• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6 Reaction and Suggestions

Should the character stock icons replace the dotted one?

• Yes, change every mode to have character stock icon

Votes: 116 85.9%
  • No, keep dotted stock icon except when involving All-Star Versus Mode

Votes: 19 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
The PMDT continues to surprise me with these updates (in a good way). I just have two concerns, though.

First, the trailer shows the stock art (dots) being replaced by actual character icons. I'm sure most people appreciate this change, and I do, too. However, I like the dot icons simply because it looks more simple and clean. Is it maybe possible to keep the character stock icons for specific modes like All-Star Versus Mode, and keep the dot icons for regular Versus Mode? For me, the dots just makes the screen look cleaner and less clunky. It's just simply easier on the eyes. Maybe create an option to select either? If it's not possible, I can always adjust to the changes.

Second, is it possible to create a "SHIELD" mode in Training? This would greatly help anyone trying to practice shield pressure. For anyone suggesting to me to use the Starman item...stop. I noticed that there's a significant difference in lag when you hit someone in-shield versus someone possessing the Starman item. Yes, I can use another controller, but the shield will always break soon because there's no lightpress in the full set version. Maybe create it to where the shield always stays up?

Other than some bugs (already told a PMDT member), the update is looking great.

ninjuh1124

Smash Cadet
All I want is Pokefloats and Mute City. PMDT can keep everything else until 4.0

NINJAEDIT Also I'd like a visual change to Skyworld's platforms. The clouds make it hard to hit wavelands sometimes

Last edited:

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
All I want is Pokefloats and Mute City. PMDT can keep everything else until 4.0

NINJAEDIT Also I'd like a visual change to Skyworld's platforms. The clouds make it hard to hit wavelands sometimes
I never really cared about those two stages. :estatic:

Skyworld is a nice stage, but I've never really played seriously on it. Maybe it's the height of the platforms. If there's a stage that needs changing, it's Skyloft. The scenery is so beautiful, but the little steps make me not want to take it seriously.

The PMDT should consider making a poll to see which stage should be taken out to be replaced with something new. I'm sure the majority of us don't even play on Pictochat.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I like the concept of Pictochat, if you took out the hazard forms and left only the various changing platform layouts it'd be awesome.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
I like the concept of Pictochat, if you took out the hazard forms and left only the various changing platform layouts it'd be awesome.
Pictochat is cool, but it's just too plain in my opinion. I do still think the PMDT should create a poll to see which stage should be taken out. These new stages coming in 3.6 are awesome. Removing the least used stage for a new one would be beneficial.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Pictochat is cool, but it's just too plain in my opinion. I do still think the PMDT should create a poll to see which stage should be taken out. These new stages coming in 3.6 are awesome. Removing the least used stage for a new one would be beneficial.
A community poll doesn't represent the entirety of players of the game. You can't speak as if it would "benefit" the game when you're suggesting we just kill off stages you think aren't popular or are "plain."

Last edited:

InitialK

I'm that TO Guy
When I saw the HD Battlefield, it just gave me flashbacks haha Im glad this is finally coming over to Project M.
Also Im really interested in the new costumes that are coming out.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
A community poll doesn't represent the entirety of players of the game. You can't speak as if it would "benefit" the game when you're suggesting we just kill off stages you think aren't popular or are "plain."
Community poll? It's not that hard to link a poll through social networking websites. If the PMDT were supposedly to even create it, they could spread it through their Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc., in addition of adding details to spread the link even further. It may not reach the entirety of players, but it'll sure reach a hell of a lot more. They could even make it months before the update.

Maybe I worded my last post poorly. I'll take back what I said about what is and isn't beneficial. I didn't mean to insinuate that we start killing off least-used stages left and right. I was just thinking maybe one or two.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
When I saw the HD Battlefield, it just gave me flashbacks haha Im glad this is finally coming over to Project M.
Also Im really interested in the new costumes that are coming out.
I'm definitely excited for Melee Battlefield. I'll probably be playing that stage rather than the original one. I'll also be playing Delfino's Secret, too. One of my favorite games of all time was Super Mario Sunshine.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My only problem is the coloring.

It's too bright like this artificial "This is a mod stage" that I don't get with other stages. Melee BF, Saffron, peach's castle and hidden delfino all give me that feel and I'm not a fan of that.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice

It's too bright like this artificial "This is a mod stage" that I don't get with other stages. Melee BF, Saffron, peach's castle and hidden delfino all give me that feel and I'm not a fan of that.
That "feel" is the same thing for me when it comes to the stock icons. It's just something we have to adjust to.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
I have many good feelings about this 3.6 teasing. But i prefer o talk about what i really dislike.

Olimar's new recovery: https://gfycat.com/CreepySpitefulBorzoi
It is clearly not natural at all! the problem is the range of his UpB or how could he easily get more pikmin.
Olimar s not my main not even my second but i really love the character and i tried to play him but i didn't make it.
all right he has a jet pack, but why not making him retrieve 2 pikmins when he dig up?
His gamaplay is really original and i think it is in the pikmin's way that it must be push forward.
I know the PMDT are devoted nintendo fans, and they certainly know that in Pikmin's game olimar can control tens of pikmins? why not tring of achieve this (or approah) in order to strenghthen the character?

Bowser strange super jump. i have never played Bowser, maybe is an old move and i hope someone could inform me. I saw twive jumping like a rocket man in the video? What the hell??!!! I now he has a very bad vertical recovery, maybe the badest of the game since is recovery looks to be worst tan DK's one. But a super jump?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I have many good feelings about this 3.6 teasing. But i prefer o talk about what i really dislike.

Olimar's new recovery: https://gfycat.com/CreepySpitefulBorzoi
It is clearly not natural at all! the problem is the range of his UpB or how could he easily get more pikmin.
Olimar s not my main not even my second but i really love the character and i tried to play him but i didn't make it.
all right he has a jet pack, but why not making him retrieve 2 pikmins when he dig up?
His gamaplay is really original and i think it is in the pikmin's way that it must be push forward.
I know the PMDT are devoted nintendo fans, and they certainly know that in Pikmin's game olimar can control tens of pikmins? why not tring of achieve this (or approah) in order to strenghthen the character?

Bowser strange super jump. i have never played Bowser, maybe is an old move and i hope someone could inform me. I saw twive jumping like a rocket man in the video? What the hell??!!! I now he has a very bad vertical recovery, maybe the badest of the game since is recovery looks to be worst tan DK's one. But a super jump?
Why would olimar need to possess 10+ pikmin to be good? Having 4-6 was obviously for balancing reasons.

As for bowser, he could always cancel the rising momentum from his down-b with a jump, which in no way can be utilized for a recovery.

Last edited:

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
Why would olimar need to possess 10+ pikmin to be good? Having 4-6 was obviously for balancing reasons.

As for bowser, he could always cancel the rising momentum from his down-b with a jump, which in now way can be utilized for a recovery.
Thank you for your explanation.

Exodo

Smash Ace

naa the thing is this stages are more detailed and well done than the original ones.. all PM stages so far have been a piece of art, and im lovin it!! I NEED DEM STAGES NOW OR ILL HAVE A SEIZURE ISRNHWEBFNWHG

EDIT: i understand what you mean with "this is a mod stage" its true, you can clearly see the superiority of a stage that they are, in my opinion they should optimize all stages to "PM level"!! that way you wont have that feel anymore :D

doble edit: pwease :3 ^^^

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
naa the thing is this stages are more detailed and well done than the original ones.. all PM stages so far have been a piece of art, and im lovin it!! I NEED DEM STAGES NOW OR ILL HAVE A SEIZURE ISRNHWEBFNWHG

EDIT: i understand what you mean with "this is a mod stage" its true, you can clearly see the superiority of a stage that they are, in my opinion they should optimize all stages to "PM level"!! that way you wont have that feel anymore :D

doble edit: pwease :3 ^^^
The problem I have is that the color don't mesh well with the models of the characters or aspects of the background.

It just clashes and doesn't seem to match as well.

Like those stages just need a little bit more polish to match the character models better.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
The problem I have is that the color don't mesh well with the models of the characters or aspects of the background.

Like those stages just need a little bit more polish to match the character models better.
That's how I felt with Dreamland's new model. I eventually got used to it, though.

Narpas_sword

If olimar is going to get control of mass pikmin, i better be getting Space jump and a screw attack that makes me invulnerable the whole way through the jump.

That stuff doesnt exist because of balance.

And tbh i like the brighter colours on appropriate levels.

