• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playover or Game Over! 01/30 B'ham, AL*

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Monthly Brawl Tourny - Birmingham, AL - Jan 30th,2010 - Singles and Doubles
Sup Homies we're back yet again to bring the smash community back to b'ham. We're here to give
players a safe environment to have smash tournies,and have a good time. So hope to see you guys soon.

Also with a enough interest we can throw a melee side tourney. Who wants Melee?

Where?

Play over Games and Movies

1824 Avenue East Ensley, Birmingham, AL 35218
One block up from the Police Station
(205) 276-4301 ask for Isaac

*If you're mapquesting/google maps use this for your ending address.
1824 Avenue E
Birmingham, AL 35218-1536

When?

Saturday Jan 30th at 1pm.

Registration starts at 11am.

Pot

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

$10 for venue

Singles: $10
Doubles $20 per team

Plz Pre-reg
Name:
Any equipment if you can bring anything(we need Wii's):

1v1 with the possibility of 2v2 if enough interest is expressed AND if time allows. During the summer, we will be doing both Singles AND Teams, with the possibility of Melee if enough interest is expressed.

BYOC as always.but grab a spare for the unfortunate few who forget this. xD

current stage list

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpick Stages

Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

in doubles,Luigis Mansion,Norfair, and PS2 are Counterpick.

Best 2/3
3 stocks.
10 min. time limit
Double Elimination
Final Round 3/5

You can't play the same stage more than once in a set. This is not the same as Dave's stupid rule. If this rule is ignored and it results in a loss of a set, this must be reported before the set match is over, otherwise no johns.lets just throw in Dave's Stupid Rule....

You may double blind for the first match of any set. Tell a nearby player or tournament staff that you would like to double blind, and both players tell them which character they are using. Both players must pick that character for the first match.

For the first match in any set, the players may agree on a stage to be used
out of the starter stage list.

Each player may knock out 1 stage to be banned for that set only. If you happen to random it, restart the match on a different random stage.

When you lose your first match, you must tell the winning player which stage you choose, or elect to go random. The winning player gets to change characters if they want, and then the losing player may change their character.

If you are counterpicking with Pokemon Trainer or Shiek, you must specify which character/pokemon you are starting with before they change their character. For instance, you can't pick PT, then they pick pikachu, then you change to Charizard. You must declare which Pokemon you wish to start with before they choose.

Any game-breaking glitches which stall the match or freeze the character indefinitely can not be used. This game is fairly new still so if you happen to discover one while at the tournament or use one that I have not seen/heard about before, it will not be allowed.IDC is banned,IC fusion glitch is not.
this includes Planking, if you dont know what that is, its excessive ledge stalling in a way where its almost impossible to get hit(mostly used by Metaknight)its banned so dont use it

Standing infinites are not allowed just D3's is banned

No pausing will be allowed unless it is to report a technical difficulty or possible cheating. Please take care of all personal matters and turn off your phone before the match starts.

Please configure your settings before you begin your set, and make sure that you are on the correct name before you start. Each wii will have names created with 1-4 which all have tap-jump off(noup1-4). Again, please check before the match starts.

* Players using a wireless controller that synchs to a game station (such as Wii Remote, Nunchuk, and/or Classic Controller) are required to remove their batteries when not playing matches in order to prevent interference. Players interfering with other players games due to wireless connection, whether intentional or unintentional, will be penalized by a Judge/Referee/Director as seen fit.

* In case of technical problems (e.g. power outage, game interference, etc.) a Referee will make all decisions regarding the game. To quickly recalibrate your controller, hold both jump buttons and the start button for approximately 3 seconds (X+Y & Start on the GCN controller).

* "Stock Sharing" in Doubles is allowed (press both A + B buttons/1 & 2 on Wiimote) when one player has exhausted stock to share a stock from a teammate.

* When a match is called, all players from each Team are expected to arrive and play on a timely basis. Should a Team not report for their match within a 5 minute grace period that Team will be called to their station with a 2 minute time limit. At the end of the 2 minute limit, should the Team still not arrive, that Team forfeits the Round (announced by a Judge/Referee). Another 2 minute warning is announced and the process is repeated until the Team has forfeited enough Rounds to lose the entire Set or has arrived in time to complete their Set.

* No refunds for Admission Fee, Entrance Fee, etc, and there will be no compensation for these fees for any reason.

* In the case of a tie, the “Tie Breaking” rules will be applied (see below).

* One “Round Win” is recorded for the Team remaining in the game when all other Teams’ stocks have been eliminated before the timer runs out (as pronounced by the game‘s victory declaration at the end of a game). The Team with a “Round Win” is considered for all purposes to be the winning Team of this Round and all opposing Teams are considered for all purposes the losing Team of this Round.

* One “Set Win” is recorded for the first Team to achieve enough “Round Wins” in a Set as determined by the format (“Best of 1” requires 1 Round Win, “Best of 3” requires 2 Round Wins, and “Best of 5” requires 3 Round Wins). The Set is complete when a Team achieves a “Set Win” through accumulated “Round Wins”.

