• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playtime: Where do you want it?

Where are you going to play SSB for 3DS?

• Total voters

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
We've talked here and there about the benefits of true, wide-range portability for the 3DS version of SSB, but here's the place to declare your kingdom. Where are you gonna throw down the gauntlet? Will you build a pillow fort in your living room and stay there while you murder Multi-Man Miis? Or will you traverse great distances to battle everywhere possible?

Myself, I tend to play my 3DS while watching TV (multi-taskers unite!), using the potty (til my legs are numb, sometimes...), and at restaurants with my best friend. However, I also have been known to play while waiting for the movie to start at the movies, or during breaks from work/rehearsal. I guess I really fall into the "everywhere" category.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
I will play on the toilet, in the school cafeteria, waiting to get picked up from school, in my bed, on a long car or plane ride, in a hotel while on vacation, and EVERYWHERE possible.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm gonna be using it on my chair
while on the Computer
with Smashboards open
Just like with X/Y. :D

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
At home sitting on my couch or on the bus while traveling to and from work. :)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The vote counter.
3 Votes - 50%
3 Votes - 50%
1 Vote - 16.7%
0 Votes - 0.0%
5 Votes - 83.3%

50 + 50 + 16.7 + 83.3 = OVER 100 SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT

Raijinken

Smash Master
It'll basically be on the go, or sitting on the couch where I'd normally be playing a console version.

The vote counter.
3 Votes - 50%
3 Votes - 50%
1 Vote - 16.7%
0 Votes - 0.0%
5 Votes - 83.3%

50 + 50 + 16.7 + 83.3 = OVER 100 SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT
Multi-answer votes are tallied by the number of people who pick each option. So if everyone who answers included the last option, it would have 100%.

Last edited:

_Kun_

Smash Cadet
Once this game releases, I will use this everywhere…. (Long Dramatic Pause)

A Wild Little Boo With A Mario Hat Appears Out Of The Darkness And Cries! :
I will go where no 64, Gamecube, Wii, or Emulator has gone before! :3

By the way I picked every option…

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It'll basically be on the go, or sitting on the couch where I'd normally be playing a console version.

Multi-answer votes are tallied by the number of people who pick each option. So if everyone who answers included the last option, it would have 100%.
When you have two options both having 50% of the votes, then another option having over 80% of them, it isn't right. <__>

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman
Home and anywhere I go. 3DS version will be my main version

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My room; perfect for when I get up early for no reason at 3 AM and can't sleep :3

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
My room; perfect for when I get up early for no reason at 3 AM and can't sleep :3
Happens to me all the time and have nothing to do now i can go and play online smash bros at 3 in the morning without disturbing anyone

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Anywhere and everywhere, where appropriate. lol
On the couch, in the car, on campus, while laying down on bed during nights when I can't sleep. I can only imagine the many instances where this game will take me away.

Last edited:

Crawful

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5238-2711
I'm gonna be playing Smash Brothers in my sleep. When this game comes out I'm never putting down my game.
I'm so sorry for my Animal Crossing town. Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire AND Smash Brothers are coming out so soon, not to mention Bayo2 and Hyrule Warriors.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Throughout my house but mainly in my room... While watching tv or the internet (multitask ftw!)

Another option will be in the breaks between classes or in the dead hours of school

Khao

Smash Lord
In my room, because it's my ****ing room.

Downstairs, because I don't get a decent Wi-Fi connection in my room.

On the bus/train, because yes.

At my job, because we're all huge freaking nerds and they'll have the game too.

While waiting for my food to be ready if I'm eating out somewhere where waiting for your food is a thing. (Meaning most places where the food is actually good.)

While at friend's houses, if we all decide to like, watch something I've already watched or I just don't like. Because otherwise I'd have to watch it too.

The possibilities are endless.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
At home and probably at university as well, though if I was taking it to uni I'd want to invest in one of those add-ons that increases the battery life, since I usually have my 3DS on at uni for Streetpass. In theory I could play on the bus and train as well, but whenever I'm on public transport I get really paranoid about missing my stop. If I knew I had a long wait I probably would though.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I voted the first 3. I'll be playing in my room, downstairs, everywhere in my house, except the bathroom. I don't want my 3DS to fall in there :p This poll gets me even more hyped for this game.

SaturnFrost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaturnFrost
Every where..Cant list 1 place because I'll be playing it every time I get free time.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Where do I want it? Oh, my...Embarrass

Around the house. I don't want to take it out too often lest I drop or lose it.

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
Say!
I play Smash 3DS!
I do!! I play it, Sa-ku-rai!
And I would play it in a boat!
And I would play it with a goat...
And I will play it in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
It is so good so good you see!

So I will play it in a box.
And I will play it with a fox.
And I will play it in a house.
And I will play it with a mouse.
And I will play it here and there.
Say! I will play it ANYWHERE!

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
Say!
I play Smash 3DS!
I do!! I play it, Sa-ku-rai!
And I would play it in a boat!
And I would play it with a goat...
And I will play it in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
It is so good so good you see!

So I will play it in a box.
And I will play it with a fox.
And I will play it in a house.
And I will play it with a mouse.
And I will play it here and there.
Say! I will play it ANYWHERE!
LOL Well put

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Throughout my house (not sure about the bathroom thing though :laugh: ), outdoors sometimes, and just about anywhere! Especially when my mom is shopping. :laugh:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Only option I didn't tick is tournaments, since they don't seem to exist over here. I'll use it a lot in college though.

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
I'll probably take it to the rec and play on a bike or an elliptical.
Because I'm all fit like that.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Anywhere in my house.
Outside is a high risk zone where my 3DS and Smash Bros are at risk of being stolen.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Anywhere that has the possibility of being a convenient place to play not just in general, but also to play online matches as I see myself playing LOTS of "For Glory" mode when the 3DS version comes out. In other words, my house, when I get another job and I find myself on break, (30 minutes alone would be enough to squeeze in a few Smash Run matches), restaurants as it sometimes takes a while for your order to come out of the kitchen depending on how packed the restaurant in question is. As for Online, besides me or a friends house, places like McDonalds, Barnes and Noble, and any other public place with FREE Wi-Fi should do the trick.

And last, but certainly not least, anytime I find myself needing to release a slimy and nasty brown hostage from my clutches, smash 4 on the 3DS will be perfect for killing time while he makes his escape :p

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Anywhere in my house. I don't take my 3DS with me when I leave, because I am scared of it being stolen.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
Anywhere in my house. I don't take my 3DS with me when I leave, because I am scared of it being stolen.
Why dont you just keep it in your pocket at all times

Top Bottom