• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM-Centric Podcast 'The Salt Mines' Broadcasting Tonight

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
Ugh, way to go Nintendo for trying to kill off something great. Honestly if Brawl wasn't so terrible none of this would happen lmao.
Alright I have been Holding this In for a Long Time....
DONT HATE BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its really not needed, The Competitive play was the ONLY THING WRONG WITH BRAWL
It was fun Casual And that was great And If you wanted to have A Cereal Match MELEE WAS STILL THERE, its not like you could play melee anymore...

Brawl The Subspace Emmisary was the best Story Mode We will ever get in smash and a platformer where Mario and Link can team up And It gave me flash backs of Zelda 2

It had Better graphics A better pause Camera Better Items More Characters More Trophies,

I love melee but Competitive And thats really all that game has Brawl Was A better GAME not FIGHTER It had More to offer and Was a great piece in smash history If brawl Was like melee, Melee would be dead

The Game Will Live on in Infamy As The BEST WORST SMASH GAME

I love PM and Brawl And Melee FOR DIFFRENT REASONS

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
I know some of the changes were wierd and unnecessary and I feel were only made for the sake of being diffrent Like warios grab not having a animation and squirtles side B
and removing zero suit samus's paralyzer cancel and unique grab and yoshi's egg sucking and more because the pmdt has a broom up their ass regarding character design.

Last edited:

Monk of MaZe

Smash Cadet
It's kinda funny how Nintendo say they want to support the competitive scene but is banning something that was meant solely to make their game competitive.

PandaPanda Senketsu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5241-2412-1689
and removing zero suit samus's paralyzer cancel and unique grab and yoshi's egg sucking and more because the pmdt has a broom up their *** regarding character design.
A character as fats as Zss shouldn't have a non clankable projectile that controls space that can also be dash cancelled. That was just dumb. I agree with the grab though.

And Yoshi's egg roll was HILARIOUSLY broken. It was a movement option that also happened to be safe on shield and also happened to combo in to anything and also happened to clank with everything. That was so busted. At least now you have to think about using it when before you could just brainlessly charge in.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"In this latest episode of Smarshbroads, P:M finally starts to die peacefully, but the Smash Community transforms into a cult of necromancers so they can bring it back! Will the undying love and endless amounts of salt for P:M bring it back? More on that in the next episode! Stay tuned!"

I hate this channel.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
This is a shame. I really hope project M does not fade. I may have never played it, but I have massive respect for the amount of work and fan service that is in that game.

LeadRod

Smash Apprentice
NNID
420B-LAZE-IT!!
Good on Nintendo for endorsing the Smash community more this year. Still, would like them to wise up where fan made content such as PM is concerned. Honestly though, I bet there were people out their who refused to buy Brawl but saw PM and decided to anyway. Food for thought Nintendo.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Wow, I was excited to see this story posted so I could see how the community was engaging with our podcast, the content, and any feedback that could benefit us.

How disappointing to see the complete bull**** cloud of despair fly over this place, and eclipse everything. PM isn't dead, but you guys are doing your part to kill it by failing to actually appreciate criticize or discuss PM related content that is being produced by the community.

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
i hope they talk about reverting pm 3.5 to 3.02
i agree! some of the stuff they took out was unnecessary. on the other hand there were some broken things that people abused to their advantage but i feel like this game got a little too tight.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
You know what could help Project M right now? Provide some information on what plans they'll have for 4.0, which (might) come out as early as the end of this year.
THey should first of all stop tweaking characters skills, people are just sick of it. a 3.02 community is emerging even Mew2king talk about the regular nerf of every character that start to be popular by a winning simple method.

The PM team, have to let the players deal with the 3.5 release gamplay system at least 3 years (so they can really own the game) and PM team should focus on PAL release, bug fix, new stages and fight modes creation.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
THey should first of all stop tweaking characters skills, people are just sick of it. a 3.02 community is emerging even Mew2king talk about the regular nerf of every character that start to be popular by a winning simple method.

The PM team, have to let the players deal with the 3.5 release gamplay system at least 3 years (so they can really own the game) and PM team should focus on PAL release, bug fix, new stages and fight modes creation.
I don't know many people in the community who have been here for a while who put much stock in anything Mew2king says (especially about a game he doesn't play that much).

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
I hate all the "this game is dead" nonsense.

Nothing really happened, except for VGBC and like 2 majors dropping it.
That is almost nothing. It just caused a momentary lack of visibility.

S@X PM is still streamed, just not by GIMR. Absolutely nothing has changed.
Thank you based god.

B4ssick L3e

Smash Cadet
I like to play PM and Smash 4 and don't understand why Nintendo has to hate on it. Honestly I feel like it would benefit them if they got behind it more instead of trying to kill it.

B4ssick L3e

Smash Cadet
Alright I have been Holding this In for a Long Time....
DONT HATE BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its really not needed, The Competitive play was the ONLY THING WRONG WITH BRAWL
It was fun Casual And that was great And If you wanted to have A Cereal Match MELEE WAS STILL THERE, its not like you could play melee anymore...

Brawl The Subspace Emmisary was the best Story Mode We will ever get in smash and a platformer where Mario and Link can team up And It gave me flash backs of Zelda 2

It had Better graphics A better pause Camera Better Items More Characters More Trophies,

I love melee but Competitive And that's really all that game has Brawl Was A better GAME not FIGHTER It had More to offer and Was a great piece in smash history If brawl Was like melee, Melee would be dead

The Game Will Live on in Infamy As The BEST WORST SMASH GAME

I love PM and Brawl And Melee FOR DIFFERENT REASONS

I think Brawl was good, but now with PM and Smash 4 there is really no reason to play it again, and as an overall game I think Melee comes out on top (and I prefer 4 for competitive) just because Melee is not lacking in any category, it has great stages, game play, solo modes, music, and THE BEST smash intro. 4 improved on Brawl by making the competitive MUCH better but it's abysmal solo modes made it lose a lot of points overall as a game in my book.

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
I think Brawl was good, but now with PM and Smash 4 there is really no reason to play it again, and as an overall game I think Melee comes out on top (and I prefer 4 for competitive) just because Melee is not lacking in any category, it has great stages, game play, solo modes, music, and THE BEST smash intro. 4 improved on Brawl by making the competitive MUCH better but it's abysmal solo modes made it lose a lot of points overall as a game in my book.
It is Lacking Single Player Compared to brawl AND SMASH 4 smash 4 kills melee in single player with Allstar mode Classic Mode Crazy Orders Master orders Events Costums Trophies Target Bomb Game Home Run Multiman SMash Trophy Rush Smash Tour Online

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
It is Lacking Single Player Compared to brawl AND SMASH 4 smash 4 kills melee in single player with Allstar mode Classic Mode Crazy Orders Master orders Events Costums Trophies Target Bomb Game Home Run Multiman SMash Trophy Rush Smash Tour Online
Also Master Pieces Trophie Studio And Trohpy Shop I think thats it

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
Seriously, people? First, PM isn't dead. Far from it. Second, Nintendo doesn't hate PM. Nintendo doesn't not support PM. There are copyright issues with the game not technically being Brawl (especially with the third party characters), and by looking the other way and pretending PM doesn't exist, they're keeping from being forced to send a C&D to the PMDT.

As for the podcast itself, it was a good watch. I got a little tired of Lunchables talking at twice the volume of everyone else and for twice as long, when he wasn't clicking on either his controller or his keyboard (seemed like NZA was too) but he knew his **** and it was overall a good discussion.

D

Deleted member

I don't really think I talked more than NZA, we talked the most that night. The entire podcast was basically NZA and I trying to talk over eachother.

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
I don't really think I talked more than NZA, we talked the most that night. The entire podcast was basically NZA and I trying to talk over eachother.
You were better at it lol. It's ok though because (most of the time) you had good stuff to say.

ChoppedLightning

Smash Rookie
According to project M's website, they are "taking a break to explore a whole new environment [Smash 4]" I wonder when the project will be up and running again.

Top Bottom