• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playng Online With Mac

lewisbn11

Smash Rookie
OS X 10.3

it happened, i ran my mouth about playing. i got a mac now. its potentially good enough. Ive searched the forum nothing about playing on mac any help? project 64 on mac?

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
Mupen64 can be loaded and played on using a Virtual Console.

Metà

Smash Master
I think your main problem is not that you can't run the emulators on your Mac, the biggest problem here is simply that you're using a Mac...

lewisbn11

Smash Rookie
so the conclusion to this? has anyone been able to play online with a mac? i can't take this any longer I have waited a year for this.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Here's what you have to do:

Download Apple Boot Camp from the Apple website, then install Windows on your computer (it'll only take up about 5Gb). From there, you can use any emulator. It's the only way you'll be able to play online, but it works fine; I used my MacBook in Egypt to play online while I was there. The only bad part is you have to buy Windows, but if you can't spare $50 then you shouldn't be playing Smash online.

-MR

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Macs are more stable and "faster" overall, and are great for jobs, schools, etc, while Windows has more stuff.

You can't play project64k or whatever on a mac though - you'll have to emulate or get windows. Yukihana emulated it once, and it didn't lag at all, so it's not that bad.

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
Macs are more stable and "faster" overall, and are great for jobs, schools, etc, while Windows has more stuff.

You can't play project64k or whatever on a mac though - you'll have to emulate or get windows. Yukihana emulated it once, and it didn't lag at all, so it's not that bad.
Mac's run windows better than a PC does.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Except Macs are a totally pain to troubleshoot. Taking apart to a Mac just to check the RAM takes about 2 hours vs 1 minute for a PC. Plus mac hard drives die after like 3 days lol.

Top Bottom