• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PND's Texture Blog: First Post!

PND

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=3045]PND's Texture Blog: First Post![/drupal]

PND's Texture Blog

First Post! w00t! I'm tired of simply creating (hording) textures and never sharing them, so now I present my work to the world. I will update this periodically as I finish new textures and I'm open to suggestions for future work.

These are in no particular order, but future updates will be sorted chronologically.

Dr. Doom

My favorite villain of all time, Dr. Doom. Dr. Doom is arguably the most important Marvel Villain of all time and was even inspiration for the design of Darth Vader. He's evil and egomaniacal -- but with a sense of honour. I like that in a villain. Most importantly, there weren't any green MK textures that I was a fan of. Instead of looking for one I liked, I decided to make my own instead. This was the first texture I ever made.

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3
Reference Pic

DOWNLOAD

RCMP "Mountie" Jiggs

I plan on becoming an RCMP member eventually (or a doctor, if I get med school financing) and this texture is a transitional piece for me -- a bridge between the world of smash and the world of policing. This texture was made out of respect for the RCMP, but with a bit of lighthearted Canadian pride.
This one comes in Black and Tan Varieties. (Just like my favorite drink >_>)

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3
Reference Pic
DOWNLOAD

The Grinch-lypuff

This texture is a bit of a tradition for me -- this was the first Grinch but I have also done a more recent one for Waluigi. I love the story of the Grinch and Jiggs has a Santa cap. . . that's enough motivation for me to do this texture!
Credit and thanks goes to illinialex, who allowed the santa hat texture to be modified by hexing the file (and texturing the hat that Grinchlypuff uses)

Reference Pic

DOWNLOAD

Beast

The Beast from the X-Men. It's been a long running joke between my friends that if I was one of the X-Men, I would definitely be Beast. I assume it's become of my wisdom and not because I'm hairy, blue, and stout. I guess I am pretty strong and nimble though, so whatever
. I made this texture because A) I'm a huge Marvel junkie and B) I needed a good blue texture for DK.

Pic 1 - Pic 2
Reference Pic

DOWNLOAD

Divine Haze

This is a custom texture I made for my crewmate, wingman, and friend, Divine_Haze. This was completely tailor made to his desires. . . and the handkerchief in his front pocket is even embroidered with his name. Because this is a custom texture for a player, there will be no download link provided. Just pics for showing the work off
This texture will only be distributed locally around our scene

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4

Enzo Matrix

The most ****** character ever. Enzo Matrix is from Reboot, a great Canadian CGI show from the 90's. Enzo Matrix was an annoying little brat who got stuck in the games with his girlfriend AndraIa and his dog Frisket and was forced to grow up quick. Many years later he's grown into Matrix, a no-nonsense Renegade who dreams only of returning home to Mainframe -- and deleting the virus Megabyte.

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3
Reference Pic

DOWNLOAD

NEW! NEW! NEW!

Bob

Bob is the main protagonist of the early seasons of ReBoot, a guardian sent to mend and defend the Mainframe system. Along with his trusty keytool Glitch he manages to avert disaster many times -- at least until Daemon creates a tear in Mainframe and lets in a web creature. The web creature opens up a portal and launches an attack on Mainframe, which Bob manages to fight off while a barrier goes up surrounding the city. With victory in his clutches, Bob is betrayed by Megabyte and sent to his "doom" in the web. This is based off of his early appearances, not his future web rider attire.

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3
Reference

DOWNLOAD

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
All the textures look very impressive. I enjoy all the cross-references being made with Smash characters, especially to the Reboot series that was fun to watch as a child. All of your pic links begin with the phrase "http://
" which prevented them from being properly sent to the correct web page. I have edited your original blog post in my quotation below so you can simply copy that and use it for your original post. Again great work.

Link to original post: [drupal=3045]PND's Texture Blog: First Post![/drupal]

PND's Texture Blog

First Post! w00t! I'm tired of simply creating (hording) textures and never sharing them, so now I present my work to the world. I will update this periodically as I finish new textures and I'm open to suggestions for future work.

These are in no particular order, but future updates will be sorted chronologically.

Dr. Doom

My favorite villain of all time, Dr. Doom. Dr. Doom is arguably the most important Marvel Villain of all time and was even inspiration for the design of Darth Vader. He's evil and egomaniacal -- but with a sense of honour. I like that in a villain. Most importantly, there weren't any green MK textures that I was a fan of. Instead of looking for one I liked, I decided to make my own instead. This was the first texture I ever made.

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3
Reference Pic

DOWNLOAD

RCMP "Mountie" Jiggs

I plan on becoming an RCMP member eventually (or a doctor, if I get med school financing) and this texture is a transitional piece for me -- a bridge between the world of smash and the world of policing. This texture was made out of respect for the RCMP, but with a bit of lighthearted Canadian pride.
This one comes in Black and Tan Varieties. (Just like my favorite drink >_>)

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3
Reference Pic
DOWNLOAD

The Grinch-lypuff

This texture is a bit of a tradition for me -- this was the first Grinch but I have also done a more recent one for Waluigi. I love the story of the Grinch and Jiggs has a Santa cap. . . that's enough motivation for me to do this texture!
Credit and thanks goes to illinialex, who allowed the santa hat texture to be modified by hexing the file (and texturing the hat that Grinchlypuff uses)

Reference Pic

DOWNLOAD

Beast

The Beast from the X-Men. It's been a long running joke between my friends that if I was one of the X-Men, I would definitely be Beast. I assume it's become of my wisdom and not because I'm hairy, blue, and stout. I guess I am pretty strong and nimble though, so whatever
. I made this texture because A) I'm a huge Marvel junkie and B) I needed a good blue texture for DK.

Pic 1 - Pic 2
Reference Pic

DOWNLOAD

Divine Haze

This is a custom texture I made for my crewmate, wingman, and friend, Divine_Haze. This was completely tailor made to his desires. . . and the handkerchief in his front pocket is even embroidered with his name. Because this is a custom texture for a player, there will be no download link provided. Just pics for showing the work off
This texture will only be distributed locally around our scene

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4

Enzo Matrix

The most ****** character ever. Enzo Matrix is from Reboot, a great Canadian CGI show from the 90's. Enzo Matrix was an annoying little brat who got stuck in the games with his girlfriend AndraIa and his dog Frisket and was forced to grow up quick. Many years later he's grown into Matrix, a no-nonsense Renegade who dreams only of returning home to Mainframe -- and deleting the virus Megabyte.

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3
Reference Pic

DOWNLOAD

NEW! NEW! NEW!

Bob

Bob is the main protagonist of the early seasons of ReBoot, a guardian sent to mend and defend the Mainframe system. Along with his trusty keytool Glitch he manages to avert disaster many times -- at least until Daemon creates a tear in Mainframe and lets in a web creature. The web creature opens up a portal and launches an attack on Mainframe, which Bob manages to fight off while a barrier goes up surrounding the city. With victory in his clutches, Bob is betrayed by Megabyte and sent to his "doom" in the web. This is based off of his early appearances, not his future web rider attire.

Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3
Reference

DOWNLOAD

PND

Smash Champion
Thanks for the kind words :) And thank you for the link fixing, I mass copied the links and forgot to remove the IMG tags :)

PND

Smash Champion
I'd rather not make a thread in the Workshop about it, it's cluttered enough there. This is just gonna be a blog about my textures, stuff I encounter while doing the textures and other assorted Brawl hacks. Discussion about Brawl hacking in general and texture releases. I figured a blog would be the best place for it.

So on that note, my next texture will probably be finished by tonight. It's my first Sonic hack. . . and I had quite the time trying to figure out how to make the changes actually apply. Stupid Env files. :mad: I'll discuss the obstacles in more detail when I reveal the next texture.

jivegamer

Smash Cadet
I see there's actually a few other people who liked Reboot :)

Great textures, I especially like DK/Beast.

PND

Smash Champion
Unfortunately my SD card reader stopped working, so sorry about the lack of updates. I have a new one to install. . . but I also have a couple torrents I've been waiting to finish before I do it.

My texture IS finished, I just want to test it out and take some pics before I release it to the public.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Brawl+ is too good. :yoshi:

These are amazing, just thought I'd pop in here and say that.

Come to a GtaN Brawl+ casual or tournament sometime, it'd be great to play with your textures and to meet you.

Top Bottom