• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please help me substitute an automatic L-cancelling code for the current manual one.

KingJacob

Smash Apprentice
I am not trying to argue that automatic L-canceling is superior to manual L-canceling, I just want to change my own copy, so that it will be more enjoyable for my casual friends.

I have a friend that only plays Brawl because the few times he has played Project M or Melee, the game felt slow and clunky to him. I think that because he won't learn to L-cancel, he is put at an immediate disadvantage against me, and just can't execute a lot of the combos in the game. It also makes all of his aerials feel slower and less useful. I think the game would be far more enjoyable to he and other casuals like my family members if automatic l-canceling was in the game instead of manual L-canceling. I also know that automatic l-canceling codes have existed since the days of Brawl+

However, I know nothing about coding really. I can easily get project m to work on my console, but without instructions, I am sure that I will never understand how to swap out the current L-canceling code for an automatic one. Ideally, I want the game to play exactly the same as it does now, but with L-cancels happening automatically. Please help me if you can.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
"Plays Brawl"
"Thinks Melee is slow"
You don`t need to know how to L-Cancel, Wavedash, Waveland, or any advanced technique that would speed up the game to know that Melee is obviously faster but that aside.
I remember someone making a auto L-Cancelling GCT for the previous version so that guy (or someone else) will eventually make an auto L-Cancel GCT sometime soon.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I have a friend that only plays Brawl because the few times he has played Project M or Melee, the game felt slow and clunky to him.
what kind of mental gymnastics do you have to do to come to this conclusion

KingJacob

Smash Apprentice
For all I know, he meant that it felt like he was going slow compared to me or something. It is not like I agree with him about the speed of the game. I personally find it to be far far better than Brawl. I am just looking to make the game smoother for some one who disagrees with the concept of L-canceling and refuses to learn it. That way I can play more evenly with him, and have more fun myself as well.

Ginge

Smash Ace
It'll probably show up in the customized content section when someone makes it for version 3.0 or 3.0b

Top Bottom