• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please, PLEASE don't use side special when the opponent is near an edge

Will Beachum

Smash Rookie
As a Little Mac fanatic, I've been hyped about him since he was announced. He was the only character I played at the Best Buy event in June. And as far as i'm concerned, using side-b is one of your worst options to close the gap between you and your opponent.

A lot of the times, what i'll usually do, is rush up and u-smash or dodge roll, then use jabs and THEN maybe use side-b from the ground.

But please, don't use side-b as a gap closer when your opponent is on the edge, it'll just end up worse for you.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Non of us do that, it's safe to do it full jump from middle FD, but because it exacly covers half of the stage. You can make him punch faster by pressing "B" again in the air, but the distance isn't shortened too much.

I can see where your frustration comes though, we all share that feeling.

Will Beachum

Smash Rookie
Non of us do that, it's safe to do it full jump from middle FD, but because it exacly covers half of the stage. You can make him punch faster by pressing "B" again in the air, but the distance isn't shortened too much.

I can see where your frustration comes though, we all share that feeling.
Yeah, one of my favorite risky moves on LM is jumping off the stage then side-b back on, hitting the other person. They never see it coming.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
I can do that telling my spacing BUT the problem is when it's an online match so it delays and then the input goes later and yes I fell off. Hate it. I have no problem doing it locally.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I'm sure it has use outside of recovery but I haven't found any GOOD use for it. You're barely invincible so you can't just fly by projectiles like we originally thought. I've seen people use it as an aerial but I don't do that. I might experiment a bit but I would just stay away from it unless recovering

Top Bottom