Dreamland should be bright, not drab.
Levels from bright games like Sunshine too.

Nintendo is all about nice bright colors. Love it.

I can understand if Drac castle was bright and colourful, it would seem weird.

But, just turn your tv's colour setting down if its too bright =p

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
correction: the character models need polishing to match the stages. You're all used to looking at muddy colours on top of muddy stages.

Last edited:

IronChar

Smash Journeyman

I agree. I for one really like melee peach castle- its is a great doubles map to separate the battle nicely- there's talk of removing this level?

Sundark

Smash Apprentice
If at all possible, throw a menu option in there for either icons or portraits. Stock icon heads set to "On" or "All-Star", maybe portraits in a similar fashion, though I think those can stay permanently. Portraits + Heads looks a little cluttered in regular battles where it's the same character's face five whole times, but it's an absolute necessity in All-Star battles.

reportingsfnoobs

Smash Apprentice
i really dont understand why you guys are looking at the stocks so much.
It's not that big of a deal. It's simply just my opinion, and I stated my reasons for it. Like Sundark said, looking at four of the same faces tends to look more clunky than if it were dotted icons. If Team Versus was to be done, looking at two teams with two different colored dot icons would look cleaner than looking at different characters with two similar colors. Like I said in my first post, I'll just simply have to look past this and develop a tolerance for it.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I would suggest using Codex9's remastered CSP's found in this thread. They fit well, are consistent, and look really really good.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Bringing back stock heads sounded awesome to me at first, but after thinking about it for a while it stands out as odd to have both the portrait and the stocks. I think it looks a little weird like that.

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
I want pm to keep the stock icons and get rid of the battle portraits. I find the battle portraits to be too obstructive.

FamiGrafx

Smash Rookie
I want Melee's stock icon glitch. I guess intentionally including it would make it more like a stock icon feature though.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
1) Why are we replacing any stages? We just added 20 stages to the game. What needs to be replaced for something else?

2) Stock icons are staying. There's no way to program in any options for them, it's all or nothing.

3) We can't get rid of battle portraits because other modes like SSE and Time Mode require them.

4) Stock icons are awesome. You will appreciate them in time

5) Delfino's Secret is a port from Mario Sunshine, it's supposed to be that colorful. We've added different lighting to make it less distracting.

6) Bowser has had a jump cancel on his down b since like Demo 1

Last edited:

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
1) Why are we replacing any stages? We just added 20 stages to the game. What needs to be replaced for something else?

2) Stock icons are staying. There's no way to program in any options for them, it's all or nothing.

3) We can't get rid of battle portraits because other modes like SSE and Time Mode require them.

5) Delfino's Secret is a port from Mario Sunshine, it's supposed to be that colorful. We've added different lighting to make it less distracting.

Thank you for answer!
Please how about this?

http://smashboards.com/threads/my-contribution-to-pm-going-futher-than-the-l-cancel-blink.395549/

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879

That's less the fault of the dev team not matching the design and colors of the other stages (they look great) and more the fact that they are still using Brawl character model textures, which don't look well with a lot.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice

delfino secret looks a bit out of place and low res I agree, but I strongly disagree with the others. New Peaches castle looks amazing. As does the others. Also is Melee Battlefields' background original or is it taken somewhere from subspace?

I'm most excited for the 64 mode, if its a thing. If it's still just a april fools gag I'll be shocked and sad they spent all that time wasting with the models. But I have hopes, I dont think there will be 3 stage switching options, so I would be fine if Brawl Battlefield got totally replaced with 64's dark labyrinth battlefield. I always loved that one. Brawl's version was ugly to me.

Exodo

Smash Ace

i seriously cant understan, WHY THE **** some people dont enjoy alll OF THIS^^^^

seriously stock icons are amazing, DELFINOS SECRET?!? AMAZING!!!
battle portraits, ALSO SOMETHING GREAT, one of the things BRAWL HAS BETTER THAN MELEE IN FACT!! (though it would be awesome PMDT added their own portraits and stuff just saying :3)
why would anyone want it changed back?

by every update this is becoming more and more unique, and better, and artistic.. and keep in mind is still a FREE PROJECT THAT HAS BEEN RUNNING FOR 4 YEARS ALREADY!!! appreciate all the effort love the effort praise the effort!! because it has created a masterpiece so far and its still in development!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom