff... A piggy bank pokemon...?

Some kind of unique, interesting gear pokemon... which are lame ripoffs of magnemite/magneton

The designs look lame, but I hope the movepools and typing are exciting

+10 originality

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
The abilities they've mentioned sound interesting. Like the crocodile has an ability where his attack stat goes up after he gets a KO. And he gets Intimidate which ***** anyway.

And some of the new pokemon have some good abilities as well. The white Pikachu rat thing has Technician, the electric Zebra has Motor Drive, new bird gets Super Luck (Honchkrow anyone?)

Rayku

Smash Lord
The ONLY cool looking Pokemon thus far that has been mentioned is Zekrom. Reshiram would be cool too if he didn't have a furry ****

Top Bottom