• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please rate my team + recommend a Pokemon!

Point Blank

Smash Apprentice
Infernape @ Expert Belt
Jolly

Thunderpunch
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
U-Turn

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Calm

Surf
Aqua Ring
Acid Armor
Baton Pass

Porygon-Z @ Wise Glasses
Modest

Tri-Attack
Nasty Plot
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Sludge Bomb

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Impish

Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Roost
Stealth Rock

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Infernape @ Expert Belt
Jolly

Thunderpunch
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
U-Turn

Pretty good...
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Calm

Surf
Aqua Ring
Acid Armor
Baton Pass
Good Passer.

Porygon-Z @ Wise Glasses
Modest

Tri-Attack
Nasty Plot
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse/Psychic
Still good...

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Sludge Bomb
See Porygon-Z

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Impish

Earthquake
Aerial Ace/Fire Fang
Roost
Stealth Rock
The last pokemon I'd say would be best is...

Garchomp Lv? @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Nature: Adamant/ Jolly
EVs: 252attk/ 252spd/ 4 any
Ability: Sand Veil

Ice Fang
Swords Dance
EQ
Outrage

Point Blank

Smash Apprentice
On Gengar I was thinking about dropping Sludge Bomb for Energy Ball. Good idea or bad idea?

D

Deleted member

sleep is good.
but gengar gets onekoed-twokoed really easily, so unless you like risk, its bad

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
That Gengar is holding CSpecs, plus Sludge Bomb is one of his STAB moves, nice Poke imo. PorygonZ, try to get good IVs in Special Attack, being modest, swap Nasty Plot for Agility, and you can get rid of Dark Pulse for Energy Ball, too many Ttars and Rhyperiors around, Tbolt for Water/Flying etc.

nice team btw

Edit: You didn't mention Pory-Z ability, I hope it is Adaptability. Also, someone mentioned Metronome as an item for Pory, since his Tri-Attack keeps growing stronger and stronger.

Point Blank

Smash Apprentice
Could you guys recommend more Pokemon? The reason I don't want to use Garchomp is because I'd have 2 Pokemon 4x weak to ice.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I was just about to tell you not to use Garchomp for that very reason. Tshahi recommended Electivire and Ttar but didn't give any movesets. :p

I'm not sure if Tyranitar would be a good idea with only one pokemon immune to sandstorm. I'll get back to you.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
What's a good special sponge that isn't OU?
I don't know if Slowking is OU, but it has 95 base Hp, 110 base Special Defense, and learns Amnesia and Calm Mind. It also resists the Ice that you said 2 of your Pokemon had 4x weakness to.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Meh, the team seems a bit overly standard. You have a HUGE Weavile weak, he can OHKO all of your Pokémon but Vaporeon. So you might want to do some work in the defensive department.

Point Blank

Smash Apprentice
Would it help if I dropped Infernape for Arcanine, Gliscor for Donphan, and added Bronzong?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Bronzong is an excellent Weavile counter (Gyro Ball). Rhyperior can also take a hit and OHKO it back. Donphan should be able to do the same, since its HP and defense are good. A physical sweeper who does well against Weavile is Gyarados, if you insist on kicking Infernape out. The problem with Weavile is that it can take many OU Pokémon out with one hit, especially the more fragile sweepers. It has crappy defenses though. You'll be fine if you follow some of my suggestions or what you came up with yourself. Just remember that competitive teams should be able to handle specific threats that are everywhere in the metagame.

Top Bottom