• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please help me against falco PLEASE!!!!!!!

Falco V Sheik

• Sheiks Favor 55/45

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Even 50/50

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Falcos Favor 55/45

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Mo0seHead

Smash Rookie
Ok recently I've been playing sheik again and I been gathering more info on every matchup again and My main struggles are actually with Falco. I've never had much trouble with the spacies before but now I feel like Falco honestly beats sheik just as much as Fox. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

P.S. I also want your opinion on the matchup below to see if people share the same opinion

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
the MU changes at various levels of play (as with the vast majority of the MUs)
I believe the MU is even at top level
Falco wins below that

my advice is to be very conservative with using cc'able options.
space safe bairs. take obvious grabs. look for the grab always.
abuse platforms and shield drops.
deal with lasers properly (learn to work around them on platforms, or straight up take them and move asap)

if the falco has good punish game you need to learn to use sdi. the difference between di away and proper perpendicular di+sdi is quite big.
also know when you're forced to tech - 99% chance the falco will follow up before this point, if he can (it's possible). So dont "tech" prematurely and be forced to mistech a second after.

edit: by "look for the grab always" I do NOT mean stand in shield spamming shield grab.
I mean taking obvious grab oportunities like messes up tech skill
or a spaced aerial on shield -> dash back that baited a punishable reaction out
a badly DI'd ftilt at lower percents that the best followup is actually grab and so on.

look for grab means that grab is the goal of neutral and the exchanges of neutral, when possible

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
also look for bad falco mistakes
learn how to handle them properly
double laser from ledge, side b from ledge or during recovery, predictable lasers, dair from ledge comes to mind

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
another tip: get your techchase started off of a knockdown. I see tons of sheiks try and follow up their hits with dash attack or ftilt but in reality the hit knocked them down and so instead of directly following up, you chase that tech option down and grab them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom