• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLEASE HELP! Gecko OS for Wii.

Man_With_Thooo

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I've been trying to get Brawl+ to work on my Wii, but of course first I need the Homebrew Channel and Gecko OS. I use 4.0, so I was able to get the Homebrew Channel properly working using the Bannerbomb method. But for some reason, I can't get Gecko OS to work.

I've followed several tutorials such as this one and other very similar ones, all of which involve putting the Gecko OS files in the apps folder of my SD card. I've done that, but I can't get it to work on my Wii. Whenever I insert my SD card in and run the Homebrew Channel, the Homebrew Channel appears empty.

Please help me. What am I doing wrong?

Btw, if you need to know, my SD Card is a 4GB SDHC. :D

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Move this to Smash Workshop.

The reason why it doesn't work is because there's a glitch in Homebrew Channel that it doesn't read SDHC but it reads SD cards and USB drives. They're fixing that for their next version.

You can use "SendElf" (wiibrew it if you don't know) to send the Gecko OS DOL file directly to your wii via network and execute Gecko OS that way.

Downgrade to 3.2
That is a seriously wrong answer, you don't need to have 3.2 to get Gecko OS working, it's an HBC issue.

Top Bottom