* In case of time-out, the winner is the Team with the most total Stock. Exception: if the time runs out and a Player has accumulated more than 25 Ledge Grabs, that Player forfeits all remaining Stock when determining the winner.

* In the case that Teams are eliminated at the same time (E.G. with “Suicide” attacks, coincidental KOs, or when the timer expires), the resulting Sudden Death is not used for Tie Breaking purposes. Instead, a “Tie Breaker” game is played (see below).

Tie Breaker Game Rules
1) Stock count is changed to: 1
2) Characters remain unchanged
3) The same stage as played previously is selected
4) Winner of the Tie Breaker Game is awarded the “Round Win”.

Tactics that go against fair play will result in a warning or forfeiture on part of the player using them. These types of actions include, but are not limted to: excessive stalling, unnecessary/excessive pausing, disabling the opponent's controller, and using glitches/hacks/etc that freeze characters or otherwise make the round unplayable.

All players are expected to participate with an attitude of Good Sportsmanship. It is common sportsmanship, upon ending a tournament set, to shake the other player's hand regardless of winning or losing. All attendees, and their possessions, are to be respected, as are the tournament hosts/organizers and the venue.

Players exhibiting poor sportsmanship are subject to warnings or removal from the tournament as deemed by the Tournament Organizers.

If at any time I catch you playing a friendly while tournament play is still happening that I have not approved, you will be warned and if ignored, you will be kicked out of the tournament. Friendly matches must be approved by tournament staff as to ensure the tournament ends in a timely fashion.

if i missed anything i should discuss just post here,now...

COME GET THIS MONEY /caps

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmm looks nice, theres a venue and it's close to a Police Station.

It seems possible

Add me and V3GA for interested.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, this stage list favors Falco a ton...

Questions:

Is ledgestalling/circle camping legal?

Is D3's small step chaingrab legal?

And how about chaingrabs in place that aren't infinites? Falco, Olimar, Peach, Pikachu, Wario, and perhaps even Kirby (dthrow on Fox? xD) all have standing chaingrabs on some characters, but have percent limits. Also, D3's standing chaingrab on Luigi is escapable granted you've got good escaping habits. It's not a true infinite.

edit: I like that Yoshi's and lylat aren't legal starters though. ;)
Now, FD... that's a different story...

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Dan

I'd rather play on Norfair every match, then sit through a match on FD
x.x I hate that stage.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
@dan.

excessive ledgestalling(planking or w/e) is not allowed, if some metaknight is doing it a little its ok as its a legit strategy,i can just limit how many times you can ledgegrab before its considered stalling in which you will forfeit a match.
D3's small step CG is legas,as its not a standing infinite.
%dependent CG are legal as theyre not infinites(something like Pikachus's QAC lock is an example here)

and SK92 is in vegas(where the ruleset came from)so....lol

and i think Luigi's was recently banned, its possible to have it unbanned if ya got a a legit reason to keep it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
No
we can do without Lugi's mansion.

It's a campfest
and Olimar and Dk can **** face there.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks for the info, mc-killa.

No
we can do without Lugi's mansion.

It's a campfest
and Olimar and Dk can **** face there.
That's the point. :lick:

edit: Come to think of it, G&W is even better than Oli there. It's impossible to kill him.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
A few rules need to be revised to a certain extent.

If you are allowing MK to do a tad bit a planking, then ICs should be allowed to infinite No standing infinite should be banned except D3's.

Yoshi's should be a neutral, as should PS1.

Jungle Japes should be banned (a slightly biased opinion.)

Just throw in Dave's stupid rule. Granted that there should only be 3 neutrals, anyone should be allowed to go to the same stage.

Ban IDC.

What's the rule on suicide wins?

Big venue fee... :dizzy:

Did you mean Advance Slob Picks on this paragraph?

When you lose your first match, you must tell the winning player which stage you choose, or elect to go random. The winning player gets to change characters if they want, and then the losing player may change their character.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I don't know why AIB is soooooo set on PS1 being a neutral. There shouldn't be a neutral where I can dtilt lock characters on two parts of the stages. Or if I'm Ike or Pit, do a chain grab infinite. It just doesn't seem fair at all. Not to mention the windmill stage that can easily turn a game around for someone who can't tech as well as others.

I'm fine with YI being a neutral.

Btw having that this will be starting in January wouldn't it be ideal to using at least some of the new rules established by T!mmy?

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
A few rules need to be revised to a certain extent.

If you are allowing MK to do a tad bit a planking, then ICs should be allowed to infinite No standing infinite should be banned except D3's.
ill take it into consideration,considering ICS have many other CGs they can use that are just as effective...

Yoshi's should be a neutral, as should PS1.
yoshis maybe, but not PS1

Jungle Japes should be banned (a slightly biased opinion.)

Just throw in Dave's stupid rule. Granted that there should only be 3 neutrals, anyone should be allowed to go to the same stage.

Ban IDC.
ok.
What's the rule on suicide wins?
bowser/ganoncides are win for bowser/ganon.
Big venue fee... :dizzy:
ill speak to issac on that one...
Did you mean Advance Slob Picks on this paragraph?
which one?its probably a yes...
I don't know why AIB is soooooo set on PS1 being a neutral. There shouldn't be a neutral where I can dtilt lock characters on two parts of the stages. Or if I'm Ike or Pit, do a chain grab infinite. It just doesn't seem fair at all. Not to mention the windmill stage that can easily turn a game around for someone who can't tech as well as others.

