• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.5 - Roy audio bug?

Juken

Smash Ace
In my Project M, I've noticed that whenever I land one of Roy's tilts or use his down taunt, it makes the regular sound and then some other sound comes after it. It sounds like something charging, or like a warp star when in motion. I also noticed that Roy lacked a charge sound, or it was very quiet, so that's another thing.

I put a question mark in the title because I do have my own music and some sounds for other characters installed, so I'm not certain if it's just in my modded PM, or if it's in the actual build.

Kazuyahimegami

Smash Rookie
I read somewhere that Roy and Mewtwo share the BRSTM files for Galleom and Duo, respectively, in Subspace Emissary, and yeah....I'm sure that's correct because I put melee sfx in back in 3.0 and roy's sfx sounded like a jet plane taking off and his taunts/sfx were both terrifying and the most fun I've had in a while with the game xD Your problem sounds alot like the one I had, so maybe search on smashboards for the sound files for those two bosses and replace.

Zeldastriker

Smash Apprentice
They changed around the setup for Roy's sfx (it still uses Duon's group, but the files are slightly different). If you're using a custom .brsar without inserting the new .sawnd files or the old sfx folder, this will happen. You need to use the new 325.sawnd file. If this isn't the issue, I'm not sure what's causing it.

Top Bottom