• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Help Me Improve My Samus!

Saigon

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, after jumping around characters for the last few months I finally settled on Samus. I have trouble netting kills on for glory however, and my combo game is pretty whack. If anyone has any tips or techs they can share with me, I would be grateful.

-_ellipsis_-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HCLargesse
Also, you may be interested in joining the Samus Skype group chat for this board. You can pretty easily connect with other Samus mains and practice together :)

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Also my guide:

http://smashboards.com/guides/outsmarting-mother-brain.343/

Top 3 tips:
1) Stop rolling (for the most part), use short hop air dodge (SHAD). You can land a bair out of it, and that is a kill move.
2) Learn to upb OoS until you do it on reaction. This replaces your shield grab against most attacks (if they are spaced close enough to hit). You can still grab really laggy attacks.
3) Pummel once whenever you land a grab.

For kills, you basically have bair, CS, fsmash, and upb for direct kills.

For gimps, you have fair, nair, dair, uncharged shot, etc.

Shield breaks are a realistic strategy against someone that shields a lot. A shield break is death against samus starting at about 30% (depending on character) because of the dirty bomb:

Last edited:
Top Bottom