I'm fine with YI being a neutral.

Btw having that this will be starting in January wouldn't it be ideal to using at least some of the new rules established by T!mmy?
i havent seen them yet...
look for the orange....gonna update some today...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
YI is terrible as a starter. What about it is even fairly neutral?

*inserts a long list of flaws*

And could you be more specific on what you define as stalling? A definition of planking would be nice.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Classification of Stages (Rules for Starters, Counterpicks, and
The following rules are used to determine a stage's classification and availability for competitive play.
Classification of "Neutral" Stages:
Average-sized boundaries (neither too high/wide nor too short/low)
One solid floor of appropriate length
No vertical walls
No solid ceilings
No walk-off edges
No screen scrolling
No environmental damage
No stage elements that disrupt competitive play

Classification of Counterpick Stages:
As above except:
May contain random elements with little impact on play
Any screen-movement may only be minor
Classification of Banned Stages:
Contains edges that are 'Walk-off' (e.g. Bridge of Eldin/Distant Planet)
Has one or more vertical walls (e.g. Corneria/Shadow Moses Island)
Excessive stage/screen scrolling/transformation (e.g. Rumble Falls/Mushroomy Kingdom)
Creates Environmental Damage (e.g. Spear Pillar/Port Town Aero Drive)
Has a design that greatly invites camping/keep-away/stalling (e.g. Temple/Hanenbow)
Contains stage elements disruptive to competitive play (e.g. Skyworld/Luigi's Mansion)
With those classifications in place we get the following stages:
Neutral Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Counterpick Stages
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Frigate Orpheon
Extended Counterpick Stages
Some stages are "mostly" viable for competitive play, but contain one or more elements that can greatly affect an otherwise skill-based outcome. Since they are not completely viable for a serious, competitive tournament they are considered "Extended Counterpicks".

Any Tournament Organizer who wishes to use Extended Counterpicks must list which stages are available specifically in the tournament's rules so that players will be prepared ahead of time. It is also recommended that the T.O. use the optional "Stage Banning" rules when Extended Counterpicks are allowed. (see the Complete Rules for Stage Banning rules).
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise
If no Extended Counterpicks are written into the rules, they remain Banned. Extended Conterpicks are considered based on the normal Counterpick definitions with exceptions for moderate hazards including temporary walk-offs, temporary vertical walls, and Minor Environmental Damage.
T!mmy's stage rules.

I could browse around and get the other ones for you, if you'd like.

Edit:
Actually I'll just link you
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=121535

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hype bump

+1 post count

xD and I wasn't saying use all of the new rule set.

Everyone make sure you check em out. They're a bit different and I'm sure T!mmy would love some opinions on them.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Alright thats understandable.

isn't Isaac rawr kon? So he'll be attending?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Norfair is the greatest stage and should at least be legal in teams *frowny face*

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Probably not going to end up going to this. Mass Effect 2 takes priority.

matt4300

Smash Ace
WTF.... I just came from the alabama thread... I had no idea we had a smash scene! ****... I WILL get in on this. Finally all the years wasted not knowing we had tournys so close to me!

Expensive though... I'm tempted to bring 10 for venue... and just play freindlys. If thats possible. I really just wanna get in on the Bham smash scene. Meet some smashers near me.

I really wanna start pimping Brawl + there 2 if you guys will have it.I'd Just bring a setup for friendlys. Or just my Sd card with + on it. Nothing big. You guys interested?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I might be at this, if there are at least 5 other people participating in melee. Door fee is a tad high for me to come unless I can win it back.

The only other reason I might not be at this place is because my parents think the venue may be unsafe due to its location. A small statement regarding its safety may ease their minds.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Ooooo, I know this place. I told the store people about Tio and they gave me a free discount card.

I still need to bring my 360 to them for some repairs.

Also, police station is right in front of the store. Crime in that area would be ********.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
yeah, a police station in front of you is TOTALLY unsafe....

bout the venue fee, no promises but i can probobly work out 5/15 - venue/entry fee...depending on how many people come for melee what should the entry fee be?(your thoughts?xD)

zero, maybe your lolwii can be used as a melee setup xD...oh and if anyone has spare GC power cords, bring one...

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Hmm, I can come if zero gives me a ride lol. =D
I will probably be bringing a melee setup, if not, I will bring a brawl one.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'll come to your place if thats ok with you, just name a time (we can even practice early if you want)
here comes a small explanation, just cause im bored. heh

Well, my car broke, but even it was working, they don't want me arriving at the venue before the tourny starts because I might wander around (which i said i wouldnt)and get shot somehow. They have to be somewhere w/ my sister at the time the tourny starts, so they can't drop me off on time. Any else think my parents are paranoid? or is that all parents?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Come to my place at around... 10:00 AM. I'll be at the 2573 C Mountain Lodge Circle apartment.

Also, this place has drinks and snacks for very good prices (50 cents for a can of soda!)

Top Bottom