• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please help me :_:

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
My friends Olimar is insane.

He throws Pikmin like a madman so projectiles are out of the question, I CANNOT approach well due to the range and strength of Fsmash and Usmash, and if I do manage to get close enough its shieldgrabapalooza!

I can use almost all characters ( except olimar, snake, and Fox) but i still havent found a good solid counter.

What are some of olimars WORST matchups? Does he fail to certain moves!? I have a tourney coming up and If I get second to him ill burst into tears...

can anyone help? ='(

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It is very sad to see these types of threads. If I tell you his weaknesses, I might be keeping him from winning a tourney, which would rep Olimar if he were to win. If I don't, you'll get pissed.

err...

So my question back to you is this: How large a tourney is it?

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
wow it sucks how u cant use fox b/c if could, u couldve reflected his mad pikmin. can u use TL? if yes, u should projectile him. u can also try a hit and run

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Curse my willpower...Meta....errughh...*cringes*

Excellence

Smash Champion
wow it sucks how u cant use fox b/c if could, u couldve reflected his mad pikmin. can u use TL? if yes, u should projectile him. u can also try a hit and run
Toon Link's projectiles CANNOT get through Pikmin spam and he is forced to approach Olimar, as a result Olimar ***** him. The only thing Toon Link has over Olimar is hit Up Air and speed within the air, otherwise he fails to compare. Try and do just a bit more research before you post a counter. :psycho:

Anyway, you're in the wrong section if you want to find a way to beat Olimar. My advice to you is peel through every matchup thread and look for yourself, he's always a hard matchup. Expect to lose.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
I doubt you helping me out here will help gimp other Olimars in tourneys >_> Olimar WILL be top tier. Id bet my account on it XD.
Im here and not on a matchup thread because this board is where knowledgeable Oli mainers go and they know him inside and out. You cant get advice like that on a Matchup thread.

So a certain mask wearing top tier character fares well? How so? You'd think that Olimar's Usmash would **** him but look at my mains in my sig... what the hell do I know? XD

Awex

Smash Lord
Marth and Metaknight.

Those two give me the most trouble with Oli. But I can't say I have consistent practice with a Marth player.

*shrugs*

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
finally

Marth and Metaknight.

Those two give me the most trouble with Oli. But I can't say I have consistent practice with a Marth player.

*shrugs*
whats this!?!?!? a straight answer!!!?

lol jk. Thanks dude Ill pick up MK AND Martha (yes Marth is a girl)

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i'de have to say G & W...I play vs. OBM (best GW i've seen irl and on videos no doubt) and he consistantly beats me. I've only taken 1 match off of him in a tourney or a friendly. So, MK def. and peach. Marth can be extremely gay and gimp oli easy but he's very easy and very predictable if you've played melee a lot. They like to spam fairs like mad men and then go for the tipper. Get used to it and marth is ezmode ^^

Mega Counters:
Peach
MK

Awex

Smash Lord
i'de have to say G & W...I play vs. OBM (best GW i've seen irl and on videos no doubt) and he consistantly beats me. I've only taken 1 match off of him in a tourney or a friendly. So, MK def. and peach. Marth can be extremely gay and gimp oli easy but he's very easy and very predictable if you've played melee a lot. They like to spam fairs like mad men and then go for the tipper. Get used to it and marth is ezmode ^^

Mega Counters:
Peach
MK
You need to play a really good Marth main who knows the matchup to see how difficult it can be. =/

U good with snake?
He can solve ALL your problems FOREVER.
lol no.

Top Bottom