• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please rate my Ice Climbers.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I've only watched the first vid so far, but I have a few things to say.

You do a lot of desynchs that don't really help you. Especially against a character like Fox, you can get punished really badly for doing something like a close range ice block desynch. You also put yourself in a few bad positions that can easily be avoided by doing things like random offensive belays and using squall hammer to escape (which is fine against a lot of characters, but is pretty risky against Fox, especially on a small level like Yoshi's Story. I actually do this a lot too, lol).

You usually have better options than dthrow against fastfallers when Nana isn't close enough to do anything useful. Uthrow in particular works really well against a lot of people.

You should consider implementing wavelanding onto platforms into your game. A lot of people will shield when they're on a platform and you're below them, and you can just waveland next to them and start a CG.

Your use of squall hammer as an offensive move is amusing, but you usually have better options since squall hammer doesn't really lead to anything, whereas most other methods of stopping Fox's approach can lead into some sort of combo or grab.

Your edgeguarding needs work. You do a lot of flashy desynchs when Fox is off the stage, but it looks like they fail most of the time. Consider doing something more straightforward.

byron

Smash Apprentice
I've only watched the first vid so far, but I have a few things to say.

You do a lot of desynchs that don't really help you. Especially against a character like Fox, you can get punished really badly for doing something like a close range ice block desynch. You also put yourself in a few bad positions that can easily be avoided by doing things like random offensive belays and using squall hammer to escape (which is fine against a lot of characters, but is pretty risky against Fox, especially on a small level like Yoshi's Story. I actually do this a lot too, lol).

You usually have better options than dthrow against fastfallers when Nana isn't close enough to do anything useful. Uthrow in particular works really well against a lot of people.

You should consider implementing wavelanding onto platforms into your game. A lot of people will shield when they're on a platform and you're below them, and you can just waveland next to them and start a CG.

Your use of squall hammer as an offensive move is amusing, but you usually have better options since squall hammer doesn't really lead to anything, whereas most other methods of stopping Fox's approach can lead into some sort of combo or grab.

Your edgeguarding needs work. You do a lot of flashy desynchs when Fox is off the stage, but it looks like they fail most of the time. Consider doing something more straightforward.
fox/falco is my hardest matchup. the desynchs normaly help me edguard other people like marth or falcon but they dont work on fox/falco I guess.

I JUST LEARNED HOW TO WAVELAND SO UMM YEAH YOU WONT SEE THAT IN ALOT OF VIDEOS.

thanks for the advice tho. I found it really helpfull:)

PB&J

Smash Hero
it seems like u have the right i dea but all u need is exp..play more people and light sheild more and a bunch of times u would force ur nex attack when u play fox do gauranteed things or u will die but besides that

keep practicing play more people go to tournies and light shield alot

PB&J

Smash Hero
it seems like u have the right i dea but all u need is exp..play more people and light sheild more and a bunch of times u would force ur nex attack when u play fox do gauranteed things or u will die but besides that

keep practicing play more people go to tournies and light shield alot

byron

Smash Apprentice
Im going to Clash Of Brokeness 5 and Im going Ice Climbers the whole time.

also Im a bit confused what is soo good about the light sheild?

PB&J

Smash Hero
its like a push block and u wont get sheild poked as easy and its hard for them to follow up..just light sheild and wave dash out of shield to **** and try blizzard out of shiled to grab and keep your opponents away

schoin

Smash Cadet
This is probably debatable against a fox but when you try to save nana you use belay when instead a squall will leave you and nana much less vulnerable and yes if you tap B fast enough squall can cover an amazing vertical distance

OrangeMewtwo1337

Smash Cadet
Im going to Clash Of Brokeness 5 and Im going Ice Climbers the whole time.

also Im a bit confused what is soo good about the light sheild?
Although your light shield isn't as solid and defensive as your regular shield, its stong endurance provides long defenses against weak attacks that would otherwise have you shieldbreak or be afraid to hold your regular shield. The best example of this is Fox's blaster, which my friend would always annoyingly snipe at me with when he was a safe distance away. By light shielding, I could continuously block his no-knockback shots without having to worry about my shield breaking. I learned afterwards to approach him with wavedashing followed by light shielding, so now he doesn't do his ever so frusterating technique :)

Top Bottom