• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6 + cBliss Help

The Johnson

Smash Rookie
Alright so I've been dying to get this working forever. It seems we finally have the technology now that the new version of cBliss Tool for PM 3.5/3.6 is out. I have tried to go through and make a barebones version of PM just including cBliss.

All I have done is:
1. Run cBliss Tool on my RSBE01 (expanding all characters to 10, except Wario who is at 12 obviously)
2. I copied and pasted resources that were already there to ensure each of the following had 10 options for each character:
projectm/pf/menu/common/StockFaceTex.brres (Single Player Stock Icons)
projectm/pf/info2/info/ARC info_en/MiscData[30] (Multiplayer Stock Icons)
projectm/pf/stage/melee/STGRESULT/MiscData[20] (After Battle Stock Icons)
projectm/pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter/char_bust_tex_lz77 (Character Select Portraits)
projectm/pf/menu/common/char_bust_tex (Result Screen Portraits)
projectm/pf/info/portrite (Battle Portraits)
projectm/pf/fighter (Models) + [Note: Peach's entry.pac and Pokemon Trainer's final.pac also duplicated]

I attempt to load through PM launcher, a black screen follows, and it drops me off at the Wii channel screen. It's worth noting I am not using PM addon system, I am simply changing the files in the PM folder and loading it for simplicities sake right now.

Has anyone been successful with this? Or had this problem before?

Obviously unedited PM 3.6 works just fine on my hacked Wii.

Last edited:

manbearpig304

Smash Rookie
I have read that to get cbliss to work with project m 3.6 you need a different game gameconfig.txt file. Mewtwo2000 made one that did get the game to launch for me but I could not get the extra costume slots to work.
Mewtwo2000's file can be downloaded here
http://www.mediafire.com/view/07qh9rzt99ju43q/gameconfig.txt
(from Mewtwo2000's Facebook page)
This is all the help I can give because I could not get the extra slots to work.

Last edited:

The Johnson

Smash Rookie
Well that helped a little! I made it past the two splash screens and it froze black half a second into the now loading screen. I'll keep looking into this tonight.

Well that helped a little! I made it past the two splash screens and it froze black half a second into the now loading screen. I'll keep looking into this tonight.
Did you make sure every character had files present for every variation? Warioman needs 10 slots as well as Giga Bowser, and Peach needs extra _Final.pacs for every costume

manbearpig304

Smash Rookie
Could you explain what you mean by the extra _Final.pacs for peach and say where the extra stock icons and portraits go for peach? Also, can cbliss add 14 or 10 custom slots to every character?

Last edited:

The Johnson

Smash Rookie
I did forget some of those, and I'll add them to the main post. That is: the extra pacs for Giga Bowser and Warioman, as well as entry.pacs for Peach and final.pac for Pokemon Trainer. I am still having the issue of black screen freeze during the first loading screen. I will continue to work on this tonight, it is the first time I've had a freeze quite like this.

It is entirely possible I am missing one or two files somewhere that I claim to have already added which could be causing the problem, though typically if these files are missing the crash only happens on CSS?

Edit: Manbearpig, assuming you can get it working, Mewtwo2000 says you are able to extend costume slots past 10 (to 14). However some characters stock icons etc. on the later slots will end up turning over to the next character. I'm only really interested in 10 slots because of this.

Edit2: Freeze on loading screen seems to be sc_selcharacter filesize too large. I removed everything but the codes and the gameconfig, which got me to CSS and a crash on cycling to a skin that cBliss would have added. Which is great news.

Last edited:

The Johnson

Smash Rookie
Managed to get my sc_selcharacter under filesize limit but still having freezing issues. I'm gunna give up for a bit, hopefully somebody else can figure this out.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I'm just waiting for the template Mewtwo2000 said he was going to make when he last updated the Cbliss tool.

Or for someone else to figure it out and write a good tutorial/make their own template. Whichever comes first.

Last edited:
Managed to get my sc_selcharacter under filesize limit but still having freezing issues. I'm gunna give up for a bit, hopefully somebody else can figure this out.
Soon I will be releasing my 3.6b build with 09-10 costumes (not including default) per character , look out for it. It will include 200 stages and will look very very nice.

EDIT: Before you ask which characters will have 10 costumes, its Toon Link, Wolf, Rob, Sonic and Ganondorf

Last edited:
Top Bottom