• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6 Reaction and Suggestions

Should the character stock icons replace the dotted one?

• Yes, change every mode to have character stock icon

Votes: 116 85.9%
  • No, keep dotted stock icon except when involving All-Star Versus Mode

Votes: 19 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Something that would be cool to implement is a sort of fresh hit indicator. If a move is fresh, as in its not in the stale moves list, the next time that fresh move hits a graphic happens. This graphic could be character specific or universal and it only happens at the percents were the "in pain voice clip plays".
kinda like the smash 4 lightning effect

PartlyCloudy

Smash Rookie
I like the cosmetic changes that are coming in, not to mention the new stages and All-Star battle mode. What I'm more interested in are the balance changes! When are we getting the info on those?

Narpas_sword

I like the cosmetic changes that are coming in, not to mention the new stages and All-Star battle mode. What I'm more interested in are the balance changes! When are we getting the info on those?
Unless the PMDT have changed their usual release strategy. You'll get balance notes in a blog post after the release of the new build.

This is because they're always testing and adjusting things, so until they final decided release, something could be altered.
They don't want the public seeing an individual change in a vacuum, then starting a giant whinge thread before finalising what the whole release would look like.
Not to mention things are subject to change fairly frequently.

Take a look on the ProjectM site, at the dev version number.
Every time they make a change to the build, that increases by 1.

Naf2pro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brover1
Other than stock icons and changes to Bowser I didn't notice much tbh

Exodo

Smash Ace
Other than stock icons and changes to Bowser I didn't notice much tbh
Mmmm... What change to bowser?
If you're talking about the super jump or the mid air reverse throw those are things he already has

Naf2pro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Brover1
Huh really? Noone I play with locally really uses him soooooo I gu3$$ im ju$t @ N3WB ~

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
I'm a bit late to the party, but whatever

The only reason I haven't started playing PM competitively yet is because there's no support for the Wii U's gamecube adapter. I no longer have a Wii, so.

It'd be amazing if there was support for that, because then you could have all 3 competitive games on Wii U.

The ultimate setup would be a Wii U with Sm4sh downloaded, the Brawl disc in the console with a PM SD card, and Nintendont for Melee.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I'm a bit late to the party, but whatever

The only reason I haven't started playing PM competitively yet is because there's no support for the Wii U's gamecube adapter. I no longer have a Wii, so.

It'd be amazing if there was support for that, because then you could have all 3 competitive games on Wii U.

The ultimate setup would be a Wii U with Sm4sh downloaded, the Brawl disc in the console with a PM SD card, and Nintendont for Melee.
RIP 64.

Before anyone says Virtual Console, it has lag issues.

Your Face

Smash Apprentice
My only wish for 3.6:

Better OoS options for Ike. Somehow. As long as it doesn't involve any nerfs...

Other than that, everything looks awesome! I'm soOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo hyped!!!

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
@ SOJ SOJ You think it's possible to implement the infinite shield like on the 20XX hack pack? Someone gave me an add-on for infinite shields and I might use it, but I just wanted to know if it's possible that the PMDT will implement it for PM.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
@ SOJ SOJ You think it's possible to implement the infinite shield like on the 20XX hack pack? Someone gave me an add-on for infinite shields and I might use it, but I just wanted to know if it's possible that the PMDT will implement it for PM.
We're running out of toggle-able options in game for stuff like this, and there's no way to add new options.

Narpas_sword

How difficult is messing with item properties?

like, could we get a common3 (i think) with items that do different things?
like, a training item pack.

give someone a mushroom, and they get infinite shield.
starman lasts longer (for hit stun training)
give them a poison mushroom to revert to default.

would only be usefull in training mode where you can select items, but not possible i guess?

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
A training pack sounds like exactly the sort of thing the addon system should have. Feels like nobody's really done anything with addons yet, maybe by releasing some official packs you can help remind everyone that it's a thing.

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
My only wish for 3.6:

Better OoS options for Ike. Somehow. As long as it doesn't involve any nerfs...

Other than that, everything looks awesome! I'm soOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo hyped!!!
As much as I would love that, he is an amazing offensive character, I think its fair if he has weak defensive options.

Top Bottom