• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

please help me unlock luigi please. (my data may be glitched)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manik

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, i just started here the other day because i want to advance beyond my current level of skill which is very bad.
but on to the question, because i did not post this as a "meet and greet" topic.
I never really used unlocked characters that much, but now i want to unlock all of the characters. I have read that to unlock luigi you must finish the first adventure stage with a 2 in the seconds. I did that, multiple times, with Mario, Sheik, and Fox. Alright well i saw the little cinematic of luigi stomping his brother, and then defeated him and peach every time. Now heres where the bit of trouble comes in. I will clear the game, and then nothing will happen. there is no "a new challenger has appeared," followed by a fight with luigi. This is a problem because I have all the characters unlocked except for pichu, luigi, and game and watch, and i need to unlock luigi supposedly in order to get pichu (because it will unlock event #37 supposedly) and then after that i will get the chance to fight game and watch. does anyone know why i cant do a final battle with luigi? I thank you all in advance for any help you may have.
P.S. i used the search so that i would not annoy people if this is already a topic, but nothing turned up. i wasnt really sure what keywords i should be using either.
that is all.

Razed

Smash Ace
You have to do it without continuing... other than that, you're doing everything right.

Manik

Smash Rookie
Yeah i only used a continue once with fox. thats the part that gets me. is there anything else like minimum difficulty, stock limit, or otherwise?

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
That's pretty odd... you should have unlocked him by now. Sometimes the game skrews up, like one time when I was fooling around on normal adventure, I got about 3 continuations, but I still faced Giga Bowser, and I lost then, and Still faced Giga Bowser. Good luck unlocking Luigi.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
There is no minimum difficulty or stock level, so long as you don't continue. Just go on Very Easy with 5 Stock as your best character. Post back if it doesn't work still.

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
If you play a lot of verse matches you'll unlock him, I don't know the exact number, but I don't think it's very high(300 maybe). I don't know why you didn't unlock him before though.

taylorb9113

Smash Cadet
Hmm, should be working. You might have to beat Luigi/Peach in under 30 seconds, not sure on this though. (Not sure, don't kill me if I'm wrong everybody :p)

If that never works, you can just play 800 vs Matches and you will fight him.
Pichu - 200 vs matches or Event 37
Game and Watch - 1000 vs matches or complete all Target Tests

Razed

Smash Ace
That's pretty odd... you should have unlocked him by now. Sometimes the game skrews up, like one time when I was fooling around on normal adventure, I got about 3 continuations, but I still faced Giga Bowser, and I lost then, and Still faced Giga Bowser. Good luck unlocking Luigi.
Facing giga bowser has nothing to do with continuations- just the amount of time you beat the game in

mexleo1225

Smash Rookie
Did you beat Luigi in under a minute? Did you do it without continuing? If it still doesn't work, then I'd just play 800 vs. matches if that doesn't work, well...idk

pdk

Smash Lord
just use the old "lvl-9-ness-in-jungle-japes" trick to unlock everyone in a couple days

Manik

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the help everyone. I think im just going to go for the 200 matches to get pichu, and then ill beat classic and adventure with every character besides luigi, still getting the 2 in seconds requisite for luigi in the meantime in order to get ready for game and watch. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom