• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Discussion

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
As you may already know, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon will be released in September in Japan, and it seems this game will contain a lot of interesting new content. The purpose of this thread is to discuss anything about the upcoming game's details and mechanics, and share what we think is most intriguing about this new title in the series.

To start the discussion, let's talk about Mega Evolutions. How do you think this feature will play out in a dungeon? Do you like the introduction of Mega Evolutions?

Check my bio to join the Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon forum! Ask for an invite and I will send one.

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Eevee isn't playable. All hope is lost.

joking. But still, Eevee was either my partner or the main character in the original Mystery Dungeon games. Gonna miss her

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Eevee isn't playable. All hope is lost.

joking. But still, Eevee was either my partner or the main character in the original Mystery Dungeon games. Gonna miss her
Ugh... I know. I'm going to miss Shinx and Skitty and Eevee and Vulpix and Munchlax and Meowth... but hey, at least Riolu is in? I'm choosing Pikachu and Riolu as my characters, because I really don't want to be a regional starter.

However, based on the trailer it seems as if a Sylveon joins your team in the game.

Elin

NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Ugh... I know. I'm going to miss Shinx and Skitty and Eevee and Vulpix and Munchlax and Meowth... but hey, at least Riolu is in? I'm choosing Pikachu and Riolu as my characters, because I really don't want to be a regional starter.

However, based on the trailer it seems as if a Sylveon joins your team in the game.
When the endgame happens I know who I'll be playing as.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Except Arceus and Volcanion, I'd bet.
I'm 90% sure Volcanion won't be playable, partly because it hasn't been released yet.

However, for Arceus, I believe he would be. Hoopa is included in the "720 Obtainable Pokémon," but he is used as an item (backup) when you're in trouble in a dungeon.

Knowing that Hoopa is the only one like this, I am assuming Arceus will be recruitable... or at least able to be battled.

Elin

NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
I'm 90% sure Volcanion won't be playable, partly because it hasn't been released yet.

However, for Arceus, I believe he would be. Hoopa is included in the "720 Obtainable Pokémon," but he is used as an item (backup) when you're in trouble in a dungeon.

Knowing that Hoopa is the only one like this, I am assuming Arceus will be recruitable... or at least able to be battled.
Not in PMD2 and GTI, though.

I haven't even played GTI yet I know the new Mystery Dungeon will be surperior to it.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I am so excited for this game! I have only played Explorers of Darkness, and that game really made an impact on me. I ended up playing it because I was genuinely interested in the story, which was really good compared to most nintendo games. I really hope they keep that up!

On the topic of mega evolution in dungeons, I would guess that you can't just do it whenever. There are many ways they can take this: They could require you to use a consumable item to mega evolve, or they could make mega evolving deplete your belly faster, or maybe you can only mega evolve when your belly is above 50%, or maybe the player cant mega evolve but bosses and/or your partners can. No matter what happens though, there will be a new way to mega evolve, since it has always required a trainer in the past, and I doubt trainers will be in this game.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I am so excited for this game! I have only played Explorers of Darkness, and that game really made an impact on me. I ended up playing it because I was genuinely interested in the story, which was really good compared to most nintendo games. I really hope they keep that up!

On the topic of mega evolution in dungeons, I would guess that you can't just do it whenever. There are many ways they can take this: They could require you to use a consumable item to mega evolve, or they could make mega evolving deplete your belly faster, or maybe you can only mega evolve when your belly is above 50%, or maybe the player cant mega evolve but bosses and/or your partners can. No matter what happens though, there will be a new way to mega evolve, since it has always required a trainer in the past, and I doubt trainers will be in this game.
I definitely recommend playing Blue/Red Rescue Team! I still can't decide whether I like that one or Time/Darkness/Sky better, however... Gates To Infinity was the most recent release on the 3DS, but I have not heard much positivity about it. Many say it's a "watered down" version of the games in the series.

And yeah, I don't know if I'm too fond of Mega Evolution... particularly because currently only the Hoenn, Kanto, and Lucario can Mega Evolve. I'm hoping they will create Mega Evolutions for all playable characters, but I don't think that will be very likely.

Elin

NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
I definitely recommend playing Blue/Red Rescue Team! I still can't decide whether I like that one or Time/Darkness/Sky better, however... Gates To Infinity was the most recent release on the 3DS, but I have not heard much positivity about it. Many say it's a "watered down" version of the games in the series.

And yeah, I don't know if I'm too fond of Mega Evolution... particularly because currently only the Hoenn, Kanto, and Lucario can Mega Evolve. I'm hoping they will create Mega Evolutions for all playable characters, but I don't think that will be very likely.
Mega Delcatty when?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
If this game turns out to be REALLY good then I may actually go out and buy a 3ds. I hope so since I still am playing through Sky.

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
3 hype Pokemon games in the next half year are so, and none of them are main-series titles.

Can't wait.

Top Bottom