• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing Original Smash (& Melee) on my Wii U Console... LAG?

FierceFox

Smash Apprentice
Hello,

1) If I purchase the original Super Smash Bros from the Wii U shop will it have lag on an LCD (flat screen) TV?

I'd love to play the original with my brother on a nicer TV, but I don't want to bust out my N64 and CRT to play it.

2) If it doesn't contain lag, then would I be able to use the Wii U Pro Controllers?

If so, I'm buying the Wii U Pro Controllers ASAP.

3) We are thinking that Wii U Pro Controllers will be the go-to's for competitive Smash 4 play, correct?

4) If Melee were to be run on a Wii U, would it be lag free on a LCD TV as well?

5) Any chance or hope for GC controller options on the Wii U? Or is that done for and I need to move on?

Thanks in advance. I know it's a lot of silly questions, but I don't follow Smash 24/7.

Hahaae

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hahaae
I play SSBB, SSBM, PM and SB64 (via Wii DLC) on an HD TV (not sure of its specs though) and I experience minimal lag. I can still perform techs, etc., easily. This may vary from TV to TV, though. My friend has a different HD TV and it's unplayable, though not just smash; things such as COD, etc., are also unplayable on his TV.

As for SSBM on Wii U, not sure if that will work. You could invest in a GCN easily thoughl; they're cheap. As for GCN Controllers on the Wii U, I would recommend this:
http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Nint...r-Adapter-Wii/dp/B00BS520SG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF
I've heard good things from it and will most likely be investing in one myself when Smash 4 comes out for Wii U.

Top Bottom