• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POKÉMAFIA: TOWN WINS

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
yeah a five hour long wait is really extensive imho like that's a long while

D

Deleted member

@ future hosts
Please choose times ya'll ain't doing anything and write your flavors in advance. Please. I beg you.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
@ future hosts
Please choose times ya'll ain't doing anything and write your flavors in advance. Please. I beg you.
It’s not like we decided “hey... let’s make them wait 6 hours. That’d be hilarious “

No offence to Red or anything, his flavour is top notch, but I’ll be doing the flavour for the sequel.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Little did we know that mohn’s pc system is down so here’s no flavor today :p

D

Deleted member

It’s not like we decided “hey... let’s make them wait 6 hours. That’d be hilarious “

No offence to Red or anything, his flavour is top notch, but I’ll be doing the flavour for the sequel.
I'm not saying you did but this is just too much. I can understand delays happening sometimes but when it basically becomes staple(heck, this is technically the delayal of a delayal ecen) it's a sign you didn't think too much on what time you'd be avaible to do this.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd rather have good flavor that takes a while than half assed flavor done in two seconds. :p

Keep it up, red.

D

Deleted member

Shieeeeet.

I'll be watching a movie. Won't get to see this until after.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Acceptable.

I really am sorry about the delays. My time in front of the computer's been limited the last few days.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'd rather have good flavor that takes a while than half ***** flavor done in two seconds. :p

Keep it up, red.
there could be a balance, it could be good (albeit not a masterpiece) flavor that takes 30 min, maybe an hour to write

I think that's a neat compromise between all sides, people like me who don't care about flavor at all aren't waiting long, people who enjoy flavor still get it, etc.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
- 19:28 Poké Pelago local time.

The last rays of the sunset outlined the doll by the water's edge. The waves breaking against shore blanketed a cold silence. Out of breath, one accusatory claw extended, Meowth's gaze burned with vengeful fire at the cornered Banette.

: It was you! It was you all along!

Banette did not turn to face them. She simply sighed, and stared long across the sea.

"You've finally come."

“Resentment at being cast off made it spring into being. Some say that treating it well will satisfy it, and it will once more become a stuffed toy.”
Embargo: Can block abilities once with in the game.
Comes up suspicious

Meowth growled. As far as they knew, only their Trainer and Mohn used these islands, and their Trainer caught new 'mons on a fairly regular basis - so it had never occurred to them to check the Box directly. But today, after Banette had been brought forward as suspicious, something had nagged Meowth about the shadows they'd seen in their nightmares. With Mohn's PC, and Pikachu's technical assistance, they'd managed to login to their Trainer's Box.

What they saw brought the pieces together rapidly.

: Our trainer never had a Banette! Who the hell are you?

The doll shimmered, as though a mirage, and its shadow shifted. In the span of a heartbeat, the illusion had fallen, and where the Banette once stood was a tall silhouette adorned with a crimson mantle.

She smiled.
"I'm your last shadow."

“It doesn’t just transform itself—it also has the power to make hundreds of people see its illusions.”
Embargo: Can block abilities once with in the game

Wins by being the final mafia member

Comes up suspicious

Tyranitar and Pikachu came up to join Meowth. The latter was weaving what seemed to be a lampshade out of Poké Beanstalk leaves. The former simply marched forward, its eyes cold. Both stopped short at the sight.

Zoroark turned to face Meowth, her mane blazing in the dying light.
"I'm not looking to fight with you. I only wanted your Trainer to feel my pain."

A low growl escaped the cat, but the Zoroark calmly continued.

"Honestly, that you don't recognize me tells me everything. I was right. I was never more than a mere trophy to your Trainer. But their actions meant far more to me."

Once again, she turned to face the sea.
"I thought we'd be safe in Poni Grove. Ever since I was young, I'd heard stories of Trainers - humans who made us labor for them, fight for them, with no respite except to be healed so that we could labor and fight again. My birthplace was filled with them. I ran from that forest as soon as I was able, escaped to the fabled Pokemon Village...and then the Trainers came there."

"There was no escape from Trainers in Kalos. So I ran again, even further this time, and snuck aboard a ship heading out of Coumarine City, bound for some island paradise. It brought me here, to Alola - and when I disembarked, there were already Trainers waiting."

She sat. "I hid. I narrowly escaped capture a dozen times. But there still wasn't an escape. This world...it seems to exist only for us to be bound. There's nothing but Trainers, everywhere."

"But I found a place. My paradise."
A sad smile made its way across her face. "A little place Trainers weren't usually allowed to go. Natives called it Poni Grove, and they kept humans out. Everything there was strong enough to destroy the unprotected or unprepared."

"I didn't care. It was the place I'd hoped for all along. I settled there. And that's where I had my child."

There was silence, but for the waves. And then Zoroark rose again, fiercely. Tears welling in her eyes and streaming down her face, she screamed at her accuser.

"My child, Meowth! My Zorua! He was my world, everything I had in it! And then your goddamn Trainer came."

"I don't know how your Trainer managed to get in. All I found was their stupid grinning face near my ****ing nest with an armful of those ****ing balls. And when I stood up to scare them off? To protect my Zorua from being somebody's fighting monster?"

Zoroark shot an accusing eye towards Tyranitar.
"They had that beastly thing beat me within an inch of my life and captured me." She sniffed through sobs. "And then we left. And we never went back. And my Zorua...I lost my...he was just a baby, he couldn't even protect himself..."

Zoroark fell to her knees and broke down in tears. Meowth found they couldn't speak. They were certain their Trainer couldn't have known...surely not...

They approached, gently reached for her, but Zoroark recoiled with a snarl. Meowth stepped back in shock.

: I...I don't...I'm sorry.

She sneered.
"Sorry won't bring my Zorua back."

: Look. This is...this is horrible. I had no idea it could happen. But I don't think our Trainer did either. Really, they didn't mean it. Our Trainer wouldn't do any of that stuff.

Sure, Tyranitar fights - but look at it, it loves doing that anyway. The only reason our Trainer even got into battling is so this idiot would have an outlet for it. And they've never once made me, either. Which is good, cause...uh...that means they've never...

Meowth trailed off, pawing at the coin beneath their hat.

: Listen. Humans know Meowth love gathering up loose change. And a lot of them think we can make them rich or something. We...kinda get shaken down a lot.

They sighed.

: That's what my last trainer was like. He'd gotten me from some dude on the mainland who apparently breeds Meowth just for the Pay Day. And he'd send me into battle just to use it. I used to tell myself I felt kind of useful, like some kind of warrior or helper or something - until his opponents started getting so strong that one hit would send me flying.

Eventually he only let me out to collect coins and bruises. Soon as he started making more money from fights than from me, he threw me out into the street.

Meowth paused a moment, recalling something painful, but they pushed it away.

: Our Trainer isn't like that. They saw me out there begging for scraps, and they took me in. They've fed me, they've held me, they've treated me like family. I haven't been their tool. I've been their partner, right from the day we met.

They thumbed out towards Pikachu.

: Plus, they keep this scraggly fool around.

Pikachu quietly dusted his finished lampshade, hanging it on Tyranitar's tail.

: Really, I'm sorry, but maybe...maybe we can go find your Zorua? Maybe they're still -

"Alive? Don't. All my baby could do was Scratch and Leer in a field full of Pinsir. I had to fight them off twice a day."
She punched the earth. "Anything that wasn't strong just...died out there. He'd barely be a snack to those monsters, but they'd still do it, just because they could."

She stood, her voice barely above a whisper. "No. My Zorua is gone. I've long accepted it. Your Trainer knows what it's like to be beaten, confined, and to lose those it cares about...and I used their own friends to do it. I've sewn dissent. I've turned many of you against them. And I thought, maybe, that'd be enough. But it isn't. They can never know what I went through."

"Even if they let me go...my paradise is gone. There's nothing there for me in those fields anymore."
The words choked in her throat, but there was no more pain in them. Zoroark had been pushed beyond it, beyond even despair. Here, at the end, there was nothing. Nothing but those she'd wounded, and a Tyranitar.

The stoic executioner grumbled.
"Enough. Face your judgement."

Zoroark laughed.
"You can't judge me."

And in one graceful motion, faster than any could react, she flung herself into the ocean.

Zoroark was released. Her alignment was MAFIA.

-------

- 04:14 Alolan local time.

The islanders had mostly ignored the bits of reeds and ropes that had washed up on Akala Island over the last few days. Mostly looked like something in the ocean had gotten into a fight with some kind of plant. And people had been coming by to clean it, so no harm.

But tonight, on the north side of Route 7, two women in long coats finished their work by moonlight - piecing together the final scraps of an utterly obliterated raft.

The shorter of the two stood and wiped her brow.
"Well, that settles it. This is definitely F's handiwork."

The taller one examined it a few minutes longer.
"Flimsy. Dangerous. Probably the second time this thing's been built out of flotsam that washed up on the beach." She shook her head. "It's his. Any sign of him, Trace?"

"Not yet, Rose. Found some of his coat, though."
She pulled a few scraps of tattered leather from her pocket and wiggled them about.

Rose groaned, rubbing her eyes.
"We'll have to make a phone call."

Rose pulled a cheap cell phone from her pocket, making a call she'd made many times before. There was silence as the call connected.

"F's gone. What's our next move?" She stood silent for a few minutes, occasionally nodding, before wordlessly ending the call and snapping the phone in two.

Trace noticed the faintest glimmer of concern through her friend's stoic face.
"What's up?"

"We've been reassigned,"
said Rose. "Looker and the Chief are on their way. They'll be contacting the Faller personally."

"That's some kinda honor for a kid, whenever he wakes up."
Trace paused. "Docs made it, right?"

"We got confirmation that the medical transport arrived a few hours ago. It's a few days travel back to the hospital, but the ship's facilities are sufficient to keep him in stable condition. He'll make it."
A stray hair fell across Rose's face; she moved it back behind her ear with a practiced motion. "Whatever situation led to his injuries, that's also apparently been resolved."

Trace smiled, as she mimed wiping sweat off her brow.
"Honestly, really glad the kid made it. So, what about us?"

"We're recalled,"
said Rose. "Something's happening. Something big. They didn't say much else." She grew quiet, her arms folded across her chest.

But Trace just shrugged. "Eh. I'm sure we can handle it." She pulled a lighter from her jacket. "Wanna grab malasadas after we deal with this?"

Rose smiled, and began gathering the raft's remains into a pile. "I suppose."

Before long, the remains of the raft were nothing but smoke and embers.

And out over the ocean, dark figures watched...and waited.

THE GAME HAS CONCLUDED.

TOWN WINS.

Opossum Opossum Pokechu Pokechu @Swampasaur @Shishœ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn Natz~ Natz~ A Distant Demon A Distant Demon @ShinyLegendary

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wait... counted wrong.

Third win in a row...

****! Big posts are bad when I can't count right

Oh well, game's over. No need to not edit :p

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Eh.

Still think it could use some work, but.
avi_thirsty.png

Experience, whatever.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yes Red add everyone to the graveyard and mafia hq.

I’m ready for the salt.

Also I’ll be putting my after thoughts here.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
wait where is my traitor win? it isn't in the title either :'^(

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WE WON. Hell yeah!

So town+Lampy wins right?

Time to see the roles :D

. . .I feel bad for Zoroark tho :(
:060"

D

Deleted member

Wait, what traitor win?
EDIT: nevermind I can't read

Last edited by a moderator:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
You played decently well, Chu.

If I hadn't put on a huge amount of importance on your watcher claim, you might've survived lol
in the end, he probably didn't care if he died
as long as all the other mafia joined the grave first, he was through and through a traitor, not on our side not on theres, malicious third party at best

I've played 4 games, but this is only the second I survived. First two I died on night 2. Animafia was shenanigans. The game. This one I wound up as the next biggest target after mafia :laugh:

Top Bottom