• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Help with buggy Gamecube controllers/adapter

TheFrozenFire

Smash Rookie
Recently, I've been having some troubles with my two controllers. Earlier today, when playing Brawl via Dolphin, my c-stick got stuck, and I kept doing down smashes. Later, I tried to use the adapter on the Wii U with Smash 4, the c-stick wasn't stuck anymore, but I got several new problems:
First I tried just my main controller (the smash themed one that came out in 2014) that had the c-stick problem, everything worked fine this time.
Second, I tried my second older controller (the original Gamecube controller), it seemed fine until I couldn't move my character in game. Oddly I could still move the cursor in the character select, and move around in the menus, but in a match, I can't move.
Next, I tired both at once, my main controller in the P1 port, and the older in the P2 port, when going in the character select menu, the main controller was P2, and the other was P1. In game, I still couldn't move with the second controller, and now the A button didn't work in game. To make things worse, after pausing with it, I couldn't unpause for some reason.
Finally, after being forced to reset my Wii U, I switched the two controller ports, my main was still P2 in game and the older was still P1, and the older controller still didn't work.
And to top off this onslaught of bull, when I went back to just using my main controller in the P1 port, now that controller stopped moving in game, along with all the previously mentioned problems I had with the old controller.
I genuinely have no idea what the hell to do, if anyone could please help that would be fantastic. It this some kind of problem after using the adapter with dolphin, or am I cursed?

Top Bottom