• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please give me feedback on my Dedede. :)

Murdstone

Smash Rookie
Try d-throw > bair at early percentage so you don't catch any flak from fair's landing lag. Pay more attention to the edge for the regrab, especially with that link. Don't throw out short hop dairs and watch your rolls. Also think more about how you can use gordo setups for frame traps.

Pretty solid though.

Oh also you're not wearing purple.

Last edited:

EBgamesEvan45

Smash Rookie
NNID
EBgamesEvan45
3DS FC
3325-2552-0993
Sounds like a plan!
Thanks for the feedback, and I do use the purple skin occasionally, and I call it pimp-D

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
Only watched the second match. I would not say you have a bad rolling habit. You did whiff a lot of grabs where you could not have possibly grabbed him, and he didn't punish you for it. You threw an aerial every time you landed, usually nair, and that got you Fsmashed. Try landing with inhale as a mixup, you can b-reverse it too to fake them out. The biggest things you didn't do was shield grab, jab into grab, or use gordo.

All that said, you played pretty well. Aptly named video mate!

dreamastermind

Smash Cadet
I was surprised you got in between links up smash in the first video. Very impressive. Are these friends you play against online or at home? Online, lag can cause miss imputs and wrong moves all the time so I wouldn't penalize anybody for that. However, Dedede gets very penalized from landing lag so he suffers online a lot.
Anyway, the only advice I can give is more gordos. Especially when someone is in the air or against captain screw up. Link is tricky though, his projectiles reflect a lot of what we can do. But gordo has a lot of utility. Take my video against captain falcon for example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5fL3VdmmRE

I use the gordo in several ways, a distraction from a dash attack, to protect me from aerials while I do an inhale, and to combo into more attacks. On his last stock, if I had remembered to turn around and face the ledge so that I'd grab it instead of landing on the stage, I would have ended it much sooner I'm sure, but I lost the opportunity to edge guard. Oh well.

Top Bottom