• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing against Windy DK as Pikachu

SuperSwagBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xCocho
I played a windy expand dong that other day. Holy damn that upb is crazy. It's difficult for me to punish dk's landing if it's edge-canceled of if the player just lands on the platform quickly enough to just not get the longer landing lag. The player I was up against never messed it up.
As a Pikachu player, I found myself not being able to punish or trade with the up special. Giving stage control isn't an option against windy dk. It always him to play his game more. So shielding was the only option. Jumping out of shield too early meant that I got caught in the wind & pulled up. Jumping too late meant that I was unable to punish & going to another ride on the donkeycopter.

QA means I get caught
Aerials to the special didn't work because it has super armor.
The thing eats t-jolts for breakfast.

If you want to look at the video, it's at the 2 hour & 32 minute mark.
http://www.twitch.tv/adaptchance/b/652528830

Any tips are apprciated. Please share with me your secrets fellow Pikas

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I don't have the time right now, but maybe head over to the dong boards and see what they have on the Pika MU? It'd probably be mentioned there.

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
I don't think any character has found an effective way dealing with custom DK. Sure I get a punish here and there if I'm lucky but in the end DK wins more trade offs significantly. At least Pikachu can somewhat make it back, other characters have it rough.
The only match I saw customs DK get rekt was against customs WFT with her janky up-special. It literally just ended up being who's janky Up-special is better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom