• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

playstyle advice/feedback

tomato123

Smash Rookie
sorry if this is something that's been posted before... i'm new to these forums so i don't know much of the technical terms to what i'm about to describe but i am completely committed to learning so i hope my questions don't get too annoying! ;)

anyhow, my main character from Melee was Sheik and my bread and butter strategy was to run up and sprint attack my opponent(s) and start off a combo of smash hits, and similarly with fox/pikachu. But in brawl i've been having a tough time transitioning and i've observed that almost every time i use the same method, whatever fighting is going on will always override the sprint attack so i just end up getting caught up in someone else's attack, and it also seems like the sprints aren't as fast so people just know it's coming and can react. So this kind of playstyle for me seems to be getting killed especially by the mid-range big hitters and i was wondering if anyone can give any feedback or advice with the transitioning from melee playstyle to brawl.

also, i've been browsing around some of the character forums and so far the mains i'd like to learn to use are Toon Link and Lucario (and sheik if it turns out she wasn't as nerfed as i thought based on my first impressions) but again, i'm farily new to the terminology so i don't know half the stuff that's being talked about, so if anyone can give me some general playing tips for these two characters i'd appreciate it, thanks!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You need to understand that its 2 different Games. Things that worked in melee wont work in brawl or not as good. And that style of yours seems obvious and easy to punish. cause you use the same set up to start your combos and kills. So thats another reason you could have problems.

But ether way, you have to learn to switch things up. Doing the same thing to go in and deal damage wont work all the time. Brawl is a different game. So you have to get use to that and Learn new things with your character.

Top Bottom