• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Rate My Random Matchup Team

BlueStar03

Smash Cadet
Please rate my In-game Random Matchup Team

THIS TEAM IS NOT FOR POKEMON ONLINE OR OTHER SIMULATORS, IT IS FOR IN-GAME
3vs3 BATTLES

Smeargle @Leftovers
Moody Jolly
252Hp/4Def/252Spe
-Spore
-Dragon Dance
-Baton Pass
-Protect

Cloyster @Focus Sash
Skill Link Naive
252Atk/4SpA/252Spe
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Surf

Excadrill @Air Balloon
Mold Breaker Adamant
4Hp/252Atk/252Spe
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor

I'm using Smeargle because it's my favorite Pokémon so I don’t want to replace it. I also like Cloyster for its ability to hit through Sturdy and Focus Sash. I’m really looking for advice on the 3rd member of the team. I have Excadrill right now because it can hit Steel types super effectively but with it all my Pokémon have a weakness to Fighting.

The general strategy is to lead with Smeargle and Spore the opposing lead to sleep so I can set up and Baton Pass to Cloyster. I usually end up doing one Shell Smash since it’s sashed. Lately though I’ve been alternating between Protect and DD with Smeargle until the opponent wakes up and then I Spore them again in order to switch into Cloyster. With this strategy I sometimes don’t need the extra set up with Cloyster. Once Cloyster is set up I Icicle Spear or Rock Blast, I rarely need to Surf but I think I like it over a physical Water type move since I do get the Special Attack boost with Shell Smash and often times with Smeargle’s Moody.

I really only bring in Excadrill when Cloyster faints. There have been rare occasions where I pass Smeargle’s boosts to Excadrill but it’s almost always Cloyster who tries to sweep. For this reason I am thinking or replacing him with a revenge killer that can hit Steel and Water hard since they both wall my team if I can’t adequately set up.

I was thinking of this Dragonite though I haven’t tested it yet:

Dragonite @Expert Belt?
Multiscale Jolly
4Hp/252Atk/252Spe
-Dragon Claw
-ThunderPunch
-Earthquake
-ExtremeSpeed

Would Choice Scarf be a better option since I’m planning on using it unboosted only when Closter goes down?

So to summarize, I’m looking for advice on the 3rd member of this team. I’m not trying to replace Smeargle or Cloyster, but if you have any suggestions on their movesets or a more effective way to use them, that would be fine.

Thanks

IceArrow

Smash Lord
If you ever face a fighting type you are screwed. For smeargle use substitute instead of protect. For Excadrill get rid of swords dance and use iron head. If you want your team to get a lot better use Tyranitar and Jellicent instead of Smeargle and Cloyster because you have a huge Fighting weakness. If you do this than have Excadrill have a Ground Gem. If you refuse to get rid of the other two than give Excadrill a Chople Berry.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I don't play the games anymore I only play emulators but if you get phased your team seems kinda screwed.

Top Bottom