• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing online from Europe.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've got the japanese copy of Smash, I live in a country that plays in the europe region, and I've got an american Wii(Nope, nothing australian)(Yes, imported game.).
When I go online, and enter a with anyone match, I always end up getting a message that sends me back to the main menu after a few minutes in the waiting room with no response for other players, so I was just wondering, can't japanese games play online in the American/European region?(I can work games online from both NTSC U and PAL)

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Maybe it's the same error code as Strikers. It means that Nintendo is having problems making matches or too many may be online. It happenes to me sometimes.

R0cket

Smash Apprentice
I think it just blocks IP adresses outside Japan as of now, so the poor japaneses won't lag when they play.

taki

Smash Rookie
well ...i have same problem too ..when i enter to anyone match ...but play with friends is fun for me ..i didn't care too much if i can't play in anyone mode

but i wonder if i add the Brawl FC from another friend who live across the world ..i can add and can play with them ?

Hanniah

Smash Cadet
Works perfectly for me, although only for people in Luxembourg which is odd enough since I'm living 1km away from the French frontier.

I don't know if it can help, but I added the people I want to play (pretty much only brawl owners in Luxembourg) to my friends, perhaps that makes the Wi-Fi connexion possible.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I didn't know that it still worked in the With Friends mode!
That's great, cuz I didn't even bother adding people yet XD
Thanks alot for the answers guys, and if anyone wants to exchange FCs just PM me.

Edds

Smash Ace
i live in england and got a ntsc wii. is it alright i add your wii code? heard all wii friends move over to brawl.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
With anyone doesn't work outside of Japan due to an update to the *** Brawl servers and only *** wiis with the absolute latest Wii Update can use With anyone.

With Friends is fine however.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
With anyone doesn't work outside of Japan due to an update to the *** Brawl servers and only *** wiis with the absolute latest Wii Update can use With anyone.

With Friends is fine however.
You mean 3.2U that came out this week? I've updated to that before I got the game and With Anyone still doesn't work =\

Btw, I've just noticed, I know that you can't chat while playing and all, and it's obvious, but why the hell is there no way to chat AT ALL?
I thought there would atleast be a mode for chatting through the With Friends menu(Not during play)

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
So if you would have a modded wii chip that unlocks for other region games you won't be able to play in "play against anyone" because of IP restrictions?

Top Bottom