• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing with Shiek WITH lag

ReoZeo

Smash Journeyman
For a few days, I've been hesistant about using Shiek in battles due to the lag. I cannot set up any combos, for example with the ftilt, cause it lags enough that the opponent can get out of it everytime maybe after 2-3 hits maximum! I've been thinking about just using another character for laggy opponents, but does anyone have an idea or advice they would give about this situation?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you mean the ftilt?

playing online sheik with lag IMO lol:
1. roll away and needle
2. use mash A instead of timing to tilt lock

3. jk just pick someone more useful in lag instead lol

(i use ike lucario and snake online ftw)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ya Sheiks pretty bad online, Zelda on the other hand is great. So use her if your into her.

ReoZeo

Smash Journeyman
haha you got that right about the needles and dacus. But them I'd turn into a spammy player wouldn't I O_O

ReoZeo

Smash Journeyman
So is majority saying I should just change my strategies with Shiek? Or just try a different character O_O

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Actually I found playing with lag helped my Shiek. Everyone's always going on about Ftilt being so wonderful, but since its harder to use with lag, the other areas of my Shiek have been fleshed out. Last week I played a fellow competitive player offline and went ninja all over him. My playstyle morphed into something wonderful. It's like training on a planet with more gravity.... or at least.... for me it is.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Yeah, I'm the pure result of that with my nearly constantly online play.

It has helped shoved me into fields that I would never explore before like recently I've started using the dtilt to stop aerial approaches.

Do you know how obscure that is? The dtilt to stop aerial attacks? but strangely enough it works pretty well at times.

So yes, your sheik will get better in areas that's not ftilt dependent if you play lots of online brawl but by forcing your energy into those areas you are miss forcing your attention away from Sheiks true core.

The ftilt.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Has anyone ever considered the fact that the ftilt lock is easier online? Input lag makes it harder for your opponent to properly DI the ftilt.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Has anyone ever considered the fact that the ftilt lock is easier online? Input lag makes it harder for your opponent to properly DI the ftilt.
If you try to do the normal timing with the ftilt and you get the sudden lag spike they will be able to escape with ease.

The timing is also harder online a lot of the time when I ftilt lock online I hit "a" as fast as I can unless the lag is very minimal

~night

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
the lay on wii is good but Sheik/Zelda have there only move's that can work out on lag just time it right and Sheik/Zelda and like alsome but i setill need to work on Sheik a lot more lol

ReoZeo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah so I played with Shiek again, and there was a tiny bit lag. The player I was playing is really good, Stealth Raptor, I'm sure some of you heard of him :p So I usually rely on the f-tilt to rack up some damage, but I really coulnd't cause of the lag haha But I guess I still did ok, so maybe the question is this.
How can I improve my tilts when there's a lag?

Top Bottom